The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

[QUOTE="Loserrr;36867336"]Good luck :smile: The wait wont be long!

Original post by Purehakkai

No, it was a moment of weakness which I regret everytime I contemplate posting on tsr :P.

I was predicted A*AAB in maths, economics, biology and further maths respectively (even though I achieved an A at AS level for further maths).
I didnt get asked for UMS from UCL, but I did for LSE but my UMS for Maths was not really good either - got couple of B's and even a C in my D1 (but it was that OCR paper that had an "incorrect" question which no one could answer).

Good luck!

I plan to go to the LSE open day and then choose, thanks for the help :smile:

This really is impressive. Finally someone who doesn't have 4-5 A*s and >95 UMS average. Your PS and your reference must have been amazing :smile:

I am sure you'll make the right choice. Just take the one that YOU really want to go to. Don't let others influence your decision.
three current female posters on this thread all go to the same school, haha
Original post by tooambitious
three current female posters on this thread all go to the same school, haha

It's a conspiracy! :holmes:

What are you doing here? :tongue: how long have you been lurking the thread!!!? :h: aww there's keen, and then there's you :hugs:
Original post by Brand New Eyes
It's a conspiracy! :holmes:

What are you doing here? :tongue: how long have you been lurking the thread!!!? :h: aww there's keen, and then there's you :hugs:

and bored, doing M1 past papers and want to scratch my eyes out ;P
Reply 9284
Original post by nightmare91

This really is impressive. Finally someone who doesn't have 4-5 A*s and >95 UMS average. Your PS and your reference must have been amazing :smile:

I am sure you'll make the right choice. Just take the one that YOU really want to go to. Don't let others influence your decision.

Thanks. I was really surprised when I got in! Where else did you apply?
Anyone firming Warwick?
Original post by tooambitious
and bored, doing M1 past papers and want to scratch my eyes out ;P

:rofl2: M1

S3 :cry2:

A particle is released at a aihfpawigw bla di bla. M3 :colone:

hahha
Reply 9288

You're doing S3? :smile: How are you finding it?
Original post by Loserrr
Thanks. I was really surprised when I got in! Where else did you apply?

I applied to Oxford (rejection after interview), Warwick (offer), Durham (rejection) and St. Andrews (offer). I really like Warwick but I'd prefer to live in London. I have lived close to a big city all my life that's why it would be a huge change to live in a small town like Coventry :redface:
Original post by bonana567
Anyone firming Warwick?

Probably me. Still waiting on LSE to make my final decision :smile:
Probably me. Still waiting on LSE to make my final decision :smile:

Only 7 more days now! :woo: We have come so far. Ah I didn't know you applied to Durham!

Also, I dont have 4-5A*s and >95 UMS average.

Only a few people on this thread fall into that set!
Original post by Dat Guy
You're doing S3? :smile: How are you finding it?

Awful Ah it's ok I just keep making all these silly errors and there is too much to remember. You?
I should stop double (triple) posting but

Oh oh oh! 683 more posts until we need a new thread :colone:
Reply 9294
I should stop double (triple) posting but

Oh oh oh! 683 more posts until we need a new thread :colone:

I was hardly responsible for any of the posts in this thread :erm:
Original post by Tateco
I was hardly responsible for any of the posts in this thread :erm:

:wink: none at all ahem http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=1576194

I must say I am quite surprised. So many members have disappeared it seems :tongue:
An interesting article on free trade here. An area of particular interest to me as well, what do you guys think about free trade/neo-liberalism in general? As an ideology its almost universally accepted to be the very best way of going about economic activity and it seems to be the prevailing trend today but, having read some articles/books etc etc (Ha Joon Chang comes to mind), the detriments are becoming increasingly evident (to me, atleast) Economic theory suggest that government intervention (an exogenous force) distorts the way the market mechanism allocates resources and thus is looked upon negatively.

However, it only requires one to consider the people who are at a disadvantage to really lay bare the detriments of the policies that are pursued by certain governments. For instance, the global financial crises has led critics to denounce market fundamentalism/neoliberalism.

Just tryna get the thread slightly back on topic...and I’m bored as well...a little
Reply 9297
Awful Ah it's ok I just keep making all these silly errors and there is too much to remember. You?

I have to teach myself, it's ok so far, but I'm only half way chapter 3. How come you are doing so many A2 Further Maths modules and yet you're opting for econ-related courses that do not involve as much maths as possible (ie those involving politics stuff as well)?
:wink: none at all ahem http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/misc.php?do=whoposted&t=1576194

I must say I am quite surprised. So many members have disappeared it seems :tongue:

Groat disappeared after his Cambridge offer. Where is he? :biggrin:
Groat disappeared after his Cambridge offer. Where is he? :biggrin:

I'm not surprised. So did the rest of them tbh! I think everyone who is still here is here because they haven't heard back from everywhere/are undecided.

Original post by -Illmatic-
x

It's from 1993! :fuhrer:

I'm too tired to read it all now but hmm the economics side of me wants to say, yes! liberalize the markets, abolish all trade restrictions, stop all your unfair subsidies of domestic industries so we can actually see which economies have comparative advantages. But I doubt this would happen in real life as politicians are too concerned with re-election and domestic priorities, which leads to a compromise of the two :sadnod:. Overall, I'd say I do support complete free trade, in that we can all get stuff cheaper from China the place that produces it best, satisfy our infinite wants etc. Oh if only

Original post by Dat Guy
I have to teach myself, it's ok so far, but I'm only half way chapter 3. How come you are doing so many A2 Further Maths modules and yet you're opting for econ-related courses that do not involve as much maths as possible (ie those involving politics stuff as well)?

S3 is the only one I'm doing. seeing as FP1 and D1 are AS technically. Ah, don't they teach S3 at that private school of yours! Bloody cheek. Our lessons are rather haphazard because it's not a real lesson but ah so you haven't met Pearson and his chi-squared test :h: central limit theory! hmmm C4 and S3 are at the same time though, stupid bloody Edexcel.

As for your question erm... I like politics? :smile: I don't think I could handle straight Economics, it seems like you rejoice at the thought of Econometrics? :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending