The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9320
Original post by Yash13
Awesome xD Investment Banking Course :colone: haha

International economics looks pretty interesting too :tongue:

Original post by Tateco
Yeah the models are good. I would be interested to know about the Director of Studies approved units, what sort of things do you think people would do?

Good question! Must ask someone from Bath about that :tongue:
Original post by DylanLJG
Just firmed Bath and insured Nottingham. Declined Warwick and Bristol. Hoping this wasn't a bad idea. :rolleyes:

It's a good choice. Finally someone who doesn't decide solely based on the reputation. Bath is beautiful and a year in the industry during your studies doesn't look too bad on your CV either :cool:
Reply 9322
You mean Bath over Warwick? :smile:

Just the little things really, Bath seems like a nice, quiet place, but with Bristol still nearby, amazing gym and sports facilities, year in industry, better student satisfaction, cuter girls and overall just seemed right from the open day. For three years I want to be able to enjoy myself as well and I don't think it'll affect job prospects or salary much in the long run.

:biggrin:

Exactly the same as me. I live near Coventry and it really isn't a nice place when you compare it to other places. In my opinion the only aspect which is good about it is the reputation. I chose Bristol instead of Bath though, for generally the same reasons as you. Just out of interest why did you prefer Bath over Bristol?
Original post by jacky23
Exactly the same as me. I live near Coventry and it really isn't a nice place when you compare it to other places. In my opinion the only aspect which is good about it is the reputation. I chose Bristol instead of Bath though, for generally the same reasons as you. Just out of interest why did you prefer Bath over Bristol?

Not sure, never really considered Bristol. But I guess I prefer Bath because it's a smaller, quieter place. I guess I should have gone on more open days than discard Bristol and Notts so carelessly, but I'm too lazy and Bath seemed so perfect from the start.
Reply 9324
Not sure, never really considered Bristol. But I guess I prefer Bath because it's a smaller, quieter place. I guess I should have gone on more open days than discard Bristol and Notts so carelessly, but I'm too lazy and Bath seemed so perfect from the start.

Why did you not really consider Bristol? Not as good social life, reputation, location, etc, in your opinion?
Original post by jacky23
Why did you not really consider Bristol? Not as good social life, reputation, location, etc, in your opinion?

I guess, as I said I'm lazy. Bath's open day was first and after seeing it I thought to hell with the others I'm going Bath. :tongue:
Reply 9326
Is anybody still waiting to hear from Warwick?
Original post by Adamw92
Is anybody still waiting to hear from Warwick?

I am.
Offer from UCL L100 just now. Tateco, you should be getting one too!
Reply 9329
Original post by Melikeyflute
Offer from UCL L100 just now. Tateco, you should be getting one too!

With no open day attendance? When did it come through and what are your GCSEs? (Sorry for the bombardment of questions)

Congratulations by the way!
Also got an offer from UCL L100 without being invited to Open Day! I was pretty much decided on LSE but now I'm not too sure!?
Reply 9331
Original post by funkydee
Also got an offer from UCL L100 without being invited to Open Day! I was pretty much decided on LSE but now I'm not too sure!?

When did it come through? :frown:

ahh, same here. I really want to go to LSE but I think I will hate the atmosphere! I think I'm going to have to do a big cost benefit analysis.
Reply 9333
Original post by Tateco
When did it come through? :frown:

Make sure to check your junk mail if you use hotmail.
Reply 9334
I got an offer from ucl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d
Original post by Tateco

:woo: Congratulations!

Now the important question: Bath or UCL? :colone:
Reply 9336
Original post by jamiepango
:woo: Congratulations!

Now the important question: Bath or UCL? :colone:

Going to visit Bath on Wednesday so we'll see!
Reply 9337
Original post by Tateco

Congrats! After stalking this topic from early september, you don't know how happy I am for you. :smile:
Original post by Tateco

nice one, no gap year then? I just realised I didn't even bother checking the conditions.. brb
Reply 9339
Original post by aalex
Congrats! After stalking this topic from early september, you don't know how happy I am for you. :smile:

That means a lot, thank you :smile:

nice one, no gap year then? I just realised I didn't even bother checking the conditions.. brb

Not sure yet, still a few schemes in the pipeline but we'll see!