The Student Room Group

How do i know if i will enjoy economics at uni?

My school doesn't offer economics a-level. I however, regularly read the economist and am interested in politics and current affairs and political and economic history and have also go the grades and am good/enjoy maths a lot.

Is this any indication that an economics degree is right for me? If i like discussing current affairs and am interested in things like how the 2008 financial crises, will i enjoy an economics degree?
Original post by Nanopker
My school doesn't offer economics a-level. I however, regularly read the economist and am interested in politics and current affairs and political and economic history and have also go the grades and am good/enjoy maths a lot.

Is this any indication that an economics degree is right for me? If i like discussing current affairs and am interested in things like how the 2008 financial crises, will i enjoy an economics degree?

It certainly sounds like you would enjoy an economics degree. You've basically answered your own question there.
Reply 2
Original post by Oxy-moron Prodigy
It certainly sounds like you would enjoy an economics degree. You've basically answered your own question there.

I know, but i wasn't if enjoying current affairs and reading the economist was necessarily a good indication that an economics degree was the right way to go.
Reply 3
Original post by Nanopker

Economics at A level is quite different to degree level economics - At A level, there are a lot of data response and essays, so you basically learn the principles (which you will cover again in university anyway), whilst at degree level, you have more of a balance between essays and maths.

You do sound like the type of person who will enjoy it, so I'd say go for it.
Reply 4
yes, maybe politics as well

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending