The Student Room Group

How much do you write in an hour? A4 pages

TITLE ^^

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I am quite quick imo if you mean front and back 5-6 pages so that would be 10-12 pages overall :smile:

I get negged for saying how many pages I write in an hour hmmm someone seems to be jelly of my speed :lol:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by JordanS94
I am quite quick imo if you mean front and back 5-6 pages so that would be 10-12 pages overall :smile:

****! For a timed essay, surely that's not the norm. Aha.
Reply 3
Honestly depends on what I'm writing.
I'm pretty quick.

My teacher recommended, that because our class is struggling with answering past papers on time, that we all take a book and copy out from the book as much as we can in an hour and then we'll know how much to spend on each question.. We told him where to stick it
Reply 5
In an exam situation I would say 6ish pages
Reply 6
Original post by victoryshinesonus
****! For a timed essay, surely that's not the norm. Aha.

It took years of practice :lol:

Me and my friend at school raced each other :L (sad I know) and we just got faster and faster until we just went abnormally fast :L

We started off with our words floating off the line though.
I'd say about three-four sides.
I thought I was doing quite well with three sides.
Reply 9
It depends on what it is.

I can do 6 sides, which is 1 side every 10 minutes. 1 side of A4 is around 30 lines, so I write 1 line in 20 seconds on average (which isn't very quick actually, try it out).

However, factor in thinking time, reading questions, hand getting tired, etc. and you've probably decreased this by ~1/3 (but it still depends).

I think it's only a problem if you can't write more than 2 sides of A4 in an hour (if that is the case, it's not being slow at writing, it's because you spend too much time thinking). If you're doing less than 2 per hour then you won't be able to write enough for any subjects which require extended answers.
Reply 10
Original post by JordanS94
It took years of practice :lol:

Me and my friend at school raced each other :L (sad I know) and we just got faster and faster until we just went abnormally fast :L

We started off with our words floating off the line though.

Your right, that is sad lol. I would imagine the one trying harder to win would be the real losser.
Original post by Azland
Your right, that is sad lol. I would imagine the one trying harder to win would be the real losser.

but in the end we were the winners because now we have a lot of spare time in exams to check our answers :P
Reply 12
I'm glad I take nothing but the three sciences and maths, as there isnt a load of writing exams ... biology is certainly the most, but thats easy stuff.

I don't really know how fast I go, but I do have to do write-ups for theory for the three sciences... I go quite slow actually (for chemistry certainly less than three sides an hour) because they are my tarted up revision notes.
Reply 13
For Modern Studies I have to write 4 essays in an hour and a half. Each essay is roughly 1 and a half to two sides of A4 long. It ends up about 20 minutes per essay if you want time to check over what is written :/
Step solutions = 9 pages in a second :colone:
In an exam I'll write a four sided essay in 40mins-ish so roughly six I suppose.
I wish I could write as fast as some of you guys on here :frown:

I can write around 3-4 sides depending on the subject etc.
In an 1 1/4 in my Geography exam I churned 13 sides, which is the most I've ever done in such a time. Was aching after.
Timed essays about 5 A4 sheets.
Between 3-5. Depends what the subject is really.

Quick Reply

Latest