The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 9520
Original post by -Illmatic-
Did you like Bristols course content?

Thought the course content was very good, very mathematical which was a plus, but pretty much all Bsc Economics degrees are mathematical.
Reply 9521
What are thoughts between Bath and Warwick?

(Yash is prevented from commenting due to excess prejudice). :P
Reply 9522
Original post by akash297

Warwick is probably better than Bath in terms of prestige and it is a top 5 university which is also a bonus. However, with that being said, it doesn't mean Bath isn't good either. I applied to Warwick and got rejected, but I didn't mind too much when I looked at it, Bath's year placement is a big advantage and Warwick's one of those universities that you either love or hate (since it's in the middle of nowhere apparently). Someone on this thread opted for Bath over Warwick, but I would personally assess all the different factors that I would consider important and compare them between the two universities.
Reply 9523

Overall Warwick is tecnhically better, but I probably would have opted for Bath personally.
Reply 9524

LOOL! I see how it is... :u:

Got an unconditional from Erasmus University Rotterdam today for International Economics and Business Economics :biggrin:

Anyone know how it compares to UK universities?

Personally I would go for Warwick, as it is a top 5, has a larger list of optional modules to choose from and (in my opinion) you will have better job prospects. The people that choose Bath do so mainly because it is a beautiful place, still a damn good place for econ (top 10 I think) and they want to generally enjoy the uni experience a bit more.
Reply 9526
Original post by member910132
Personally I would go for Warwick, as it is a top 5, has a larger list of optional modules to choose from and (in my opinion) you will have better job prospects. The people that choose Bath do so mainly because it is a beautiful place, still a damn good place for econ (top 10 I think) and they want to generally enjoy the uni experience a bit more.

Thanks. Where are you off to?
Thanks. Where are you off to?

Thank God - offers from Bath, Warwick, UCL and LSE
Post A2 so they are unconditional and LSE :smile:
Reply 9528
Original post by member910132
Thank God - offers from Bath, Warwick, UCL and LSE
Post A2 so they are unconditional and LSE :smile:

Nice. A friend of mine is off to LSE for Econs - His name is Andy renton. You'll know who he is very quickly...haha
Reply 9529
Bath or Bristol for job prospects and entertainment?
Original post by Axellia

Bath for job prospects, Bristol for entertainment. Though it's not too far to travel to Bristol from Bath...
Reply 9531
Original post by jamiepango
Bath for job prospects, Bristol for entertainment. Though it's not too far to travel to Bristol from Bath...

Made up your mind which university you're going to firm? :smile:
Reply 9532

when you say that, do you mean Bath with the placement or without?
Reply 9533
Original post by Axellia

Neither confers an advantage over the other for job prospects, so its up to you to decide based on your personal preferences.

I personally, would pick Bristol. Thats just based on the Bath campus not actually being in Bath itself, but a bit outside bath. I also found the campus extremely ugly - it is all just concrete and glass, but it is very well organised and easy to get around. I didn't visit Bristol uni, but I've been to Bristol, and it's a really nice city. That said, a paid year in industry at Bath would be very tempting.
Reply 9534
Original post by FDR
Neither confers an advantage over the other for job prospects, so its up to you to decide based on your personal preferences.

I personally, would pick Bristol. Thats just based on the Bath campus not actually being in Bath itself, but a bit outside bath. I also found the campus extremely ugly - it is all just concrete and glass, but it is very well organised and easy to get around. I didn't visit Bristol uni, but I've been to Bristol, and it's a really nice city. That said, a paid year in industry at Bath would be very tempting.

:nah: I agree the older buildings were ew but on the whole I thought it was rather beautiful. In comparison, Bristol is a bit rundown. I went to both before applying. But your probably right about job prospects, I am no expert.
Original post by Hemzo
Made up your mind which university you're going to firm? :smile:

Nope, I'm still 50/50 in terms of where I want to go :s-smilie: I'll hopefully make a decision after the open day next week.

How about you? Are you set on Bath? :biggrin:

Original post by Irenicis

With placement :smile:
Reply 9536
Original post by lordvulture
LSE Economics vs. Berkerley undergraduate college of arts and sciences

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1959025&p=36932151#post36932151

I'd appreciate any comments/ advice :smile:

If you don't mind me asking, what was your SAT scores and did you get into harvard, Yale etc? Congrats on the lse offer
Original post by Az_016
If you don't mind me asking, what was your SAT scores and did you get into harvard, Yale etc? Congrats on the lse offer

Thanks. I didn't get into the top ivys, otherwise I won't be asking that question :P I got 2250 for the SAT, since I am an asian + international, and all ivies penalise one or the other or both, I didn't really expect to get in, but just thought it was worth a try. I am on waiting list for Chicago though, which is quite surprising although I know that waiting list almost amounts to a rejection.
Reply 9538
Nope, I'm still 50/50 in terms of where I want to go :s-smilie: I'll hopefully make a decision after the open day next week.

How about you? Are you set on Bath? :biggrin:

For you it's either Bath or LSE right?

Still unsure myself whether to choose Bath or Bristol. Both were really nice on their open days, if only I could combine Bristol's social life and societies with Bath's campus, accommodation and year placement :frown:
Reply 9539
Original post by Irenicis

With placement, without there will be no difference in prospects.

Latest

Trending

Trending