The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Depression Society MKVI

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5740
Original post by Nut.
:console: I think there are quite a few of us singletons on here :frown:

We'll all find people. My last boyfriend completely blindsighted me, and I expect it'll happen again, and it'll happen for you too.

Even though that was more than two years ago and I'm now a recluse. :colondollar:

:hugs:
Reply 5741
Original post by Phoenix07
Well things like that can be important, I think it really does depend what you want to study though. I looked into applying for Occupational Therapy and for something like that they want you to have workexperience/volunteer work. But for IT if you can just show you are passionate and where you want to go with it (future career wise). Thats all I did for my personal statement on accounting and I got accepted.

But I am not doing accounting or Occupational therapy :tongue: Currently studying Psychology at Bangor University!

But cool, would be nice to go to the meet, but I live in North Wales which isn't really close to either so will have to see :tongue: would be nice to meet everyone though! :biggrin:

Thanks! :smile: That explains it well.

Sounds like a good course :smile:. Do you like the university?

Must be annoying living somewhere far :biggrin:. But I would really love to meet people here, especially you :smile: :hugs:
Original post by Nut.
I suck because I never make an effort to come on msn

:tongue:

Spoiler

Original post by avhhs
Thanks! :smile: That explains it well.

Sounds like a good course :smile:. Do you like the university?

Must be annoying living somewhere far :biggrin:. But I would really love to meet people here, especially you :smile: :hugs:

haha I am not sure if I did explain that well, but hopefully you got the gist of it :smile:

Yer the course is really interesting, psychology does interest me, just got to work out what I want to do next now. Bangor is really nice, it is very pretty up here and when the weather is nice it is lovely. But it is miles away from everything really, and there isn't much to do. Bit of a nightlife but it really isn't great :tongue:

Yer would be nice to meet you to, not really spoken to that many people on here much at all :tongue: did you say you live by london? So it'll be nice and easy for you to get to the meet :tongue:
Reply 5744
haha I am not sure if I did explain that well, but hopefully you got the gist of it :smile:

Yer the course is really interesting, psychology does interest me, just got to work out what I want to do next now. Bangor is really nice, it is very pretty up here and when the weather is nice it is lovely. But it is miles away from everything really, and there isn't much to do. Bit of a nightlife but it really isn't great :tongue:

Yer would be nice to meet you to, not really spoken to that many people on here much at all :tongue: did you say you live by london? So it'll be nice and easy for you to get to the meet :tongue:

Yeah I managed to understand it :tongue:.

Sounds like a nice place. Would you rather choose a university in a big city though?

I live in London, not far from Heathrow Airport :tongue:. But I really would have loved to meet you :smile: :hugs:
Reply 5745
Original post by Wilfred Little
Hiya, thanks, I'll try to spoiler anything I think may affect other people then.

A bit of both tbh, I had a bad day yesterday, so tried to go out somewhere just to be outside of the house, and got anxious so came back without going anywhere other than a short walk. :frown:

Today has been the same. Sometimes I get isolated so bad I just want to do something. :redface: :frown:

Sorry you're having a rubbish time - I hope you feel better soon. If it goes on for a while, do talk to someone about it.

Original post by Sabertooth
You got more **** done than you failed at, that's something to be proud of. :smile:

With the concentration hopefully that will improve as you get more sleep. Well done on getting 8 hours last night, that's really awesome, but one night doesn't replace weeks of broken sleep. Give yourself time to recover and hopefully your concentation will improve in time too.

Yeah, I hope you're right.

Uberpoints for going to your group the other day - glad that it was better than you thought it would be. :smile:

Original post by avhhs
You're not old! :tongue:. At least you had attempted to have a date - I haven't even been out with a friend! That must have been harsh though :frown:. Muslim parents are so strict (I am muslim myself :frown:). But my parents don't really care now, especially I have stopped praying and also get angry when my mum is watching religious programmes, and try to turn the TV off or at least put it on mute. I am going to drink too :biggrin:.

But wherever I go I see people talking about their "girlfriend" and also kissing and being intimate :cry2: :hugs:

Yeah, that's what I felt when I was 17 too. It will get better. If you find you are too shy to approach girls when you eventually get some freedom from your parents, try internet dating sites - worked for me!

Original post by Alofleicester
All the aims count though.

I'm alright - really need to start revision given I've an exam on Monday and no idea what I'm doing, but just can't find the motivation. Every time I sit down to do it, I sort of drift off towards my little song-writing notebook (I'm no good at it, but it cheers me up). Could really do with some sleep right now as well, didn't nod off until about 5 or 6 this morning (Day started at 10 as well :colondollar:)

Laphroaig is good, need to get myself some more in room scotch, but can't bothered to go out. Got myself a bottle of Trappistes Rochefort instead.

:smile: I sometimes write really really naff poetry for catharsis. Ssh. Don't tell anyone! :colondollar:

Belgian beer ftw! (I had to look it up though)

Good luck for your exam on Monday. Hope it goes ok. I know what you mean about motivation :s-smilie: can you do the extenuating circumstances thang?
Original post by avhhs
Yeah I managed to understand it :tongue:.

Sounds like a nice place. Would you rather choose a university in a big city though?

I live in London, not far from Heathrow Airport :tongue:. But I really would have loved to meet you :smile: :hugs:

Yes I do slightly regret coming here and not going to a bigger city, looked round Cardiff and Sheffield and I loved them both so much. They are nice big cities but they are really quite nice as well! Got accepted at both of them as well! I can safely say that from a relationship point of view I would say you are better off waiting until you go to uni to get with someone. Purely because I based my uni choice around staying with my bf and he loves it here and I hate it here. So at least you can be more fully independent with your decisions if you're single!

But ah cool, don't know london well at all but been to Heathrow airport before :tongue: would definitely be ace, I will try and get my work done in time to come to a meet!
Original post by SeaJay
Sorry you're having a rubbish time - I hope you feel better soon. If it goes on for a while, do talk to someone about it.

Yeah, I hope you're right.

Uberpoints for going to your group the other day - glad that it was better than you thought it would be. :smile:

Yeah, that's what I felt when I was 17 too. It will get better. If you find you are too shy to approach girls when you eventually get some freedom from your parents, try internet dating sites - worked for me!

:smile: I sometimes write really really naff poetry for catharsis. Ssh. Don't tell anyone! :colondollar:

Belgian beer ftw! (I had to look it up though)

Good luck for your exam on Monday. Hope it goes ok. I know what you mean about motivation :s-smilie: can you do the extenuating circumstances thang?

I won't. I think my songs are probably worse.

Yep. Lovely stuff - At 11.3% though, can't drink too much of it.

Thanks. I don't think so, don't really know how extenuating circumstances works.
After putting it off for so long, there's also the finding time - one friend is acting in a musical this weekend, and another's got a gig tomorrow evening - I may have promised to go along to both, so there's a couple of hours gone from my revision time straight off.
Reply 5748
Original post by SeaJay

:hugs: I'm really shy!

How I became friends with my best friend: It was her second lesson at this school, and it happened outside before the lesson. She was all alone, and I was too, and it really hurt me. As I am really shy, I decided to stand near her, as I thought the might accuse me of something. She eventually talked to me, and turned out to the kindest girl I have ever met :love:. An extremely unconventional way of making friends :tongue:.

Internet dating sites?! :gasp: Wow
Reply 5749
Yes I do slightly regret coming here and not going to a bigger city, looked round Cardiff and Sheffield and I loved them both so much. They are nice big cities but they are really quite nice as well! Got accepted at both of them as well! I can safely say that from a relationship point of view I would say you are better off waiting until you go to uni to get with someone. Purely because I based my uni choice around staying with my bf and he loves it here and I hate it here. So at least you can be more fully independent with your decisions if you're single!

But ah cool, don't know london well at all but been to Heathrow airport before :tongue: would definitely be ace, I will try and get my work done in time to come to a meet!

They sound like great places. And yeah, university means that I will have a higher chance of getting a girlfriend, especially as I will be living in halls with girls that are hopefully single :tongue: and take an interest in me. I can see why you said that though, as it will probably cause problems with relationships.

That would be excellent if you could come :smile: :hugs:
Reply 5750
Original post by Alofleicester
I won't. I think my songs are probably worse.

*Yeah yeah - read the spoiler and you'll see that I've totally won this.

Spoiler

Yep. Lovely stuff - At 11.3% though, can't drink too much of it.

Thanks. I don't think so, don't really know how extenuating circumstances works.
After putting it off for so long, there's also the finding time - one friend is acting in a musical this weekend, and another's got a gig tomorrow evening - I may have promised to go along to both, so there's a couple of hours gone from my revision time straight off.

You could email your tutor and say you are going through a tough one at the moment. See what they suggest. Ah well, hope it goes ok anyway. Wish I had a gig and a musical to go to this weekend - who's Mr. popular then? :wink: hehehe

Original post by avhhs
:hugs: I'm really shy!

How I became friends with my best friend: It was her second lesson at this school, and it happened outside before the lesson. She was all alone, and I was too, and it really hurt me. As I am really shy, I decided to stand near her, as I thought the might accuse me of something. She eventually talked to me, and turned out to the kindest girl I have ever met :love:. An extremely unconventional way of making friends :tongue:.

Internet dating sites?! :gasp: Wow

That's a nice story about your friend :smile:

And why 'Wow' about the internet dating sites?? They're not that bad... mostly...
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 5751
Original post by SeaJay

And why 'Wow' about the internet dating sites?? They're not that bad... mostly...

I dunno why I put that (I will admit i'm quite inmature :colondollar:).
Original post by avhhs
They sound like great places. And yeah, university means that I will have a higher chance of getting a girlfriend, especially as I will be living in halls with girls that are hopefully single :tongue: and take an interest in me. I can see why you said that though, as it will probably cause problems with relationships.

That would be excellent if you could come :smile: :hugs:

Yer they are good :smile: Southampton is quite nice too, and looked round Kings college London but couldn't afford to live there. but yer while you're at university is probably the best time to meet someone, but make sure it doesn't interfere with uni. Me and my bf broke up last year and it really messed everything up. Became so ill and stopped going out so totally messed my grades up :frown:

I will try my hardest :tongue: don't think I have spent time actually trying to meet and make friends with new people since I started uni, not very good at it :colondollar:

But yer in response to something someone else wrote, I would say internet dating sites can be good. You obviously have to be careful on the internet, but I do think it can be a good place to meet people and get to know them.
Reply 5753
Original post by avhhs

I dunno why I put that (I will admit i'm quite inmature :colondollar:).

Hahaha - They don't have the negative image that they used to. Soo many people use them. :smile:

Yer they are good :smile: Southampton is quite nice too, and looked round Kings college London but couldn't afford to live there. but yer while you're at university is probably the best time to meet someone, but make sure it doesn't interfere with uni. Me and my bf broke up last year and it really messed everything up. Became so ill and stopped going out so totally messed my grades up :frown:

I will try my hardest :tongue: don't think I have spent time actually trying to meet and make friends with new people since I started uni, not very good at it :colondollar:

But yer in response to something someone else wrote, I would say internet dating sites can be good. You obviously have to be careful on the internet, but I do think it can be a good place to meet people and get to know them.

What Phoenix said. avhs - You are, like, totally outnumbered dude. (Ok, so now who's immature :tongue:)
Original post by SeaJay

*Yeah yeah - read the spoiler and you'll see that I've totally won this.

I was 16. Don't look at me like that.

For you: to take the path of most resistance,
Climb the rocky ways of solitude,
Seek what was before intended;
End sorrow's interlude.

Pick up the broken things of your existence,
Take them long away from here, to then;
Hold them scarred, yet strong and mended
For your own self again.

So glad of anonymity right now

You could email your tutor and say you are going through a tough one at the moment. See what they suggest. Ah well, hope it goes ok anyway. Wish I had a gig and a musical to go to this weekend - who's Mr. popular then? :wink: hehehe

Don't know much about poetry myself, but once I've actually finished a song (just got a note-book of half-finished ones needing a few more lines), I'd probably be able to put up some rubbish.

Thing is, I wouldn't say I'm going through a tough one at the moment, bar my near complete inability to sleep this week, I wouldn't say anything's been all that wrong, certainly not enough to cause problems exam wise.
Original post by SeaJay
What Phoenix said. avhs - You are, like, totally outnumbered dude. (Ok, so now who's immature :tongue:)

:five:
Reply 5756

Aww :console: Hopefully everything is fine now? :smile:

I'm crap at making friends too, hence why I got bullied :wink:

The only thing I'm worried about is having to pay :tongue:. Oh, and I don't have a job :frown:. But it sounds good :smile:
Reply 5757
Original post by SeaJay
Hahaha - They don't have the negative image that they used to. Soo many people use them. :smile:

OK you win :biggrin: :kiss: (both of you) :tongue:
Original post by avhhs
Aww :console: Hopefully everything is fine now? :smile:

I'm crap at making friends too, hence why I got bullied :wink:

The only thing I'm worried about is having to pay :tongue:. Oh, and I don't have a job :frown:. But it sounds good :smile:

Yer its all good now thanks :smile: still trying to drag my grades up though really need to do well!

But yer meeting people and making friends is way more difficult then people make out it is, pfft!

Yer I had a couple of jobs before uni but didn't really have any savings at all, if you budget and are good with your money you'll get through! I am rubbish and constantly over spend (mostly on food :frown: )! Probably going to need a job before I go on to my postgrad stuff though because far too poor to pay to live anywhere currently! Shouldn't you sleep soon (if not already) because you have the wedding tomorrow?
Last night was so strange, I just felt so restless and I was tossing and turning in bed for ages because I felt so sad - ridiculous I know! I also keep going to bed really early because I get so bored of doing nothing and can't bear to be awake. Also when I was walking to uni alone today someone shouted at me from a car window and it made me cry :frown:

Latest