The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 660
Portico went from "currently being processed by admissions" to "unconditional offer" only a day after!

MSc in Environment, Science and Society at Geography department!

Very happy!
Reply 661
Original post by Durham_
Portico went from "currently being processed by admissions" to "unconditional offer" only a day after!

MSc in Environment, Science and Society at Geography department!

Very happy!
Congrats!

Same here with the MSc Real Estate and Planning :smile:
Reply 662
Original post by jansenkoh
Hey there congrats! Just wondering, did you get notified through email or portico?

Got an email saying status of my application had changed - had to log on to Portico to see what the decision was though - quite nerve-wracking!
Reply 663
Original post by andydb
Got an email saying status of my application had changed - had to log on to Portico to see what the decision was though - quite nerve-wracking!

wow..i can just imagine how nerve wracking it is!
Reply 664
Hi!

I received an email from UCL today asking me to attend an interview for the MA in Publishing in mid April.

I was quite surprised because I am not a UK-based student (I am from France) and didn't think they would ask me to actually go there.

Aren't they supposed to do the interview through the phone in my case?

I think I'll just go anyway because I really want to get an offer but the interview is during the first week of my final exams, which means even more stress.

What should I do? Ask them if we can do the interview through the phone or go to London for one intense day to attend the interview?
Reply 665
Original post by melissa38
Hi!

I received an email from UCL today asking me to attend an interview for the MA in Publishing in mid April.

I was quite surprised because I am not a UK-based student (I am from France) and didn't think they would ask me to actually go there.

Aren't they supposed to do the interview through the phone in my case?

I think I'll just go anyway because I really want to get an offer but the interview is during the first week of my final exams, which means even more stress.

What should I do? Ask them if we can do the interview through the phone or go to London for one intense day to attend the interview?

I'm from overseas and was able to do a paper interview. I thought that it was strange because City University gave me a Skype interview, which was nice and forward thinking. Don't sweat the interview though! The questions are straightfoward. They don't try to trick you or anything.
Reply 666
Original post by npub123
I'm from overseas and was able to do a paper interview. I thought that it was strange because City University gave me a Skype interview, which was nice and forward thinking. Don't sweat the interview though! The questions are straightfoward. They don't try to trick you or anything.

Thanks for your answer! I'm actually more stressed about my travelling to London in three weeks than by the interview itself. Though I'm actually kind of wondering what sort of questions they ask. I'm guessing they asked you about your career goals and things like that?
Reply 667
Finally!! An offer from UCL :biggrin:
When i saw the email saying my application status had changed, i was really nervous, could hardly type my password into portico! but at least it was good new- i couldnt take any more bad news this week.
Reply 668
Haha, congratulations!
What program do you have offer for?
Original post by vinc10
My friend just got an offer last week. I think she waited for 3-4 weeks after her application was fully submitted.

Tell me about your friend as I have an offer for this MSc financial mathematics

and it's only 15 spaces for this programme, PM me if she wants to get in contact.
Original post by zziippoo
anyone got an offer for Mathematical Modelling or for Financial Mathematics?

Hiya , i got offers for MSc Financial Mathematics at UCL and KCL
Reply 671
Hi everyone.

I graduated in the summer of 2011 and have recently applied for the MSc Management course and was wondering whether everyone who applies receives an interview. Also, do UCL stop giving offers at a certain date because I feel as though I have submitted my application rather late.

Any replies would be appreciated. :smile:
Reply 672
Original post by Spairos
Haha, congratulations!
What program do you have offer for?

Its for the LLM. UCL was my first choice, so I'm sooo happy!:banana:
Reply 673
Original post by crazy00
Hey which programme did u apply for? :smile:

Just got an offer from WS :smile:
Got an email earlier this week from the course coordinator saying she recommended me for admission and that the College Admissions Office would make the official offer for MA in Principles of Conservation through the Institute of Archaeology!

Anybody know how long it typically takes for this official offer to be sent/it to change on Portico? Still hesitant to call it an acceptance when it's not totally, totally official yet haha.
Reply 675
Original post by chan_chowder
Got an email earlier this week from the course coordinator saying she recommended me for admission and that the College Admissions Office would make the official offer for MA in Principles of Conservation through the Institute of Archaeology!

Anybody know how long it typically takes for this official offer to be sent/it to change on Portico? Still hesitant to call it an acceptance when it's not totally, totally official yet haha.

Congratulations for your offer!

In my case it took them 5 days,
however you should be ready to wait for for more
Mine has been "application complete" for the last month. I'm giving it until 6 weeks, then I'm going to email them and ask when they're likely to be able to make a decision. I'm not good at being patient right now.
Original post by Renegade Dagger
Mine has been "application complete" for the last month. I'm giving it until 6 weeks, then I'm going to email them and ask when they're likely to be able to make a decision. I'm not good at being patient right now.

Yeah mine's been "application complete" for over two months now. I feel like it's time we start emailing. Most other schools have already made decisions and it sucks just waiting around for one.
Original post by ellemay816
Yeah mine's been "application complete" for over two months now. I feel like it's time we start emailing. Most other schools have already made decisions and it sucks just waiting around for one.

Mine is "application complete" since November 21.
Original post by janjanmmm
Mine is "application complete" since November 21.

Oh man! I can't even imagine waiting that long. But at least we all know that we're not suffering alone!

Janjanmmm have you emailed yet?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending