The Student Room Group

Afghanistan: women held in prison for " moral crimes"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2012/mar/28/afghan-women-jailed-moral-crimes?newsfeed=true. as long as the president of afghanistan is more concerned about the burnings of a few books, nothing will change. what a shame.
Reply 1
I was actually just reading something similar in my local paper today and felt sick to my stomach. I can't imagine a greater hell than living in a country where you're not considered an equal citizen. I was just reading another article that a woman who suffered an acid attack years ago recently committed suicide...just horrific.
Reply 2
Paid for with the blood of British troops.

Stay classy Islam.
Reply 3
Original post by Marlena002
I was actually just reading something similar in my local paper today and felt sick to my stomach. I can't imagine a greater hell than living in a country where you're not considered an equal citizen. I was just reading another article that a woman who suffered an acid attack years ago recently committed suicide...just horrific.

i think the afghan government started a campaign last year prevent women from burning themself
Reply 4
Original post by Kalb
i think the afghan government started a campaign last year prevent women from burning themself

Yeah, it was something like perpetrators of acid attacks or forced suicide could be punished with life imprisonment, which is a great step..I guess it was too late for this particular woman.

*Edit: her name's Fakhra Yunus. Such a tragedy.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending