The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9260
Original post by nightmare91
Warwick :smile:

Nice, same here.
Original post by wachno
Nice, same here.

Nice! Did you go to one of their Open Days?
Original post by emily_becca
rejection from UCL, didnt even want it (well maybe i did but not desperately trying to tell myself bath will be better)

woo bath!

:frown:

You'll enjoy yourself more at Bath...for cheaper as well. Dont be too upset :smile:
Reply 9263
Hey guys,
Havent actually posted on this thread before.
Just wanting to say to all those who haven't heard yet, dont be disheartened :smile: I got into LSE and UCL with the minimum requirements of A*AA, and ok GCSEs.
Best of luck!

Also, I would really like some advice on what uni to firm and what to insure? I have offers from LSE, UCL, Birmingham and Manchester (I applied for pure economics to all universities). I really liked UCL and never even considered LSE as I was so sure I would get rejected (hearing how they are GCSEs Nazis etc.).

Thanks in advance :biggrin:
Reply 9264
Original post by Loserrr
Hey guys,
Just wanting to say to all those who haven't heard yet, dont be disheartened :smile: I got into LSE and UCL with the minimum requirements of A*AA, and ok GCSEs.
Best of luck!

Also, I would really like some advice on what uni to firm and what to insure? I have offers from LSE, UCL, Birmingham and Manchester (I applied for pure economics to all universities). I really liked UCL and never even considered LSE as I was so sure I would get rejected (hearing how they are GCSEs Nazis etc.).

you must get an oustanding PS which I believe they put more focus on than GCSE and A-level:smile:. which one to firm and insure depends on which suits you more (location,course structure and the environment,..) hope u make a right choice
I am still waiting for LSE on the same course. Many people already got their offer for l101 and the last week is often a massive rejection week as in 2011, I am now dying for worries. If you don't like LSE, can we swap our offer then?:colone: jk
Reply 9265
how good is Manchester and Southampton for economics?
Reply 9266
Original post by kim192
you must get an oustanding PS which I believe they put more focus on than GCSE and A-level:smile:. which one to firm and insure depends on which suits you more (location,course structure and the environment,..) hope u make a right choice
I am still waiting for LSE on the same course. Many people already got their offer for l101 and the last week is often a massive rejection week as in 2011, I am now dying for worries. If you don't like LSE, can we swap our offer then?:colone: jk

Haha, where did you apply? Good luck for LSE, hopefully you do get in but even if you dont, there are other amazing universities for econ :smile:
Original post by Loserrr
Hey guys,
Best of luck!

LSE have a stronger department but if you liked UCL then its up to you... But you might aswell go to the LSE visit day and decide what to firm!
[QUOTE="Loserrr;36862354"]Hey guys,
Best of luck!

Thanks in advance :biggrin:[/QUOTE

Go to LSE. I already put up with you for two years...I don't think I can manage another two :P :wink:
Reply 9269
Original post by Purehakkai

Go to LSE. I already put up with you for two years...I don't think I can manage another two :P :wink:

Damn it! I really need to move to another account. Should have never told you my account name :frown:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9270
Original post by Loserrr
Haha, where did you apply? Good luck for LSE, hopefully you do get in but even if you dont, there are other amazing universities for econ :smile:

I got offers from ucl,birmingham and manchester but still hope for lse. and thanks,I hope so as well. I know UCL is also good for Eco
(edited 12 years ago)
[QUOTE="Loserrr;36863296"]
Original post by Purehakkai

Damn it! I really need to move to another account. Should have never told you my account name :frown:

You told me because you LOVE ME :biggrin:
Original post by Loserrr
Hey guys,
Best of luck!

Congrats! All of them are amazing unis and you should be proud to have offers from them. :smile: May I ask what A Levels you took as you said you got in only having A*AA? Just wondering :smile:

And regarding your other question: Did you visit both? Reputation wise LSE is a bit better but that shouldn't influence your decision. There is not much of a difference between the Top 5 universities in economics. So if I were you I would choose the university where I think I will fit in better. LSE is famous for having loads of students that opt for a career in investment banking and hence they are very very career driven. Of course you'll find the same at UCL but it seems to be that at LSE it is much extremer. So you shouldn't make a decision before you have visited both and checked out the atmosphere :smile:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by kim192
13/10, I hope so as well. I know UCL is also good for Eco but not in comparison to LSE:biggrin:

How is UCL not good for Economics "in comparison to LSE"?

...the ****?
Reply 9274
as you may find info on their website, lse has more courses related to economics and therefore it's more flexible if you change your mind, also I think lse is more mathsy and maths is an integral part of eco I may say
Original post by kim192
as you may find info on their website, lse has more courses related to economics and therefore it's more flexible if you change your mind, also I think lse is more mathsy and maths is an integral part of eco I may say

You know LSE's economics course is said to be even more mathsy than Cambridge's but I'd never say that LSE is better than Cambridge :confused:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9276
Original post by kim192
I got offers from ucl,birmingham and manchester but still hope for lse. and thanks,I hope so as well. I know UCL is also good for Eco

Good luck :smile: The wait wont be long!

[QUOTE="Purehakkai;36863416"]
Original post by Loserrr

You told me because you LOVE ME :biggrin:

No, it was a moment of weakness which I regret everytime I contemplate posting on tsr :P.

Original post by nightmare91
Congrats! All of them are amazing unis and you should be proud to have offers from them. :smile: May I ask what A Levels you took as you said you got in only having A*AA? Just wondering :smile:

And regarding your other question: Did you visit both? Reputation wise LSE is a bit better but that shouldn't influence your decision. There is not much of a difference between the Top 5 universities in economics. So if I were you I would choose the university where I think I will fit in better. LSE is famous for having loads of students that opt for a career in investment banking and hence they are very very career driven. Of course you'll find the same at UCL but it seems to be that at LSE it is much extremer. So you shouldn't make a decision before you have visited both and checked out the atmosphere :smile:

I was predicted A*AAB in maths, economics, biology and further maths respectively (even though I achieved an A at AS level for further maths).
I didnt get asked for UMS from UCL, but I did for LSE but my UMS for Maths was not really good either - got couple of B's and even a C in my D1 (but it was that OCR paper that had an "incorrect" question which no one could answer).

Good luck!

I plan to go to the LSE open day and then choose, thanks for the help :smile:
Original post by kim192

More courses related to economics? In what way? UCL Economics is designed to teach Economics. You do know that, right? In what way does it have more courses related to Economics?

From what I've read/come across (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), the UCL L100/1 course(s) are very Mathematical, perhaps not as much as LSE, mind. Doesnt necessarily make it as superior to UCL as you are making out it does.
Reply 9278
Original post by kim192

Yeah you're right, UCL's economics course has hardly any maths in it... :lolwut:
Reply 9279
Original post by -Illmatic-
More courses related to economics? In what way? UCL Economics is designed to teach Economics. You do know that, right? In what way does it have more courses related to Economics?

From what I've read/come across (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), the UCL L100/1 course(s) are very Mathematical, perhaps not as much as LSE, mind. Doesnt necessarily make it as superior to UCL as you are making out it does.

THis. UCL can never be described as not good not matter what you're comparing it to.

Latest

Trending

Trending