The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2012

Scroll to see replies

Original post by .eXe
Lol it's not rude...we're all applicants here and anxiety is understandable. I was rejected and I would have no problems answering any questions others may have.

Randomly, did you apply for BM6 or did you go for BM4/5 but because we're all so amazing in this thread you're chatting in here?

Don't get me wrong, it's lovely to have you but your sig suggests you have a degree and BM6 doesn't (that I know of) take post-grads.

I really don't want this to sound bitchy or mean cause i don't mean it like that! Just curious!

:biggrin:
Original post by ProfoundDesperado
Had my interview at around 4pm yesterday, found out today that they rejected me. But i'm not gonna waste time looking into the past, i'll try me best to get 4 A's this year then reapply in September. Still waiting for the reason. I thought the interview went well but some of my answers could have been a bit longer.

So sorry to hear that though you have the perfect outlook which is impressive. At least you weren't hanging on for weeks waiting to hear back.

So much bad news recently.
Reply 2342
Original post by BethaneyJ
Randomly, did you apply for BM6 or did you go for BM4/5 but because we're all so amazing in this thread you're chatting in here?

Don't get me wrong, it's lovely to have you but your sig suggests you have a degree and BM6 doesn't (that I know of) take post-grads.

I really don't want this to sound bitchy or mean cause i don't mean it like that! Just curious!

:biggrin:

Nope I am (or was) a BM5 applicant. Lol I chat in both Soton threads, although since my recent rejection I doubt I'll be posting much on them now. And yep you guys are totally amazing in this thread :P So polite wow..
Original post by .eXe
Nope I am (or was) a BM5 applicant. Lol I chat in both Soton threads, although since my recent rejection I doubt I'll be posting much on them now. And yep you guys are totally amazing in this thread :P So polite wow..

Ahh. Noo! Keep posting! We need nice people around!

Sorry to hear about your application. What are your options now then? Southampton seem to reject some of the best applicants (or at least the people I think are the best haha).

It's frustrating as when you get here, some people are not so nice and you start to wonder if the saying that "Mean doctors come from Soton Uni" are true!
Reply 2344
Just checked track, offer :biggrin: It must have just updated as i've checked it 5 times already today. Really really happy! Good luck to everyone still waiting.
Got an offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooo!!!
Original post by Skyeblu
Just checked track, offer :biggrin: It must have just updated as i've checked it 5 times already today. Really really happy! Good luck to everyone still waiting.

Original post by sulagna_roy
Got an offer!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wooooooooo!!!

Original post by GatsbyFanatic
Got an offer!!! Woop woop!!! Good luck to everyone else! Hope I see you at Southampton in October!

Congratulations!!!

https://www.facebook.com/groups/384163164941388/ - BM6 2012 Facebook group, come and chat and get to know each other (new group at the moment though).

My year (2010) and 2011 have both had Facebook groups and they're so useful. :biggrin:
Reply 2347
Got an offer at 09:45 today. Had my interview on the 21st of March. Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear back :smile:
Reply 2348
Original post by India27
Got an offer at 09:45 today. Had my interview on the 21st of March. Good luck to everyone who is waiting to hear back :smile:

Ah well done!! :smile: Did you find out through Track?
Reply 2349
Original post by tobnot
Ah well done!! :smile: Did you find out through Track?

Yeah mate through track. Best of luck to you :smile:

We're you the guy with glasses on the interview day?
Congratz on the offers!
And good luck to those who are still waiting to hear!
Reply 2351
Original post by India27
Yeah mate through track. Best of luck to you :smile:

We're you the guy with glasses on the interview day?

Haha yeah that was me! Were you the guy that asked about prosection and dissection? Also do you remember who your interviewers were?
Sorry to all those with rejections. Best of luck with the rest of your application be it this year or next.

I'm still waiting to hear... but not long now I guess! :smile:
Reply 2353
Original post by tobnot
Haha yeah that was me! Were you the guy that asked about prosection and dissection? Also do you remember who your interviewers were?

Yeah that was me :smile: I really didn't know what to ask, so I asked that random question lol. It was getting slightly awkward with that med student just looking at us expecting us to ask something! I can't remember who my interviewers were (there was a friendly man and a nice lady - both GP's I think) but I was interviewed in the room next to the room your interview was in. Your interview was finished before mine had started wasn't it?
Reply 2354
Original post by India27
Yeah that was me :smile: I really didn't know what to ask, so I asked that random question lol. It was getting slightly awkward with that med student just looking at us expecting us to ask something! I can't remember who my interviewers were (there was a friendly man and a nice lady - both GP's I think) but I was interviewed in the room next to the room your interview was in. Your interview was finished before mine had started wasn't it?

Yeah it was slightly awkward, I had nothing to ask... One of my interviewers was a consultant dermatologist and he was pretty hostile. Yeah I was, before I knew it they said 'I think we're about finished' looking at the clock, so the 20 mins flew by!
Reply 2355
offer!! see you guys soon..
Have all the offers been sent out by now?
Not sure, some of us got offers on Thursday, and some got them on Friday and Saturday. The official deadline isn't until the end of the coming week so don't lose hope! I hope you get a place :smile:

It's just frustrating because I haven't heard anything, but maybe no news is good news right now :redface: And, thanks! I'm guessing you've got a place?
yeah I heard back like some others on Thursday :smile: It's probably a good sign, to my understanding I think they send out offers/rejections from tuesday-saturday so good luck!

Yeah, fingers crossed! And really well done on getting your place! :smile:
Loved Southampton! So chuffed to get my offer :biggrin: See you guys sooooooon!!

Good luck for those who are waiting!
(edited 12 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending