The Student Room Group

Another child sex gang busted...

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Chloe xxx
Noticing a quick glance off a man is an ego boost for women (no matter who does it), but prolonged staring and gawping with a perverted grin or similar is horrible and yes, makes your skin crawl.

They both are thinking perverted thoughts. The only difference is that one of them is showing it and the other isn't. Does that make it right? Of course not. The reason why Muslim women dress modestly is to ensure that this doesn't happen. You don't know what a Muslim women looks like so any judgment you make about her will be based upon her character rather than how she looks.
Reply 81
Original post by Dreamweaver
They both are thinking perverted thoughts. The only difference is that one of them is showing it and the other isn't. Does that make it right? Of course not. The reason why Muslim women dress modestly is to ensure that this doesn't happen. You don't know what a Muslim women looks like so any judgment you make about her will be based upon her character rather than how she looks.

The only difference is one is making the girl feel horrible inside and worried for her safety - the other is often not noticed and if it is, sometimes flatters the girl. In our culture, if you get caught looking at a girl you are embarrassed and make sure you don't do it again. In theirs, it seems fair game to leer and molest her with your eyes.

Rather than subject their women to constant censorship of their body, basically telling them every day that they are a sex object not to be seen, they sort out their men from being perverted dogs?

I honestly don't know why I'm still entertaining your moronic defence of Islam. The name in arabic literally means "submission". The things done over thousands of years in the name of this religion are on par with the holocaust.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 82

No, most muslim women show their face so yes you can tell what they look like. You can tell if they are overweight or slim, and their facial features for example. Its impossible to judge anyones character whose face is completely covered. It would be like communicating with a brick wall.

Also, I've noticed some attractive muslim women wearing nice colourful muslim clothes, with nice long hair and a pretty face. I notice them, because they look pretty. Whats wrong with that? Do you object to that? Does it make them lesser muslim women? You can clearly still see and 'judge' them on their looks. Its a proven fact prettier people are treated better in society (not that thats a good thing, but its true). Should these pretty women instead cover their faces and hair just so no one notices their attractiveness?

And no, they are two different things, noticing, glancing is natural when something is attractive, gawping, grinning and staring is animal like and disrespectful.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JackG1
The only difference is one is making the girl feel horrible inside and worried for her safety - the other is often not noticed and if it is, sometimes flatters the girl. In our culture, if you get caught looking at a girl you are embarrassed and make sure you don't do it again. In theirs, it seems fair game to leer and molest her with your eyes.

Rather than subject their women to constant censorship of their body, basically telling them every day that they are a sex object not to be seen, they sort out their men from being perverted dogs?

I honestly don't know why I'm still entertaining your moronic defence of Islam. The name in arabic literally means "submission". The things done over thousands of years in the name of this religion are on par with the holocaust.

I'm not defending either groups of people. My point was that both sets of men were entertaining perverted thoughts.

No. The 'Muslim' men that do these sort of perverted things are in the minority. The vast majority of practicing Muslims will lower their gaze when they pass an attractive women in the street as a sign of respect and dignity.

Islam is submission. Submission to God. Women cover up because God commanded them to do so. In the same way, men grow beards because God commanded them to do so. We accept that, because He who created humanity knows the nature of His creation best. Who are we to decide the rules? Was it you who brought about your own existence?

Original post by Chloe xxx
No, most muslim women show their face so yes you can tell what they look like. You can tell if they are overweight or slim, and their facial features for example. Its impossible to judge anyones character whose face is completely covered. It would be like communicating with a brick wall.

Also, I've noticed some attractive muslim women wearing nice colourful muslim clothes, with nice long hair and a pretty face. I notice them, because they look pretty. Whats wrong with that? Do you object to that? Does it make them lesser muslim women? You can clearly still see and 'judge' them on their looks. Its a proven fact prettier people are treated better in society (not that thats a good thing, but its true). Should these pretty women instead cover their faces and hair just so no one notices their attractiveness?

And no, they are two different things, noticing, glancing is natural when something is attractive, gawping, grinning and staring is animal like and disrespectful.

Women don't have to cover their faces or wear plain clothes. Where have i said this? I said that Muslim women dress with modesty. There's a difference between flaunting all of your features and dressing well.
Reply 84

Women don't have to cover their faces or wear plain clothes. Where have i said this? I said that Muslim women dress with modesty. There's a difference between flaunting all of your features and dressing well.

No, you said because of how they dress one cant tell what they look like. I told you, yes they can.
Reply 85
I'm not defending either groups of people. My point was that both sets of men were entertaining perverted thoughts.

No. The 'Muslim' men that do these sort of perverted things are in the minority. The vast majority of practicing Muslims will lower their gaze when they pass an attractive women in the street as a sign of respect and dignity.

Islam is submission. Submission to God. Women cover up because God commanded them to do so. In the same way, men grow beards because God commanded them to do so. We accept that, because He who created humanity knows the nature of His creation best. Who are we to decide the rules? Was it you who brought about your own existence?

I'll do what God says when he appears in a ball of light in front of me, gives irrefutable evidence of his existence and stops giving children cancer.
Reply 86
Original post by Pheylan
I'll save you some time: yes, they are Muslim

how do you know

islam is not a race

what race would someone named JAMAL be......

guess what my friend who happen to be black and christian is called Jamal

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending