The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tateco
Exactly! Do you think GCSEs might have been a factor with Warwick not working out this time either?

Sorry, I haven't been rejected by Warwick yet.
Still waiting in LSE and Warwick, only rejection was Cambridge and that was after being fished out the pool for a second interview lol.
My GCSE's are like 3a*6a, so they aren't great but I guess my A2's make up for it.
Reply 9241
Original post by member910132
Still waiting in LSE and Warwick, only rejection was Cambridge and that was after being fished out the pool for a second interview lol.
My GCSE's are like 3a*6a, so they aren't great but I guess my A2's make up for it.

Oooh you've still got it all going on then! Sorry to hear about Cambridge, I got pooled too but it must have been frustrating to get so close! Which college did you apply to if you don't mind me asking? :redface:
Reply 9242

Did Cambridge give feeback? What was your A in at A2?
Don't wanna say really.
I am secretive about my identity so I have changed my A2's a bit, but all the stuff on uni is accurate.
Reply 9244
Don't wanna say really.
I am secretive about my identity so I have changed my A2's a bit, but all the stuff on uni is accurate.

Okay :smile: you can PM me if you want but don't worry if you don't want to :smile:
I've got a St. Andrews offer today. I finally have an insurance :smile:
Reply 9246
Original post by nightmare91
I've got a St. Andrews offer today. I finally have an insurance :smile:

Congrats! I hope you'll get LSE soon.
Anyone know if Cardiff is any good for Economics?
Been offered a place there through Extra, dont know whether to accept it or wait til I hear back from Newcastle about Politics & Economics. Obviously id rather do straight Econ but quite a lack of places in Extra for it and the co-ordinator person ****ed up my UCAS app. hence why im in Extra!

Any suggestions? Cardiff or Newcastle?
Original post by hypercaine.
Anyone know if Cardiff is any good for Economics?
Been offered a place there through Extra, dont know whether to accept it or wait til I hear back from Newcastle about Politics & Economics. Obviously id rather do straight Econ but quite a lack of places in Extra for it and the co-ordinator person ****ed up my UCAS app. hence why im in Extra!

Any suggestions? Cardiff or Newcastle?

What are your grades like ?
What are your grades like ?

Not great (compared to others in this thread) currently sitting on ABB but cant be bothered to re-sit. Ive also done a year at Durham University so im hoping that will also add strength to my application.
I guess im pretty lucky to even be considered by Cardiff considering their entry requirements are AAB, the same as Newcastle.
Original post by aalex
Congrats! I hope you'll get LSE soon.

Thanks, but that's not very probable :redface:
Reply 9251
Just had my first 'unsuccessful' on UCAS through from UCL (L100). I guess that's one more place to somebody who might actually want it! :smile:
rejection from UCL, didnt even want it (well maybe i did but not desperately trying to tell myself bath will be better)

woo bath!

:frown:
Reply 9253
Original post by emily_becca
rejection from UCL, didnt even want it (well maybe i did but not desperately trying to tell myself bath will be better)

woo bath!

:frown:

BATH is the shizzle!!! :colone:
Thanks, but that's not very probable :redface:

Not true, last year there was a high volume of offers given out right at the end of March. I myself an quite hopeful.
Not true, last year there was a high volume of offers given out right at the end of March. I myself an quite hopeful.

I guess I am just quite pessimistic when it comes to LSE, but let's hope for the best :smile:
Reply 9256
I guess I am just quite pessimistic when it comes to LSE, but let's hope for the best :smile:

whats your first choice then mate?
Reply 9257

What about UCL?
Sorry, dunno about them.
Original post by wachno
whats your first choice then mate?

Warwick :smile: