The Student Room Group

Edinburgh Medical School Applicants 2012

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1040
Original post by HishamG
Hi, everyone. To those who have been rejected and applied for the alternative medical sciences course, did your UCAS track change the course code to B100? Because mine did yet I still haven't heard anything. Thanks in advance.

Hey, my course changed to b100 too ! 2 days later I received a track notification with an unconditional offer from Edinburgh for b100.
Reply 1041
Original post by roar558
I think they only just started giving offers to those who applied directly to them (I got mine a week or two ago).

Hi, roar558. Thanks for your reply. I got my conditional offer for the biomedical sciences program two days ago. Now just waiting to hear back back from Aberdeen (Didn't get an interview yet, but still keeping my hopes up :smile: ). Do you know if I can withdraw or decline an offer AFTER I've firmed/insuranced it, say like around June or July? Good luck with your application. How's it going so far?
Reply 1042
Original post by staytuff
Hey, my course changed to b100 too ! 2 days later I received a track notification with an unconditional offer from Edinburgh for b100.

Hi, staytuff. Thanks for your reply. I got my conditional offer for the biomedical sciences program two days ago. Now just waiting to hear back back from Aberdeen (Didn't get an interview yet, but still keeping my hopes up :smile: ). Good luck with your application. How's it going so far?
Original post by HishamG
Hi, roar558. Thanks for your reply. I got my conditional offer for the biomedical sciences program two days ago. Now just waiting to hear back back from Aberdeen (Didn't get an interview yet, but still keeping my hopes up :smile: ). Do you know if I can withdraw or decline an offer AFTER I've firmed/insuranced it, say like around June or July? Good luck with your application. How's it going so far?

2 rejections so far, waiting for aberdeen and glasgow. You don't have to make any decisions till May so there's no rush. However after you've firmed an offer, you can't decline it exactly but you can ask the university to release you if you want to go into clearing etc. Well done on the offer btw.
Reply 1044
Original post by roar558
2 rejections so far, waiting for aberdeen and glasgow. You don't have to make any decisions till May so there's no rush. However after you've firmed an offer, you can't decline it exactly but you can ask the university to release you if you want to go into clearing etc. Well done on the offer btw.

HI roar558. So if I firm an offer, I can't drop out after that?
Original post by HishamG
HI roar558. So if I firm an offer, I can't drop out after that?

You can but you'd have to ask the university directly to release you.
Reply 1046
Original post by roar558
You can but you'd have to ask the university directly to release you.

OK, thanks. Sorry, but I can't +rep you, PRSOM. :s-smilie:
Original post by HishamG
OK, thanks. Sorry, but I can't +rep you, PRSOM. :s-smilie:

No problem, glad to be able to help.
Reply 1048
Original post by SirMuffin
Oh man... I get there on the sunday... Would it still be open?

The museum is only open on the last saturday of each month, visiting the museum gives you a chance to sneak around the medical school building as well :tongue:
Reply 1049
Just firmed my offer. EEK.
Reply 1050
I can't decide between Edinburgh and UCL...
Can anyone offer any insight?
I got a conditional offer. but it says the only conditions are the PVG scheme, verification of qualifications etc. is anyone else the same?

Also does this just mean unconditional? cos theres no academic requirements?
I just need to know for applying to halls.
Reply 1052
Original post by DarrenFlynn66
I got a conditional offer. but it says the only conditions are the PVG scheme, verification of qualifications etc. is anyone else the same?

Yeah, I think everyone (bar some who need grades) got that. I certainly did anyway! Going to look at halls now too. :smile:
Original post by DarrenFlynn66

I think so. I've got my A-level grades and got a conditional on PVG for Edinburgh but unconditional for King's. Since I think I'm going for Edinburgh, I think it might be possible for me to actually "firm" Edinburgh and have King's as my insurance in case they find out that I'm a total creepo and fail my PVG... :colone:

Is this right? Can anyone confirm?
Reply 1054
What are you guys thinking for accomodation?
Reply 1055
Original post by HeatherM
What are you guys thinking for accomodation?

I definately want to go self catered. You?
Reply 1056
I have no idea. Was thinking perhaps self-catered, but my mum has reminded me that my lack of culinary school and mild OCD about cleanliness in the kitchen may be a problem...
Reply 1057
Original post by jam_jam
I definately want to go self catered. You?

Original post by Rugby N
I have no idea. Was thinking perhaps self-catered, but my mum has reminded me that my lack of culinary school and mild OCD about cleanliness in the kitchen may be a problem...

I was thinking self catered. But i'm not sure. I'm not exactly a culinary mastermind... :P
But catered accomodation is extortionate, and rooms are smaller.... Plus, i'd skip meals for longer in bed.
Reply 1058
Original post by HeatherM
I was thinking self catered. But i'm not sure. I'm not exactly a culinary mastermind... :P
But catered accomodation is extortionate, and rooms are smaller.... Plus, i'd skip meals for longer in bed.

Haha longer in bed sounds like a much better option :smile: - I just want the flexibility to eat what I want, when I want.

I would also prefer living in a flat as opposed to on a corridor. Have you started looking at properties - even though Edinburgh doesn't seem to have a good record of giving you one of your prefered. :smile:
Reply 1059
Original post by jam_jam
Haha longer in bed sounds like a much better option :smile: - I just want the flexibility to eat what I want, when I want.

I would also prefer living in a flat as opposed to on a corridor. Have you started looking at properties - even though Edinburgh doesn't seem to have a good record of giving you one of your prefered. :smile:

Yeah, i've narrowed it down to Nicolson St, Meadow Court, Darroch Court, Kinkaids Court or New Arthur Place. I think. But that took ages alone... And i did it on location and then for different reasons. For example, i'm pretty sure you get a sink in your room in Nicolson. A sink means a mirror. :P Means i can brush my teeth IN my room and everything... :biggrin: and i can faff about with my make up before i leave my room- so i wont turn my flatmates to stone :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending