Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Some advice for freshers next year...

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by alexs2602
POI? Which? Hugh Stu is better for that imo. The only thing the west entrance is better for is sports.

My bad:tongue: That's good to hear.
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 81
quick question guys .... im going to be living off campus (Opal 1, Radford) , would you say its less social or its less convenient (especially during freshers). And another thing, Im an international student so I skipped my A levels and applied directly to a foundation course(engineering)..would you say that foundation students are outcasts or they dont interact with other uni students(first year etc)

Oh and where does the basketball team train?

Sorry for asking so many questions!

Thanks in advance....
Reply 82
can anyone tell me about Flo Bo :smile: it looks pretty far from all the other student accommodation :/ is it really like that? is it secluded from the other buildings?
Original post by ggurl3
can anyone tell me about Flo Bo :smile: it looks pretty far from all the other student accommodation :/ is it really like that? is it secluded from the other buildings?

What do you want to know? It's like 2 mins from Willoughby, 5 mins from Cav, Ancy, Nightingale. Whenever I've visited it's seemed like a nice enough hall. Has bit of a feel of an old school to me but I like it. I would pick it over my hall(Ancaster) if I had the choice.
Reply 84
What do you want to know? It's like 2 mins from Willoughby, 5 mins from Cav, Ancy, Nightingale. Whenever I've visited it's seemed like a nice enough hall. Has bit of a feel of an old school to me but I like it. I would pick it over my hall(Ancaster) if I had the choice.

Oh really thats great then :biggrin: ummm how are the rooms? I've got a large single :smile: how far is from the SU? and most of my lectures are at jubilee campus and Flo Bo is the hall furthest away so would that be an issue? :frown: sorry for the 100 questions im just abit excited :biggrin:
Reply 85
When need to email them that Hall of Residence information form by?
I'm in Lenton and Wortley and a lot of those problems don't apply as my bathroom is (more-or-less) alright and the catering stuff are lovely, they'll hold back food for you if you need them to no problem.
Original post by ggurl3
Oh really thats great then :biggrin: ummm how are the rooms? I've got a large single :smile: how far is from the SU? and most of my lectures are at jubilee campus and Flo Bo is the hall furthest away so would that be an issue? :frown: sorry for the 100 questions im just abit excited :biggrin:

There's hopper buses that'll go fairly near your hall (I'm from the other end of campus, but I'm sure that's the case) that'll take you to Jubilee.

I'd hate it though, all my lectures are 10-15 minutes walk :cool:
Original post by ggurl3

You're in luck. The person I know in FloBo has a large single. It's massvie. You've lucked out. Why do you want to know how far it's from the SU? Do you mean the 'SU bar'? There are 14 bars on campus. Shouldn't be too much of an issue. You will walk to the humanities building each day(like 5 min walk, prob less) and get a hopper bus. I've never taken the hopper bus but loads of people do it so you'll be fine.
Original post by Jin3011
When need to email them that Hall of Residence information form by?

Pretty ****ing much whenever. There's no hurry. I would get it in before your exams though ideally. It's no big deal.
Reply 90
Pretty ****ing much whenever. There's no hurry. I would get it in before your exams though ideally. It's no big deal.

Thanks, though I don't have any exams since I'm on a gap year.
Reply 91
Does anyone know what the rooms are like at Willougby hall? Specially the single studies?
Original post by Jin3011
Thanks, though I don't have any exams since I'm on a gap year.

Sometime in the next month will do fine, you can probably give it in much later than that. There's never been a time when I think they've actually used it anyway.
Reply 93
You're in luck. The person I know in FloBo has a large single. It's massvie. You've lucked out. Why do you want to know how far it's from the SU? Do you mean the 'SU bar'? There are 14 bars on campus. Shouldn't be too much of an issue. You will walk to the humanities building each day(like 5 min walk, prob less) and get a hopper bus. I've never taken the hopper bus but loads of people do it so you'll be fine.

Oh no i was just wondering cause the SU is in the Portland building and someone said that lots of things happen there so i was just curious :biggrin:

also I kinda noticed that most of the other halls are sort of in clusters but Flo Bo is sort of secluded, thats not an issue is it? :smile: im so glad im next to the lake though :biggrin:
Reply 94
Original post by karateworm
I'm in Lenton and Wortley and a lot of those problems don't apply as my bathroom is (more-or-less) alright and the catering stuff are lovely, they'll hold back food for you if you need them to no problem.

I just got placed into Lenton and Wortley too! I hope it's quite lively!
Original post by ggurl3
Oh no i was just wondering cause the SU is in the Portland building and someone said that lots of things happen there so i was just curious :biggrin:

also I kinda noticed that most of the other halls are sort of in clusters but Flo Bo is sort of secluded, thats not an issue is it? :smile: im so glad im next to the lake though :biggrin:

It's like 10/15 walk away from FloBo. Unless you're doing history your lectures will be that way anyway so you'll be fine. A lot of lunch stuff is around there... I've rarely been there for another reason.

Doubt it'll be an issue. I assume FloBo will be 'grouped' with Cavendish and Willoughby for any cluster socials but I think we've only had one for our cluster so far this year.
Reply 96
Anyone know if Cripps Hall single study rooms have a wash basin or not?
Original post by Kachun
Anyone know if Cripps Hall single study rooms have a wash basin or not?

Never heard of a room not having a sink.
Original post by helen-a-ravenclaw
I applied on the 14th March for a private shared bathroom as first choice.

What about you?

Hey i Applied for that too and got into cripps :smile:It all really happening!!!! Anyone know what Cripps is like? Is the food good? Are the common rooms nice? are the rooms nice????
Original post by Butterwouldntmelt
Hey i Applied for that too and got into cripps :smile:It all really happening!!!! Anyone know what Cripps is like? Is the food good? Are the common rooms nice? are the rooms nice????

Hey I'm in Cripps too. so excited for september!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending