The Student Room Group

MA in Publishing at UCL - HELP!

Scroll to see replies

Oh jeez yeah, at the very least good to know other people have been as frustrated by how properly inefficient they are...to the people who haven't heard anything from the course coordinator, I did send an email/had to resend something to the department so I would say go ahead and contact the main administrative person or course coordinator to check in.

Good luck to everyone!
Reply 681
Original post by janjanmmm
Mine is "application complete" since November 21.

OMG ... well, i guess i shouldn't complain ..good luck with that!!!
Reply 682
Have any of you who have been waiting for over 6 weeks emailed them? Could be some kind of internal error and they won't check it unless you ask them what's going on!
Reply 683
Just got an offer the the MSc International Public Policy. Very happy :smile: It was a 5 week wait.
Reply 684
Snap! I got my offer last week after a tense 2 month wait due to my referee's respective spam filters being slightly over-zealous when it came to the emails from UCL.
Original post by Vanbrugh
Just got an offer the the MSc International Public Policy. Very happy :smile: It was a 5 week wait.

Congartulations!
I got an offer for IPP as well. See you in September!
I just got a scholarship elsewhere, and I need to decide if I want to accept it within the week. UCL still haven't made a decision, so will try to phone and press for a decision (but not sure how fast they'll be able to turnover the application). Kind of a shame, as UCL was really my first choice, but I don't feel like I can turn down THAT amount of financial aid.
Original post by ellemay816
Oh man! I can't even imagine waiting that long. But at least we all know that we're not suffering alone!

Janjanmmm have you emailed yet?

Yes, I did, the reply was "this is how economics department works".
Original post by Renegade Dagger
I just got a scholarship elsewhere, and I need to decide if I want to accept it within the week. UCL still haven't made a decision, so will try to phone and press for a decision (but not sure how fast they'll be able to turnover the application). Kind of a shame, as UCL was really my first choice, but I don't feel like I can turn down THAT amount of financial aid.

I would tell them exactly that.

At least for the IoA once they seemed to get their things in order, the turnaround seemed to not take too terribly long and they were much better about responding my emails (about a 1-2 day period)
Hey there!

Architecture student, graduating in june and applicant to UCL Bartlett MArch Graduate Architectural Design.

Got an email last friday saying:

"I am pleased to inform you that the course Director would like to recommend your acceptance to the above programme of study. Your application has now been returned to the College Admission office. They will check your qualifications and send you a formal letter."

My status on UCL Portico remains "application complete", should I expect a conditional/unconditional offer in the next few days or may the College Admission office reject me?

Got other offers from other UK unis and don't know what to do - UCL Bartlett was my 1st choice anyway.
Reply 690
Did anyone apply to the MSc Clinical Neuroscience and hear anything back from them?
so I just sent an e-mail to the Econ department just basically asking when I could expect an answer since I've heard from other schools and really want to make a decision. This was their response:

Dear ---

Thank you for your application.

As soon as we have made a decision, our Admissions Office will inform you.

In the meantime, please be patient as we take the time to carefully
consider your application.

With kind regards,

The Enquiries Team
Department of Economics

So yeah it was pretty worthless!
Reply 692
Original post by KAIIK
Just got an offer from WS :smile:

Hey congrats!! See u @ UCL :smile:
Hey everyone!
I just got an offer for the Egyptian Archaeology MA, I am so excited!!! Anyone else planning to do archaeology next year???
Reply 694
Hey do we need to accept the unconditional offer as well after accepting the conditional offer? There was a link to accept the offer when I got a conditional one. I accepted the conditional offer and supplied the documents. Since then it says in portico 'This application is now unconditional'. There was no link or instruction about accepting the unconditional offer as well, but in the unconditional offer letter they said 'if you accept our offer...'

Sort of confused!! Do I need to do anything now or holding the unconditional offer is enough?? :confused:
Reply 695
Anyone joining the M.Sc. Management ?
Original post by chan_chowder
I would tell them exactly that.

At least for the IoA once they seemed to get their things in order, the turnaround seemed to not take too terribly long and they were much better about responding my emails (about a 1-2 day period)

Interestingly I spoke to them today, and apparently the registry haven't even sent the School of English my application (after over a month). And the admissions tutor is on Easter Holiday for the next couple of weeks *sigh*

But yeah, for those have been waiting a while, it definitely might be worth a chase in case your application hasn't been received by the relevant department.
Original post by ClaireyG
I applied last year and was offered a place but decided to defer and start this September. I wanted to work to the end of my visa in America (runs out at the beginning of September).

I think it was March last year when I heard back from the department, so you should hear soon. Did you go to the open day in the end?

I'm assuming it varies from department to department but how was the deferral process and what did it consist of? Did they say that you would have to reapply or were they pretty accommodating about it? I am debating whether I would want to defer but I'm still waiting on the official acceptance letter from the Admissions Office (department recommended me for admission)
Reply 698
Received an offer for Cognitive Neuroscience MSc about three weeks ago, now I'm working on the additional documents necessary to enter the MRes. Wish me good luck!

Anyway, in the application I (and my supervisor) stated I was going to take my degree by the end of April, but due to bureaucratical issues I had to delay it to July. Conditional offer says I should provide my degree certificate "as soon as you are able to". I've already informed the admission tutor, of course. Do you think the delay may constitute a problem?

[ NOTE: July is not a late session in my university and I'm getting my three-years bachelor degree in two years (and this is what messed up bureaucracy), so the problem is mainly the discrepancy between expected and actual date. ]
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 699
Original post by mb6
Received an offer for Cognitive Neuroscience MSc about three weeks ago, now I'm working on the additional documents necessary to enter the MRes. Wish me good luck!

Anyway, in the application I (and my supervisor) stated I was going to take my degree by the end of April, but due to bureaucratical issues I had to delay it to July. Conditional offer says I should provide my degree certificate "as soon as you are able to". I've already informed the admission tutor, of course. Do you think the delay may constitute a problem?

[ NOTE: July is not a late session in my university and I'm getting my three-years bachelor degree in two years (and this is what messed up bureaucracy), so the problem is mainly the discrepancy between expected and actual date. ]

Three weeks ago?! Wow, when did you submit your application?

Oh, and I do not think that the delay would cause any problem. Why do not you try to explain to them the situation?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending