The Student Room Group

Tell us your timetable!

I'm not at uni yet so I thought it would be a good idea to see what an average timetable would be like. Could you post your course and uni also please?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Add!ction
I'm not at uni yet so I thought it would be a good idea to see what an average timetable would be like. Could you post your course and uni also please?

the average timetable depends on the subject- for sciences you have more hours than arts/humanities.
Reply 2
Timetable.png
This is my timetable for one week this semester, however due to the nature of my subject (Forensic Science) - My timetable changes weekly which can be annoying!

This is at Lincoln University btw - hope this helps! =)
Reply 3
I do English Lit, Creative Writing and Philosophy at Herts Uni.

Monday - 3-5pm
Tuesday - 9am and 11am
Wednesday - 9am
Thursday- 9am, 11am, 12pm.
Friday - 9am.

So only 9 contact hours.
Reply 4
Mine fluctuates a lot, but example week...

I have 1 hour tutorial, 2 hours of lectures and a 4 hour lab on a Monday
2 hours of lectures and a 4 hour lab Tuesday
5 hours of lectures on a Wednesday
1 hour lecture and a 1 hour tutorial on a Thursday
3 hours of lectures on a Friday

Some days they're spread between 9am and 6pm and other days I'll just be in for a morning. I'm studying medicinal chemistry at Newcastle so have more contact time than nearly all other students. I do know history/politics have 6 hours contact and architecture just 3 a week.
Most students here outside of the sciences have more than just their weekend off- meaning it's damn near impossible as a science student to find part time work as you're nearly always only available Wednesday afternoon and weekends.
Next year my lab time and lecture time will increase and labs in third year when your on your project are from what I've heard 9-5 days pretty much.
My course has been a bit pants this year as they keep timetabling 9-5 without a single break, hopefully after the amount of complaints they'll stop it!
I do Psychology and this was my first year timetable (I've finished for the year now, just need to hand in two pieces of coursework in April and I'm done til year 2).

Monday: 9am-3pm
Tuesday and Wednesday off
Thursday: 11am-6pm
Friday: 10am-1pm

I only had 10 hours contact time a week so I had gaps in between some of my lectures and seminars, but I had a pretty light timetable this year. I doubt I will be so fortunate come September :tongue:
Reply 6
"Days where they don't have much work to do" What? Which Uni and where do I sign up? Cause 2 lab reports, 5 problem sheets, idiotic amounts of reading of stuff "we don't have time to teach you", a computer based assignment and a maths assignment a week just do themselves!
Reply 7
timetable.png

In Uni quite alot

Electrical & Electronic Engineering - UoM
(edited 12 years ago)
I do like nothing for psychology
this term i have
monday 10-11 and 2-3
tuesday 9-10 and 4-6
nothing wednesday
workshop 11-1
nothing friday

ahhh yeahhh
UoR
Ive had one essay this term and 3 lab reports

but next year i have 22 exams..
(edited 12 years ago)
Timetable.jpg

This plus 4 supervisions is a fairly standard week for the first two terms. It drops off a lot towards the end of Lent and into Easter though. I'm a medic at Cambridge.
Reply 10
I'm in my first year doing Maths:

Monday: 10-11, 5-6
Tuesday: (9-10 every other week), 10-12, 3-6
Wednesday: 10-1
Thursday: 11-1, 4-6
Friday: 12-1, 2-3 (5-6 every other week)

All of this includes 12 hours of lectures, 2 hours of seminars and 3 hours of tutorials.
Original post by jelly1000
the average timetable depends on the subject- for sciences you have more hours than arts/humanities.

Generally, this is the case, but I do Modern Languages and have more hours than friends who do Physics, Psychology, Chem Eng and Maths....
Reply 12
Screen Shot 2012-03-25 at 16.32.48.png

This is for medicine at Barts.
Doesn't actually look like all that much on the timetable, but with all the work we have to do at home it ends up being a pretty busy week.
Also, this timetable does vary a lot from week to week. Sometimes we can be in til 6pm on a monday :sad:
Reply 13
Monday - 1-4, 4-5.
Tuesday - 2-5, 5.30-7
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - 9-1
Friday - Off
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Generally, this is the case, but I do Modern Languages and have more hours than friends who do Physics, Psychology, Chem Eng and Maths....

Thats interesting, because my friend who does modern languages doesn't have any more contact hours than me and I'm an arts student
Original post by jelly1000
Thats interesting, because my friend who does modern languages doesn't have any more contact hours than me and I'm an arts student

Different course, different uni. Really depends on module choices too
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 16
I do Maths at UEA. This term:

Monday 12-1, 1.30-4
Wednesday 1-2
Thursday 9-10

Plus 4 hours on Tuesdays across the term, a presentation and a course test in the final week.

I will point out though that this is not representative for my course at my uni. I am in last year, last term, and this is the first time I have had one day with nothing timetabled a week, let alone two. It's because I took first-term heavy options this year and I also have a module which is pretty much entirely self-study (supposed to build those skills which maths students miss out on).

In first year I had up to 20 hours a week and in second it was around 15.

xxx
(edited 12 years ago)
I'm coming to the end of my first year doing International Relations at UEA, as per my signature. I had 8/9 hours contact time last semester and up to 11 1/2 this semester (although 3 hours are optional)

Semester 1
Mon- 12-1, 2-3, 5-6/7 (depending on the week)
Tues- Free
Wed- 12-1/ 1-2 (depending on the week)
Thurs- 10-11, 11-12, 1-2.
Fri- 2-3

Semester 2
Mon- 11-12, 1-3.
Tues- 12-1 and 1-3 both optional
Wed- Free
Thurs- 12-1, 4-5
Fri- 12-1, 1-2, 3:30-5.
Original post by tikkitak
Screen Shot 2012-03-25 at 16.32.48.png

This is for medicine at Barts.
Doesn't actually look like all that much on the timetable, but with all the work we have to do at home it ends up being a pretty busy week.
Also, this timetable does vary a lot from week to week. Sometimes we can be in til 6pm on a monday :sad:

My uni (UEA) has 7pm finishes
Original post by thesilvermagnolia
Different course, different uni. Really depends on module choices too

True

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending