The Student Room Group

Glasgow School of Art, GSA 2012 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 280
Original post by Ruta V
GSA have definitely started answering now, this girl I know who went to an interview with them about 2 weeks ago just told me she got rejected (applied for fashion). So everyone who didn't get a rejection yet should just wait patiently to get accepted! (as I assume they're sending out the bad news first)

I haven't even had a bloomin' interview! :/
I keep seeing people on facebook like "Yay i got into communication design!" ... I may just give up.
Original post by ohirome

I haven't heard, AT ALL :frown:
Wish i just knew what was going on!! hopefully if the bad news goes out first, we've got interviews? xx
Reply 283
Original post by ohirome

yeah I know, me neither... but just wanted to point out that they have started to not only answer those with mini folios but those who have had their interviews already :smile:
Reply 284
Original post by Jasmineholt
I haven't heard, AT ALL :frown:
Wish i just knew what was going on!! hopefully if the bad news goes out first, we've got interviews? xx

I hope so! I keep thinking its ridiculous that they haven't got back to me at all, but neither have St Martins, so I guess the more prestigious the institution, the more they can afford to totally neglect their applicants! Im half joking, but still...its rather annoying. :/ Positive vibes your way! :smile: Are you applying to 1st or 2nd year comm design?
Reply 285
Original post by Ruta V
yeah I know, me neither... but just wanted to point out that they have started to not only answer those with mini folios but those who have had their interviews already :smile:

Ahhhh I see. Thanks! Stupid GSA. Where else have you applied to?
Original post by ohirome
I hope so! I keep thinking its ridiculous that they haven't got back to me at all, but neither have St Martins, so I guess the more prestigious the institution, the more they can afford to totally neglect their applicants! Im half joking, but still...its rather annoying. :/ Positive vibes your way! :smile: Are you applying to 1st or 2nd year comm design?

Wish you luck also, you're probably right to be honest, dundee have been much better. 1st year ? :smile: you?
Reply 287
Wish you luck also, you're probably right to be honest, dundee have been much better. 1st year ? :smile: you?

2nd year. Im just finishing up my HND. Again, lots of luck all around! :smile:
Original post by ohirome
2nd year. Im just finishing up my HND. Again, lots of luck all around! :smile:

right on que, i just got my rejection email from edinburgh general arts.. roll on glasgow!
Reply 289
Original post by ohirome
Ahhhh I see. Thanks! Stupid GSA. Where else have you applied to?

heriot watt, uca epsom and rgu (will withdraw probably). And you?
Reply 290
right on que, i just got my rejection email from edinburgh general arts.. roll on glasgow!

Oh balls! I wonder if ill get my ECA email too. This waiting game is horrendous! Oh the stress haha

Original post by Ruta V
heriot watt, uca epsom and rgu (will withdraw probably). And you?

GSA, ECA, St Martins, Chelsea (I got an interview but changed my mind, so withdrawn) and Uni of Ulster as my backup!
aaahhh i've got my (phone) interview for painting and printmaking tomorrow. does anyone know when the last p+p interviews take place? i just want them to decide soon and so does everyone else........... i was really surprised to even get an interview but it kind of got my hopes up. does anyone know how many applicants are being interviewed?
Reply 292
got an unconditional to glasgow today!
Reply 293
Original post by smschneider
aaahhh i've got my (phone) interview for painting and printmaking tomorrow. does anyone know when the last p+p interviews take place? i just want them to decide soon and so does everyone else........... i was really surprised to even get an interview but it kind of got my hopes up. does anyone know how many applicants are being interviewed?

apparently you'll hear in april, not sure how many got interviews but 600 applied and for 2nd yr entry 12 get places not sure how many for first year, tho id assume the ratios are similar to fine art photog which was 300 applicants, 80 interviews, 17-20 places, good luck, i cant wait to start in september :smile:
Reply 294
Original post by EilzMac
got an unconditional to glasgow today!

congrats, which course and are you going to accept,
Reply 295
textiles :smile:
im not sure yet actually... had my heriot watt interview today and it was pretty impressive! and also got a couple of dundee interviews soon, really dont know yet lol!!
Reply 296
Original post by EilzMac
textiles :smile:
im not sure yet actually... had my heriot watt interview today and it was pretty impressive! and also got a couple of dundee interviews soon, really dont know yet lol!!

ah i see, well good luck, have you applied straight from a levels/btec's etc?
The woman from the photography department is really lovely, she said there are still a few people left i was one of them, so don't loose faith guys!! they have definitely had some major problems with computer systems, still its not right that they couldn't be bothered to contact us to tell us! She offered to interview me even though i have already accepted another university, very kind!!
Reply 298
Original post by rayray12310
ah i see, well good luck, have you applied straight from a levels/btec's etc?

just doing a BTEC Foundation year at college now :smile:
Original post by rayray12310
omg really? is that just for people who havent had interview offers yet or everybody? and how do you know? sorry for all the questions but im freaking out not knowing

For the people who had not got a reply about interviews yet, I got rejected unfortunatley, I was getting the information from the University via phone calls.

Quick Reply