The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

first scene i found disturbing in shiki :s-smilie: ep 14

Spoiler

trying to decide if i should keep on watching and skip my fairly important 9am lecture tomorrow......i think i will :awesome:
Original post by Truered

I tried looking through the website I used to use to buy anime figures, but couldn't really find anything that caught my interest. Well one or two things, but they were over £100 and sod that.

Tis odd to think about how much I spent on figures during 2009-2010.

And scary :colondollar:

:laugh:

ive stopped buying figurines/manga/anime/other anime related stuff :proud:

ive got my last nendoroid which arrived a few weeks ago and i still havent even opened the packaging :ahee:
Reply 2962
Just found out that Fate/Kaleid Liner Prisma Ilya is getting an anime.

This year is such a good year to be a Type Moon fan.
Reply 2963
Original post by eugenius 8
first scene i found disturbing in shiki :s-smilie: ep 14

Spoiler

trying to decide if i should keep on watching and skip my fairly important 9am lecture tomorrow......i think i will :awesome:

Oh goodness episode 14! That was some episode - I was episodically blogging Shiki and I recall that episode being really difficult to write about. However it's still one of my most read posts so I guess the emotional trauma was somewhat worth it XD

Really want to rewatch Shiki, but I don't think my heart could take it yet - I invested so much time and effort into that show, it's just fantastic.
Reply 2964
Yes that episode of shiki made for difficult viewing.:s-smilie:

watched welcome to the space show, the first half was great, this great wonder as these kids floated around this moon city with such interesting aliens. :shock: Not so keen on the second more serious half, which was a bit all over the place.:confused: But did realise when they went to that talking dogs planet that he must have been some kind of dog nudist because the rest of them even his parents were wearing clothes.:hmmm:
*didn't find any episodes of Shiki difficult to watch, the whole series was awesome*

Caught up on Guilty Crown and Shakugan no Shana III, both unstalled as I have tons more free time than expected while supposedly on work placement... don't know why I bothered, guess there's no fighting my completist nature. :p: IMO they're about as bad as each other, sharing similar plot and pacing issues. I no longer care much for the story line of either, but I can't bring myself to rate them any lower than I have due to their high production values. :o: If I had to pick a favorite it'd probably be Shana III, though that's likely due to nostalgia and the awesome first OP.
(edited 12 years ago)
I'll say the same I've been saying around bloggers in regards to Another episode 11.

I can’t deny that I was very engrossed in the episode but there are two major gripes with this episode for me.

Spoiler

For me, the highlight of this was the action. But for a thriller/horror like Another, it shouldn’t be. I’m getting the feeling everyone is praising this episode for something we shouldn’t be praising it for. This isn’t blood+ or Hellsing so it baffles me why the focus has shifted as if it was.
Regardless, I look forward to next monday eagerly!
http://www.animenewsnetwork.co.uk/news/2012-03-20/crunchyroll-launches-u.k-page

ANN

The simulcast site Crunchyroll has launched a U.K. version of its page at www.crunchyroll.co.uk. In addition, the Crunchyroll CEO, Kuri Gao, has given an interview to the website UK Anime Network, available as a 31-minute podcast. The interview was conducted by Andy Hanley.
In the interview, Gao says that Crunchyroll will be "much more focused about bringing our level of service to English-speaking fans in the U.K" and that he aims to maximise the titles available in the territory. Of the 26 titles being simulcast in the current anime season, 22 are available to the U.K. through Crunchyroll. Gao says he hopes to get the number of titles to the same level as the U.S.
New users are offered a 14-day free trial. Membership is available at £4.99 a month, allowing access to all the anime titles available in the U.K. (There is also an £8.99 a month "All-Access" package, covering both anime and live-action Japanese dramas.) According to Gao, the £4.99 price is pegged, and will not be subject to exchange rate fluctuations.

Suppose that's preferable to using the US site, only to find that everything good you click on isn't actually available. :p:
Reply 2968
wonder what that will mean for anime on demand :beard:... actually Ive not heard anything from them in a long time.. do they still exist?:s-smilie:
What did you guys think about Shiki? I downloaded it all, watched like the first 2 episodes then didn't really get hooked in on it. Would you recommend actually watching it?
Reply 2970
Original post by AdvStudy
What did you guys think about Shiki? I downloaded it all, watched like the first 2 episodes then didn't really get hooked in on it. Would you recommend actually watching it?

yes very much so, it starts off slowly but once it really gets going it becomes very good. :teeth:
Original post by vin
wonder what that will mean for anime on demand :beard:... actually Ive not heard anything from them in a long time.. do they still exist?:s-smilie:

Yeah, they exist. I assume they'll just have to pick up the series that are streaming on other sites (NicoNico, Fannymotion etc), maybe even get something that isn't already streamed in the US. Or go bust. :p:
Reply 2972

I enjoyed watching it, though not particularly as a horror thing. I thought its real pleasure was as a kind of remorseless thriller -- you watch as the pieces fall into place, and you spend a lot of time knowing more than the characters do, though there are a few (well-done) surprising revelations -- and towards the end it picks up momentum and everything falls apart in a welter of amoral violence.
Reply 2973
Hi guys
What would you recommend for someone who wants to start watching anime, like films to tv shows?
I haven't watched it since I was a child :smile:
Thanks
Reply 2974
Original post by Facticity
I'll say the same I've been saying around bloggers in regards to Another episode 11.

I can’t deny that I was very engrossed in the episode but there are two major gripes with this episode for me.

Spoiler

For me, the highlight of this was the action. But for a thriller/horror like Another, it shouldn’t be. I’m getting the feeling everyone is praising this episode for something we shouldn’t be praising it for. This isn’t blood+ or Hellsing so it baffles me why the focus has shifted as if it was.
Regardless, I look forward to next monday eagerly!

I found the latest episode hysterically funny - I can't believe how badly the show misses the point of how a horror is supposed to work.......well actually yes I can, after all this director was also responsible for the lulz that was Blood-C.......

I love Shiki, it's my no.2 on my Top 50 of all time. It's a slow burn to start off with as the show takes its time to painstakingly lay the groundwork for the setting & characters - once it reaches its midpoint though, you won't be able to look away from the utter mayhem unfolding on the screen. One of the best shows to air in the last 5 years IMO.

Original post by olive325
Hi guys
What would you recommend for someone who wants to start watching anime, like films to tv shows?
I haven't watched it since I was a child :smile:
Thanks

Aiko has actually set up a post especially for newcomers to anime - http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1593150 I'd highly recommend nearly everything she's listed so I'd say just pick something from whatever genre takes your fancy.
Reply 2975
Spring Anime Preview is done!

Reply 2976
Catching up on the manliest show this season.

Reply 2977
Original post by Tabris
Catching up on the manliest show this season.

Truth. I always come away from an episode with a squarer, stubblier jaw.
^^ :rofl: i can never get into mahou shoujo shows :no:

Original post by caraniel
Oh goodness episode 14! That was some episode - I was episodically blogging Shiki and I recall that episode being really difficult to write about. However it's still one of my most read posts so I guess the emotional trauma was somewhat worth it XD

Really want to rewatch Shiki, but I don't think my heart could take it yet - I invested so much time and effort into that show, it's just fantastic.

im finding it pretty good so far, not epic standard, but that might change now after watching ep 18 :teeth:

Spoiler

Reply 2979
Watched the final episode of Guilty Crown. Missed Black Rock Shooter and Amagami.

With regards to Guilty Crown.

Spoiler

Latest

Trending

Trending