The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2720
Original post by laurajones24
Just rang Northampton and I'm currently on the waiting list but they're delaying their decisions until the 1st of may or something. If you're still waiting to hear give them a call

Really?! I rang them this morning for about the 10th time in the past 2 weeks and I was told the admissions people have just received the decisions from the interviewers so they are just typing up the letters and we should hear whether we're successful or not within the next 3-4 days :smile:
Original post by mark_richards
Congrats - not the guy in the grey suite I was talking to? From Windsor? Still nothing from either Greenwich AH or SGUL for me yet....not sure if that's good or bad?!

Yea i'm the guy from windsor. As long as its not a rejection then i'd take it as good news.

Original post by ShockableVF
Thank god! Someone else in the same kind of situation as me! I've been shortlisted for SGUL and attended the applicant day...I've also not heard from Greenwich AH whilst I know others have...is this good or bad? Mark, do we assume they haven't given out all offers and we're in for a chance? Do we assume we might be given a place on the waiting list? Or...have they given out offers/waiting list offers already and they're now going to hand out rejections? Confused much?! Tempting to ring...but I shall refrain for the time being...I'll inbox you Mark my name so you can add me on facebook?

Do you guys have your C1 licences? I could do with SGUL getting back to me so I can make a decision. Bit confused as to what would happen if I got on the reserve list for SGUL as its my preferred choice but obviously cant turn down a confirmed offer from Greenwich? Why can't they all just decide at the same time?!

Dave
Original post by dashton23
Yea i'm the guy from windsor. As long as its not a rejection then i'd take it as good news.

Do you guys have your C1 licences? I could do with SGUL getting back to me so I can make a decision. Bit confused as to what would happen if I got on the reserve list for SGUL as its my preferred choice but obviously cant turn down a confirmed offer from Greenwich? Why can't they all just decide at the same time?!

Dave

I have my C1 theory and am currently awaiting a test slot to do my practical...I feel your pain...I don't know whether or not to ring them...
I have my C1 theory and am currently awaiting a test slot to do my practical...I feel your pain...I don't know whether or not to ring them...

Good luck on your test. It's more straightforward than a normal driving test. best advice I got was to over exaggerate looking in the wing mirrors. Any news of people still having interviews at SGUL like they said or was it just a ruse to give them more time?

Dave

Not yet, got the provisional and have the money, time and a place to do it - just don't want to pay out and then get rejected! I am assuming (and hoping) that it isn't a coincidence that you were one of the first to hear Dave and your surname begins with 'A'...just a thought.

In case you haven't realised I am the guy you walked to the station with last week.
Mark
Not yet, got the provisional and have the money, time and a place to do it - just don't want to pay out and then get rejected! I am assuming (and hoping) that it isn't a coincidence that you were one of the first to hear Dave and your surname begins with 'A'...just a thought.

In case you haven't realised I am the guy you walked to the station with last week.
Mark

Want to ring greenwich?
Is anyone waiting on LJMU? I'm pretty sure they said the beginning of April for their decisions... Have they finished interviewing?
Original post by Briony09110
Is anyone waiting on LJMU? I'm pretty sure they said the beginning of April for their decisions... Have they finished interviewing?

Was thinking the same thing. Think I can vaguely remember them saying April though. And not sure whether they're still interviewing

Mark

Yeah I guessed. How's tricks? good thinking with the C1. I only got mine once I was on the reserve list for greenwich last year. Hadn't thought about the alphabetical link. I think they took pity on me after leaving me till last, it was getting dark by the time I left!
Just rang greenwich - no joy, applications are still being considered. That implies they haven't handed out all the offers yet anyway...

Yeah I guessed. How's tricks? good thinking with the C1. I only got mine once I was on the reserve list for greenwich last year. Hadn't thought about the alphabetical link. I think they took pity on me after leaving me till last, it was getting dark by the time I left!

When was your interview?
Just rang greenwich - no joy, applications are still being considered. That implies they haven't handed out all the offers yet anyway...

When was your interview?

mid january think 15th? yours?

Not bad mate - would be better if I could stop myself from checking Track every 15 minutes! I'm trying to work!

Yeah you might be right you did have to wait a little bit - I just hope your interview didn't over shaddow mine just before ! :wink:

Shockable - we were interviewed mid Jan.
mid january think 15th? yours?

20th

Mark

the simple fact is that if you want to work for a UK ambulance service having C1 is near enough a necessity, as even though there are services who do have Cat B front liners e.g. some of the fiat/ citroen/ peugeot van based vehicles , there is still a requirement for C1 for C1 frontline Ambulances - ( i.e. most coachbuilts), Critical Care vehicles, the HART trucks, etc etc
Reply 2734
Original post by Alex27
Really?! I rang them this morning for about the 10th time in the past 2 weeks and I was told the admissions people have just received the decisions from the interviewers so they are just typing up the letters and we should hear whether we're successful or not within the next 3-4 days :smile:

I spoke to admissions yesterday and they told me that I had been selected as a student that would receive an offer..... YAY..... However, to "take with a pinch of salt" as apparently after making their choices from this years applicants they failed to account for a student that deferred last year, meaning a decision is yet to be made whether to offer all selected, plus the defer student, or whether to reselect to include the defer and basically take out a new applicant??? Said the matter was being dealt with and hoping a decision would be made some time this week - but not for defo!! I guess if nothing sorted before Friday and Easter being around the corner, we then won't hear until near as damn it the end of month anyway?? So as happy as I was, I also now feel like I'm still in a yes or no limbo!! Especially after reading they are delaying til May?? Who knows... Fingers crossed we will receive offers sooner rather than later!! Daren't call again - i'll be on first name terms with the admissions team soon!!! ha ha ha
Reply 2735
Original post by NicNoc
I spoke to admissions yesterday and they told me that I had been selected as a student that would receive an offer..... YAY..... However, to "take with a pinch of salt" as apparently after making their choices from this years applicants they failed to account for a student that deferred last year, meaning a decision is yet to be made whether to offer all selected, plus the defer student, or whether to reselect to include the defer and basically take out a new applicant??? Said the matter was being dealt with and hoping a decision would be made some time this week - but not for defo!! I guess if nothing sorted before Friday and Easter being around the corner, we then won't hear until near as damn it the end of month anyway?? So as happy as I was, I also now feel like I'm still in a yes or no limbo!! Especially after reading they are delaying til May?? Who knows... Fingers crossed we will receive offers sooner rather than later!! Daren't call again - i'll be on first name terms with the admissions team soon!!! ha ha ha

Oh right okays! Hopefully we'll hear soon then!
Some people have already been rejected post interview, so that must be a good sign..?
How gutted would you be if you got rejected now, knowing that they've told you you've been offered a place but they they take it away to give to the deferred student...
Reply 2736
Original post by NicNoc

is this for northampton ?? think i may go insane if i dont find out soon
Reply 2737
Original post by EIG
is this for northampton ?? think i may go insane if i dont find out soon

Yes this is Northampton - have you called at all? Mind you, we all seem to be being told different things anyway! I agree, the wait is all consuming - i wake up at 6.30 on the dot everyday and am straight away checking ucas!!
Reply 2738
Original post by Alex27
Oh right okays! Hopefully we'll hear soon then!
Some people have already been rejected post interview, so that must be a good sign..?
How gutted would you be if you got rejected now, knowing that they've told you you've been offered a place but they they take it away to give to the deferred student...

It would be pure devastation! Eeeeeeeeek too scary!!:s-smilie:
Original post by zippyRN
the simple fact is that if you want to work for a UK ambulance service having C1 is near enough a necessity, as even though there are services who do have Cat B front liners e.g. some of the fiat/ citroen/ peugeot van based vehicles , there is still a requirement for C1 for C1 frontline Ambulances - ( i.e. most coachbuilts), Critical Care vehicles, the HART trucks, etc etc

I think mark is more than aware of that. Likewise most of us para applicants are.

Anyway, in other matters, I know someone who got rejected by SGUL yesterday - did anyone on here also get rejected? I assume they only rejected recent applicants and haven't decided on people like myself who are on the shortlist...

Latest