The Student Room Group

Grammar Sixth Form Help!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by MikeyP96
what were your subject choices and predicted grades?

Have you got a reply from camp hill boys?

I applied for Camp Hill boys and had an interview,
but havent heard anything back from them. I
think in the end they might reject me but i am
still waiting for a response. Do you think it would
be best for me to send an email of my grades that
i achieved in March to them? Or is it a bad idea?
I really want to go there...
what were your subject choices and predicted grades?

3 sciences and maths. Predicted grades: 8A*'s(including 2 ICT distinctions),3A's and 2B's. and I have already achieved an A* in maths. :smile:
Reply 82
Original post by star10159
3 sciences and maths. Predicted grades: 8A*'s(including 2 ICT distinctions),3A's and 2B's. and I have already achieved an A* in maths. :smile:

and you got rejected?????
well vesey should be happy to have you
Reply 83
Original post by mazam
Have you got a reply from camp hill boys?

I applied for Camp Hill boys and had an interview,
but havent heard anything back from them. I
think in the end they might reject me but i am
still waiting for a response. Do you think it would
be best for me to send an email of my grades that
i achieved in March to them? Or is it a bad idea?
I really want to go there...

I didn't apply to camp hill
it cant hurt your chances to contact them can it?
and you got rejected?????
well vesey should be happy to have you

Haha thanks :smile: i really didn't want to go to that stuck up school anyways, everyone just seemed so mean there.
what other offers have you got and where are you thinking of going?

So far I've got:
Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls
King Edward Stourbridge
KEHS (King Edward High School for Girls)

But I'm hoping to go to Camphill or KEHS (they are my no1's)
I've been to my Camphill interview, it's just a matter of waiting to see if they give me an offer or not. :rolleyes:
Reply 86
Original post by Kindred.Spirit
So far I've got:
Sutton Coldfield Grammar School for Girls
King Edward Stourbridge
KEHS (King Edward High School for Girls)

But I'm hoping to go to Camphill or KEHS (they are my no1's)
I've been to my Camphill interview, it's just a matter of waiting to see if they give me an offer or not. :rolleyes:

I hope it goes well :smile:
I hope it goes well :smile:

Thanks and me too! *fingers crossed* :biggrin:
Reply 88
My friend said that Camp Hill will be responding before the easter holidays.... so its just a matter of waiting....
Reply 89
Original post by thisisjokes
Got a conditional offer from KEFW today! Probably about time I decide where I'm planning on going in September...

Have you got back to Camp Hill yet mate? 31st is the deadline isn't it? I accepted like a day after the letter out of excitement Haha!
Has your first choice changed since?
Mine remains:
Camp Hill - Accepted offer
SSF - Provisionally accepted offer
Five Ways - Declined offer
Original post by Sapien
Have you got back to Camp Hill yet mate? 31st is the deadline isn't it? I accepted like a day after the letter out of excitement Haha!
Has your first choice changed since?
Mine remains:
Camp Hill - Accepted offer
SSF - Provisionally accepted offer
Five Ways - Declined offer

Initially my plan was to wait until Five Ways replied, but they were taking the piss to respond so out of anger towards them I accepted my Camp Hill offer two weeks ago. I'm going to accept Five Ways and then be cheeky and go to both inductions and see which I prefer then...

Currently mine stands as:
Five Ways (A few of my friends got offers too, which makes the whole process slightly less daunting I guess)
Camp Hill
Bishop Vesey

SSF
(Really really don't want to go there anymore. Pretty much 80% of my year are going there and I think it's time for a change; I love my current school but cba for a continuation of it next year :tongue:)
Initially my plan was to wait until Five Ways replied, but they were taking the piss to respond so out of anger towards them I accepted my Camp Hill offer two weeks ago. I'm going to accept Five Ways and then be cheeky and go to both inductions and see which I prefer then...

Five Ways (A few of my friends got offers too, which makes the whole process slightly less daunting I guess)
Camp Hill
Bishop Vesey

SSF
(Really really don't want to go there anymore. Pretty much 80% of my year are going there and I think it's time for a change; I love my current school but cba for a continuation of it next year :tongue:)

Whats SSF
Whats SSF

Solihull Sixth Form, a fairly good sixth form college in Solihull :smile:
Reply 93

Camp Hill
Bishop Vesey
SSF

Ah, I see. Is Five Ways your first choice? It helps that some of your mates may also go there too!

I settled on Camp Hill because Five Ways is miles away from me. Plus my interviewer was a bit of a **** And I caught feelings haha
Original post by Sapien
Ah, I see. Is Five Ways your first choice? It helps that some of your mates may also go there too!

I settled on Camp Hill because Five Ways is miles away from me. Plus my interviewer was a bit of a **** And I caught feelings haha

Was it by any chance, Mr Fox? That guy really ticked me off.
Original post by Sapien

Erm, I think it is yeah.

Undoubtedly Camp Hill is the better school, but it just seemed to me that I'd enjoy the atmosphere at KEFW slightly more.
With that being said, Mr Hardy did seem quite cool and if other teachers are similar to him then I'd be very happy to go to Camp Hill making the decision slightly harder.

I think I've told myself I'm going to accept both offers, and then decide based on the inductions days.

And yeah? I heard a lot of that about the Five Ways interviewers, particularly the science teachers. I suppose I got lucky, I had an English teacher who told me that she wished I was in her class :colondollar:, and the Maths teacher seemed pretty safe too.

Did any of your friends get into KEFW?
Reply 96
Was it by any chance, Mr Fox? That guy really ticked me off.

I don't remember the name. He was a bald chap who taught chemistry.
Original post by Sapien
Yeah, it seemed a nice school. At the end of the day, I'm sure you'd do sick at any college, regardless of teaching, but whether you like the environment is a big factor. I'd go with where I think I'd enjoy it. I don't buy into 'getting good grades just because you go to grammar school'. It's true to an extent, but I think that the best students will do the best they can do because of their efforts. My brother went to SSF and he got 5 offers including Oxford! He always tells me that one of the reasons he did well was because he enjoyed it there.
Apart from me, another dude got an offer in my year. His first choice is CH though, but he has yet to hear from them.

Yeah, that's very true.
I think that the school itself matters much less than the individual. Provided the work is put in, it's possible to strive and achieve well anywhere. Also, because I've picked English and History, the different courses need to be looked at because obviously different texts and periods are studied at the different schools and that's which I need to take into consideration.
And that's actually very very reassuring! Camp Hill has always stood out in my mind as being the most helpful re: Oxbridge as they always have the highest Oxbridge rates and appear to put in the most support for Oxbridge candidates. It's nice to see people from a wide variety of different schools/colleges getting offers from the top institutions!
Reply 98
Has anyone got a offer/response from Camp Hill Boys?

When are they supposed to send them?
Reply 99
Camp Hill letters are due to arrive in the post today.

Quick Reply