The Student Room Group

PMP's Transformation Blog

Scroll to see replies

10 stone 3lbs 4oz lol

I don't think I'm going to be winning the contest. Half a stone loss isn't that marvellous really.
Maybe it's not loads, but it's a pretty significant loss for you. And if it means you get to stay within normal BMI to have your op, then that's a much better result for you then winning some competition. Most people have long abandoned their January resolutions by now but you're still going, and it seems like you're getting into lifestyle change territory rather than just dieting which is great.

(Sorry - I do lurk in some of these threads but feel a bit daft commenting usually, but I just wanted to say that!).
Original post by IlexAquifolium
Maybe it's not loads, but it's a pretty significant loss for you. And if it means you get to stay within normal BMI to have your op, then that's a much better result for you then winning some competition. Most people have long abandoned their January resolutions by now but you're still going, and it seems like you're getting into lifestyle change territory rather than just dieting which is great.

(Sorry - I do lurk in some of these threads but feel a bit daft commenting usually, but I just wanted to say that!).

thanks, I appreciate it :smile:

You shouldn't feel daft commenting. Speak your mind! That was sound advice :smile:

Right I've joined MyFitnessPal as of yesterday.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/XenaGlamRocker

No real significant weight change of late. 10 stone 3lbs 2oz for the past two days.
aaaaand still 10 stone 3lbz 2oz haha. It's kind of getting funny now.

Hubby is down to 26 stone 3lbs as of this morning. That's a 7 stone loss for him in total. I'm so proud of him.
Reply 244
I seriously think you need to stop weighing yourself so often!!
Original post by Becca
I seriously think you need to stop weighing yourself so often!!

Out of curiosity...why? What difference does it make?

Okay, so I know weight fluctuates from day to day (or even from hour to hour), but even if I had ONLY weighed myself a week ago - when I was 10 stone 3lbs 8oz....
...as of this morning, I'm 10 stone 3lbs 4oz. So what would that tell me? Nothing more than what I already know by having weighed myself daily...that I'm pretty much in a plateau right now.

I just don't see why it's such a huge problem for me to be weighing myself daily really. It keeps me sane lol. Weighing myself weekly would have me on edge all week. It's not as though I'm suddenly going to start starving myself or anything, so I can't see what difference it makes really.
Reply 246
Original post by PinkMobilePhone
Out of curiosity...why? What difference does it make?

Okay, so I know weight fluctuates from day to day (or even from hour to hour), but even if I had ONLY weighed myself a week ago - when I was 10 stone 3lbs 8oz....
...as of this morning, I'm 10 stone 3lbs 4oz. So what would that tell me? Nothing more than what I already know by having weighed myself daily...that I'm pretty much in a plateau right now.

I just don't see why it's such a huge problem for me to be weighing myself daily really. It keeps me sane lol. Weighing myself weekly would have me on edge all week. It's not as though I'm suddenly going to start starving myself or anything, so I can't see what difference it makes really.

Well ok, it just seems from your posts that you're really frustrated at the plateau, maybe it's just me misinterpreting them, which is easy to do on the internet! Personally I'd find it more encouraging not to weigh myself for a while, keep on eating healthily and trying to exercise as much as possible to have the focus on lifestyle rather than weight, but that's just me.
If it helps you to weigh yourself all the time then obviously carry on, but to me it wasn't coming across that way which is why I made the comment.

PS where do you get a scale that measures oz as well as lbs?!
Original post by Becca
Well ok, it just seems from your posts that you're really frustrated at the plateau, maybe it's just me misinterpreting them, which is easy to do on the internet! Personally I'd find it more encouraging not to weigh myself for a while, keep on eating healthily and trying to exercise as much as possible to have the focus on lifestyle rather than weight, but that's just me.
If it helps you to weigh yourself all the time then obviously carry on, but to me it wasn't coming across that way which is why I made the comment.

PS where do you get a scale that measures oz as well as lbs?!

It's a high capacity scale (to take my hubby's weight as well). You can set it to kgs, or lbs, or stones. I set it to stones, and it shows stones, pounds, and ounces.

http://www.boots.com/en/Salter-Extra-High-Capacity-Glass-Scale-Model-9004_40147/
Reply 248
It's a high capacity scale (to take my hubby's weight as well). You can set it to kgs, or lbs, or stones. I set it to stones, and it shows stones, pounds, and ounces.

http://www.boots.com/en/Salter-Extra-High-Capacity-Glass-Scale-Model-9004_40147/

Ooh, actually pretty good value! Was expecting it to be like £50 when I clicked the link! Might have to get a new one as I don't think the one we have is very accurate.
Maybe your body has found the weight it likes. At least you're plateauing at a healthy weight and not overweight :-). That would be more annoying!
True, maybe my body has found the weight it likes. I wish it liked a lower weight though lol.

!0 stone 3lbs exactly as of this morning. So I've lost the ounces at least. SOOOOO SLOOOOOW GOOOOING lol
Well, I guess I just about broke the plateau, JUST in time for the finale. 10 stone 2lbs 8oz as of this morning. I've taken my end-of-transformation-contest photos, but seems I can't put them up yet, the thread doesn't appear to be open yet (odd though, as it says it should be open by now).

Starting weight 10 stone 10lbs 4oz
End weight 10 stone 2lbs 8oz

Loss of : 7lbs 12oz

an extra four ounces would have been nice, to make it an even 8lbs loss, but no matter I suppose.
(edited 12 years ago)
well, end pics, what the hell :

Spoiler

I think you can tell a bit of difference from the first set of photos. At least in the one where I'm facing forwards anyway. Not TONS of difference (not by any stretch of the imagination), but a little bit, which is better than nowt I guess.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 253
You can definitely see a difference, you look great!! :biggrin:
I can totally see the difference, you look fantastic!
Original post by Becca
You can definitely see a difference, you look great!! :biggrin:

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
I can totally see the difference, you look fantastic!

Thanks so much ladies

I think in this one there's a difference in my waist at least. It goes in a bit more than it did originally lol.

Spoiler

I think it's harder to tell in the other pics, but not to worry :smile:
Thanks so much ladies

I think in this one there's a difference in my waist at least. It goes in a bit more than it did originally lol.

Spoiler

I think it's harder to tell in the other pics, but not to worry :smile:

Yeah there's a definite difference! You've come such a long way :biggrin:. xx
Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Yeah there's a definite difference! You've come such a long way :biggrin:. xx

thanks hun *hugs*
don't even know whether or not I should keep updating this now that I've already submitted my end photos, but it's quite cathartic.
10 stone 2lbs exactly this morning, making an 8lbs 4oz loss since the contest began. I'm going to Taybarns for lunch though so no doubt will pile it all on. Gonna try and stay heavy on the salads and not touch the puddings!
Okay, cracking back on with this now. I've been calorie counting but it's not going brilliantly.

As of yesterday morning, 9 stone 13lbs 8oz. (I'm 10 stone exactly today but I came on so I'm bloated, so I'm ignoring that).

I managed to see 9 stone 11lbs last week but it quickly disappeared again which is frustrating.

Pic of me yesterday :

Hubby and I have decided to do the "pre-op" diet again for a week and see how that goes, and then go onto 3 weeks of calorie counting, and then another week of pre-op diet. Okay so he's not having the surgery now, but it's a good diet lol.

So, starting today, "pre-op" diet again.

Might as well blog it, I lose my motivation when I'm not waffling on!

Quick Reply