The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9360
Original post by economics111
rejected from warwick durham and oxford. Offers from bath and nottingham. Predicted A*A*A. You've gotta just love how competitive economics is!

Rejected from Warwick, Durham and Cambridge. Predicted A*A*A* and achieved A*. LOOL. Offers from Bath and Exeter! Welcome to the club? Still I like Bath :smile:
Reply 9361
Original post by Brand New Eyes
Just LSE. You're not from London are you?

Nope I'm a tad north of London. Where are you firming if LSE doesn't work out (which I'm sure it will!)?
Original post by Tateco
Nope I'm a tad north of London. Where are you firming if LSE doesn't work out (which I'm sure it will!)?

I don't really know! I'm so lost ah :tongue:

I actually hate love hate love despise but love LSE in a strange kindof way. So hmm I may also be re-applying/pipe dreaming gap year :five:
Reply 9363
I don't really know! I'm so lost ah :tongue:

I actually hate love hate love despise but love LSE in a strange kindof way. So hmm I may also be re-applying/pipe dreaming gap year :five:

Ah I felt like that too, you have no other offers you're even remotely interested in?
Original post by Tateco
Ah I felt like that too, you have no other offers you're even remotely interested in?

I would say remotely interested in but feel like I could do better/ is not worth 9 grand a year relatively? If that makes sense.
I would say remotely interested in but feel like I could do better/ is not worth 9 grand a year relatively? If that makes sense.

If you re-apply, don't go for Oxford again. They rejected us, don't come crawling back to them :colone:
Original post by Tateco

Well done on the offer mate- defo deserve it! UCLs sick- might apply their next yr (for applied maths) :h:

Spot on. Though apply to Oxford again anyway :colone:
Original post by Tomatochuckers
Well done on the offer mate- defo deserve it! UCLs sick- might apply their next yr (for applied maths) :h:

:redface: you're ditching economics for maths! ahw hell no! Why Tomato, WHY?

(although I was thinking of doing the same aswell... um)

Original post by nightmare91
If you re-apply, don't go for Oxford again. They rejected us, don't come crawling back to them :colone:

:wink: hush Sven. My UMS isn't good enough for Cambridge though :sadnod:

Spot on. Though apply to Oxford again anyway :colone:

Are you definitely re-applying? Yay! hah I might if I do go down that road although it'd mostly be to apply to all those liberal arts colleges in america :love: and some european ones.

France French France Francais! :drool: hmmm
Reply 9369

Yeah I know what you mean :smile:

Thanks :smile: have fun at kpmg, what do you think you'll be applying for exactly?
DO most people on this thread want to get into IB out of interest?

And well done Tat!
Original post by Hackett

And well done Tat!

Only on the Economics thread.

Less than you'd think. I probably do actually want to do that just because I'm a moneywhore. Would be fun for a year or two

Sloane Square? Really now... Are you actually 25? :tongue:
Wow! Congrats to the late UCL offer-holders, especially Tateco, huge congrats!
Reply 9373
Original post by Hackett

And well done Tat!

I think it looks like a good starting point, lots of opportunities.

Thanks very much, how are things with you?

Original post by WalkerPrince
Wow! Congrats to the late UCL offer-holders, especially Tateco, huge congrats!

Cheers :biggrin: hopefully we'll be classmates :tongue:
Original post by Tateco
I think it looks like a good starting point, lots of opportunities.

Thanks very much, how are things with you?

not bad - will be firming Durham and I have sorted my Gap year out.
Reply 9375
Original post by Hackett
not bad - will be firming Durham and I have sorted my Gap year out.

Nice :smile: I've got an interview with Rothschild next week but if that doesn't work out it looks like I'll be heading straight for UCL.
X

I didn't apply this year. My subject choices are poor and I will have too many resits. But applied maths/actsci is good if I can become an actuary, (like that guy in fight club who turned out well) :biggrin:

Original post by Tateco
X

Danke :cool: Hugely depends whether I get that A* in maths tbh. MORSE want A*A*Aa (a in FM AS) + A/A* in FM A2 next year, so thats my top choice, but its difficult to get. Others include LSE/Cass Actsci, UCL Stats econ finance, Imperial applied maths, and others (thats with the A* though)

Original post by Hackett
X

Actuary, or go into IB for a bit before I start up my own Kebab shop. Or accountancy.
Reply 9377
I didn't apply this year. My subject choices are poor and I will have too many resits. But applied maths/actsci is good if I can become an actuary, (like that guy in fight club who turned out well) :biggrin:

Danke :cool: Hugely depends whether I get that A* in maths tbh. MORSE want A*A*Aa (a in FM AS) + A/A* in FM A2 next year, so thats my top choice, but its difficult to get. Others include LSE/Cass Actsci, UCL Stats econ finance, Imperial applied maths, and others (thats with the A* though)

Actuary, or go into IB for a bit before I start up my own Kebab shop. Or accountancy.

Sounds like you've got it all figured out! :smile:
Original post by Tateco
Sounds like you've got it all figured out! :smile:

All about executing it now. Good luck on Rothschild! If you do get it, you may also want to look up the E&Y Scholarship scheme, because it would apply to you, (and takes up 3 summer holidays, one before uni). But the key downside is that it will take up the second summer holiday which is pretty important for internships.
Reply 9379
All about executing it now. Good luck on Rothschild! If you do get it, you may also want to look up the E&Y Scholarship scheme, because it would apply to you, (and takes up 3 summer holidays, one before uni). But the key downside is that it will take up the second summer holiday which is pretty important for internships.

Yeah exactly, always good to have a plan though. Yeah i did consider that after I went to one of their insight days but I don't think I would want to lose those summers where there is a possibility of internships.

Latest

Trending

Trending