The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9460
Original post by Irenicis
cool, i wish i was there....does it take a long time to get to the city from the uni and back?

Not at all - like 10 minutes on the bus and they come every 6 minutes or something.
Reply 9461
Original post by Yash13
Oh you're on TSR! LOL. ^.^

Warwick has the name and better research. I think this is because Bath focuses on making their students more employable rather than making them interested in research, although I am not sure.

Overall rankings there is no difference.

Subject rankings say Warwick > Bath due to things like RAE 2008 (not up to date) and student satisfaction, which varies for everyone. Median salaries seem to be the same.

For a vocational focus I think Bath is hard to beat. 6 people earning 40-50k in their placement year at Goldman(according to Tom). :biggrin:

I would go where you will be happy. Prestige doesn't get you a first or a job in IB.

I hope you make the right decision. and come to bath :colone:

Haha, might wait till the day before deciding :cool:
Reply 9462
Original post by akash297
Haha, might wait till the day before deciding :cool:

Standard last minute :P If you decide Bath let me know your accommodation choice :smile:
Reply 9463
Original post by Yash13
Standard last minute :P If you decide Bath let me know your accommodation choice :smile:

of cos it'll be the newest + en-suite!
Reply 9464
Original post by Yash13

Yeah if I give my CF in late, do I get rubbish accommodation? At least I get my results early so might help me...

And is it me, or have the prices gone up?!

http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/types/index.html
Reply 9465
of cos it'll be the newest + en-suite!

:youbetcha:

Yeah if I give my CF in late, do I get rubbish accommodation? At least I get my results early so might help me...

And is it me, or have the prices gone up?!

http://www.bath.ac.uk/study/ug/accommodation/types/index.html

Yes lol! April 2nd get on there and book it.

Damn you! I have to fight for accommodation with the A-Level people -.-

Lol, the tour guides quoted wrong prices because I remember checking before the open day. They are quite pricey :frown:

Still I think its worth it. :biggrin:
Reply 9466
Original post by Hemzo
Well done on UCL Tat, you deserve it mate! Undoubtedly you'll firm UCL over Bath? :biggrin:

Cheers :smile: Yeah I think so! How's your decision making going?

Original post by Tsunami2011
Warwick or LSE.. University prestige isn't as important in Law (within reason) so swaying towards the former since I'd like to leave home:smile:

Nice :smile: When universities are that similar in prestige other factors become a lot more important.
Reply 9467
so you're choosing between bristol and bath?

Yep :smile:

I dunno, my group seemed quite social, there was a lot of walking about (especially in the sports village) and our tour guide was talking a lot so I guess no one talked too much. Wouldn't get too hung up on it.

True, I guess I shouldn't make my decision based on just one group.

Original post by Tateco
Cheers :smile: Yeah I think so! How's your decision making going?

Still unsure whether to choose Bath or Bristol, atm I'm leaning more over to Bath :tongue:
Reply 9468
Original post by Hemzo
Yep :smile:

True, I guess I shouldn't make my decision based on just one group.

Still unsure whether to choose Bath or Bristol, atm I'm leaning more over to Bath :tongue:

I'm quite leaning to Bath too cos of the great facilities!

but Bristol City seems to offer more fun stuffs....=/
Reply 9469
Original post by Hemzo

Bath is sexy :biggrin: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkGaqyKKmdw&feature=related
Reply 9470

but Bristol City seems to offer more fun stuffs....=/

Yeah! Bath is fun too, but the people at Bristol seemed pretty cool (no offence to Bath :tongue:)
Reply 9471
Original post by Hemzo

If I were you I would choose Bath, the two are in very close proximity to each other and have a very similar reputation, but the placement year at Bath gives it one hell of an edge and the experience will easily allow you to compete with top 5 grads.
Reply 9472
Original post by Tateco
If I were you I would choose Bath, the two are in very close proximity to each other and have a very similar reputation, but the placement year at Bath gives it one hell of an edge and the experience will easily allow you to compete with top 5 grads.

Yeah that placement year is one of the key factors, but the guy who was gave the presentation about his placement in UBS made me realise how good the placement years are.

Did you attend it Tat?
Reply 9473
Original post by Hemzo
Yeah that placement year is one of the key factors, but the guy who was gave the presentation about his placement in UBS made me realise how good the placement years are.

Did you attend it Tat?

No :redface: I was torn between going or not, but in the end I couldn't justify travelling a total of 6 hours for 2 hours worth of presentations for a university with the same grade requirements as the one I'm likely to firm. Kind of regret it but then again maybe it's a good thing I didn't go because it sounds like it would have really tempted me!
Reply 9474
Original post by Tateco

Man Knows. :cool:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 9475
Original post by Tateco
No :redface: I was torn between going or not, but in the end I couldn't justify travelling a total of 6 hours for 2 hours worth of presentations for a university with the same grade requirements as the one I'm likely to firm. Kind of regret it but then again maybe it's a good thing I didn't go because it sounds like it would have really tempted me!

Makes sense and they did put a very convincing case forward :tongue:
Hemzo
x
Did you like Bristols course content?
Reply 9479
Original post by -Illmatic-
Lol I saw this and just *facepalmed*

Don't know what's more funny; that, or the fact half of the labour party were having their photos taken eating pasties outside Greggs to show they were down with the commoners, not like those bloody tory toffs!

Latest

Trending

Trending