The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9800
Original post by Crisps
Hey gays. Spent a lovely day in York today. Whilst photgraphing Clifford's Tower, I spotted a rather fine half naked male specimen, and as I own a superzoom camera, had no problem at all taking a sneaky photo. :tongue:

Pervy. me? Naaaah!

Oh, Crisps. :facepalm:
Original post by Crisps
Hey gays. Spent a lovely day in York today. Whilst photgraphing Clifford's Tower, I spotted a rather fine half naked male specimen, and as I own a superzoom camera, had no problem at all taking a sneaky photo. :tongue:

Pervy. me? Naaaah!

That's got crisps written all over it. You just couldn't resist could you?
Original post by dbmag9
Hey gays. How are we all? I had a soft-boiled duck egg for lunch, followed by more of my amazing tiramisu. Luvving lyf 2k12. :cool:

Read that as 'a soft-boiled duck'. I've been sat here wondering how exactly one hard-boils poultry.

I had raw sugarsnap peas for tea, followed by chocolate Philly and pineapple chunks. Weird...but in a good way.
Reply 9803
Original post by anshul95
That's got crisps written all over it. You just couldn't resist could you?

No. It wasn't like I was being obvious either, I was a good 50 feet away :tongue:
Original post by ATMarsden
really shouldn have readvthgat at this hour. now i am going to bed angry:angry:

I get bored of homosexuality-based threads. We seem to be seeing a big spike in these turdy threads at the moment.
Reply 9805
Mmmm new bottle of sloe gin :biggrin:
Woo, my hair now has a silver streak.
Original post by Revd. Mike
Woo, my hair now has a silver streak.

Intentional?
Somebody backed into my baby today :frown: and i've been landed with a charming bright blue fiat panda saying "Accident repair centre" on the side. THANK GOD IM RUNNING AWAY TO TENERIFE ON THURSDAY
555486_10151432327495032_628230031_23434358_1834466812_n.jpg
Reply 9809
Just A Minute with moving pictures. :s-smilie: Devilry!
Original post by Mad Vlad
Intentional?

Indeed :h:
:hat2:

I've posted this in the trans*thread but thought I'd put it here too.

so...I got sick of stuff so have told a bunch of people recently in dribs and drabs. Also chose a name and have asked people to try and refer to me as thta and male pronouns. I feel a mixture of relief and feeling bloody weird in a bad way. Also feel huge amounts of shame and guilt as I haven't let my family into my secret yet.

hate this complicated shizz y'know?

:frown:
Reply 9812
Original post by Cool Cat

so...I got sick of stuff so have told a bunch of people recently in dribs and drabs. Also chose a name and have asked people to try and refer to me as thta and male pronouns. I feel a mixture of relief and feeling bloody weird in a bad way. Also feel huge amounts of shame and guilt as I haven't let my family into my secret yet.

Go you, well done. Must have been tough, but massive kudos for going for it. :smile: Hope everyone you've told takes it well. :smile:
Original post by dbmag9
Go you, well done. Must have been tough, but massive kudos for going for it. :smile: Hope everyone you've told takes it well. :smile:

thanks, it was excruciating tbh. I'm rubbish and tlaking when nervous so my voice was going all wavery and squeaky. Only said to about 7 out of a class of 38 so far though as that's all the people thta turned up for class the other day so I'm wondering whether to let the other half know by email or just let them work it out :s-smilie:

Everyone seems to be supportive so far, I've had someone say they're proud of me and that they felt like crying when i was telling everyone the other day :redface: my friends that i lived with last yr were a bit surprised (I wasn't as uncomfy last yr so didnt make a big deal out of it even though I've felt this way for a few yrs now) but they sem supportive aswell.

The idea of telling my Dad and brothers and the rest of my family is so so frightening though. Fell huge amounts of shame and guilt and worried thta my brothers who watch hollyoaks will think i'm just 'copying' jasmine/jason :colonhash:

Don't want to make a bad/weird atmosphere at home (I live away for univ so this is why I can do stuff here)

ps. I can't connect to the TC it randomly doesn't allow me to connect to some rooms for ages. It lets me make my own rooms though and go in there ok :s-smilie: I feel I'm missing out :colonhash:
Reply 9814
thanks, it was excruciating tbh. I'm rubbish and tlaking when nervous so my voice was going all wavery and squeaky. Only said to about 7 out of a class of 38 so far though as that's all the people thta turned up for class the other day so I'm wondering whether to let the other half know by email or just let them work it out :s-smilie:

Everyone seems to be supportive so far, I've had someone say they're proud of me and that they felt like crying when i was telling everyone the other day :redface: my friends that i lived with last yr were a bit surprised (I wasn't as uncomfy last yr so didnt make a big deal out of it even though I've felt this way for a few yrs now) but they sem supportive aswell.

The idea of telling my Dad and brothers and the rest of my family is so so frightening though. Fell huge amounts of shame and guilt and worried thta my brothers who watch hollyoaks will think i'm just 'copying' jasmine/jason :colonhash:

Don't want to make a bad/weird atmosphere at home (I live away for univ so this is why I can do stuff here)

ps. I can't connect to the TC it randomly doesn't allow me to connect to some rooms for ages. It lets me make my own rooms though and go in there ok :s-smilie: I feel I'm missing out :colonhash:

Aww, it'll get easier, I'm sure. :smile: And building up a group of supportive people in the know is always good. :yep:

You're not missing much. :p:
Original post by Revd. Mike
Indeed :h:

Nice! Pics?

I'm starting to get used to my slightly silvering hair actually... it looks distinguished. :hat:

:hugs: It takes time! Don't feel guilty about it - it's a big thing and it's understandable that you're apprehensive about telling your family. Just take things one step at a time and don't feel you need to rush - take it at a pace you that you dictate; there's no pressure other than what you put on yourself. :smile:

This is a big change in your life - a big positive change! Embrace it!

:hugs:

That must have taken a lot courage. For that I take my hat off to you. I remember when I first came out to two of my uni friends. I was having heart attacks before, but felt tons better afterwards.
I've met someone :h:
Original post by Jace Falco
I've met someone :h:

Go you! Details? :smile:

Latest