The Student Room Group

Presents for a maths teacher?

Heya:smile:

I was just wondering what would be the most appropriate present for a maths teacher. I just found out today that she was leaving the job and I am still in shock:eek: She is literally the best maths teacher ever, but she was planning to leave anyway, after we have finished our GCSE's (which is in 3 months). She didn't tell anyone in class the reason to why she was leaving so suddenly (apart form me). I am really sad, because she is probably the only teacher that for me, made maths easy and fun, so in return, I want to give her something that she would not only remember me but the whole class by. Next friday is her last day and I need to buy her something beforehand. I need urgent help!!

Thanks a lot and all comments are appreciated:h:xxx

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
What about an iPhone? Is that too much?

EDIT: Wow! What a reaction! We gave our chemistry teacher an iPhone and she had been ecstatic about it. If the neggers think I was being sarcastic, or that it's an unreasonable gift, then they're wrong :colonhash:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Zoya Khan

I'd love to, but I doubt that she would take it from me. Not that I don't want to buy it, it's just that she doesn't like taking really expensive things from anyone. Thanks anyway:smile:x
Reply 3
Original post by justanotherindigo
I'd love to, but I doubt that she would take it from me. Not that I don't want to buy it, it's just that she doesn't like taking really expensive things from anyone. Thanks anyway:smile:x

What if it's from all the students? Everyone can contribute and it will be something from everyone. Say everyone contributed just a little with those puppy dogs :tongue:uppyeyes (even if they didn't lol no one would back off from taking credit!)

That's really good:smile: Thanks:tongue:
Original post by mangoh
a HD tv?

Who doesn't like TV?

I would love too, but she is going back to her country. I doubt that you'll be allowed to carry a HD TV in the aeroplane:tongue:
Reply 7
Do you know anything about what she likes?? I used to have a teacher in high school who was amazing, she spent an hour every week talking to me and helping me out with work etc during her free period. I knew she loved reading so I got her a book token to say thank you when I left the school :smile:
Reply 8
a poster that shows pi to 100 dp
A pie. GET IT?

EDIT: WHO could possibly NOT LOVE PIE? You sir, are a monster.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
A maths set duh? :smile:
Original post by Jenx301
Do you know anything about what she likes?? I used to have a teacher in high school who was amazing, she spent an hour every week talking to me and helping me out with work etc during her free period. I knew she loved reading so I got her a book token to say thank you when I left the school :smile:

She's exactly like the way you describe your teacher!:smile: Well, she LOVES MATHS!!That's for sure. She likes everything really, so she wouldn't make a fuss out of anything that I would buy her. Thanks a lot:tongue:
Original post by Zoya Khan

EDIT: Wow! What a reaction! We gave our chemistry teacher an iPhone and she had been ecstatic about it. If the neggers think I was being sarcastic, or that it's an unreasonable gift, then they're wrong :colonhash:

How much money do you have? Even if you're talking about a group present, that's still a hell of a lot of money- I couldn't nearly afford one for myself, let alone put towards one for someone else!!
Reply 13
Perhaps something like an engraved pen? You can get one to suit almost any budget and you could have a message to help her remember you all.
Original post by master roflcopter
How much money do you have? Even if you're talking about a group present, that's still a hell of a lot of money- I couldn't nearly afford one for myself, let alone put towards one for someone else!!

Sorry for the unreasonable suggestion :blush:
I have enough to afford an iPhone but when we got it for her, it was the thirty of us and we were really going to miss her :redface: thought if she could do so much for us, we should also do something she may never forget.
Reply 15
From Mankind you can get a wrongulator (I think that's it). Basically, it is calculator that always gives the wrong answer. I've bought it to give to my teacher, so when pupils forget their calculators she can give them that :smile:. Or just keep it if she decides to be nice.
A pi tie
Or everyone in the class could remember 50 digits of pi (e.g. you remember 1-50, someone else remembers 51-100) and you could spend your last lesson reciting it to her. Or make up a song about it.
I would go for a sort of mathsy-mug liketw one above, or there's a clock on amazon which has all the numbers as little equations eg root16 instead of 4.

I'd also bake a cake with a few digits of pi iced on top (I can make pretty good cakes though, so I'm okay) and that would make for a nice final class.
Reply 19
Get her a life :teehee:

Nah. I kid.

Buy her some cake.
eeerrrrrrryyybodeeeyyyy lurvs cake!

(waits for a killjoy to suggest she might be diabetic)
:tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending