The Student Room Group

Cambridge Chemistry Challenge

Scroll to see replies

I'm stuck on the last question - i know what all the compounds are and their formulae but apart from that...
Reply 241
can someone help me with the gold question?
Original post by syren1
can someone help me with the gold question?

you'll want to find where those places are

the latitude and longitude are provided.
Then you just need to figure out what connects the places.

PM me if you need more help on Gold.

It's Rg that is melting my scinciput ¦D

If you think Gold is hard.... :wink:
Silverland's right. Gold's nothing compared to Roentgenium. By the way, a clue about gold: it's something you might learn in A level biology, around the applications topics.

So....does anybody know how to do Rg? I've been trying ever possible combination of numbers. But I'm not exactly a university student who has in depth knowledge about spectroscopy. But....I think the middle value is 8. That's all I'm sure of, anybody else know what the molecule that looks like a man and the Rhodamine 123 cation (molecule on the right) are valued at?
Reply 244
hey, what is that a picture of in the background of the Rg question?
Original post by distroyer
hey, what is that a picture of in the background of the Rg question?

I think it's about the mass spectrum.. But I'm not exactly sure...
in my opinion...it looks more like an nmr spectrum
Reply 247
If anyone knows the answer to rg can u message me :smile: thx
Reply 248
Original post by jennywren42681
I'm stuck on the last question - i know what all the compounds are and their formulae but apart from that...

What is the formula for the bottom left compound?
Original post by ncljess
If anyone knows the answer to rg can u message me :smile: thx

Same to me pleas. This has got to be the hardest challenge question so far. Unless im missing something really simple.
What is the answer to the entry levelquestion . I am STUCK!
I'm stuck on silver. Can someone please help me?
Reply 252
Original post by GreenLantern1
What is the answer to the entry levelquestion . I am STUCK!

Its got a bit to do with Physics...

P1b, if you do AQA.
Reply 253
Original post by chemistinthemaking
I'm stuck on silver. Can someone please help me?

same, think ive over complicated it
Original post by Yetix
same, think ive over complicated it

Here is a bit of help. You need to use moles=mass/Mr. And you need to find the concentration of the HCl to be able to use moles=concentration*volume.
Original post by USB
Its got a bit to do with Physics...

P1b, if you do AQA.

It is alright. The correct answer has two words and I kept putting the second word. Boy I am such a fool. But now know. I simply forgot to put Iron in fornt of the second word!
Original post by david2457
Here is a bit of help. You need to use moles=mass/Mr. And you need to find the concentration of the HCl to be able to use moles=concentration*volume.

But how do you know the Mr?
Original post by chemistinthemaking
But how do you know the Mr?

The statue is made of marble. The marble that is used is calcium carbonate. CaCO3. Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 258
Original post by GreenLantern1
It is alright. The correct answer has two words and I kept putting the second word. Boy I am such a fool. But now know. I simply forgot to put Iron in fornt of the second word!

Ah my bad! The hint I have you refers to the Copper one actually, glad to see you managed the entry one fine though :smile:

Silver is annoying me, as I'm not sure how to consider the information of pH 2...

Do we use -log(h) = pH to determine number of H ions??
Original post by david2457
The statue is made of marble. The marble that is used is calcium carbonate. CaCO3. Hope that helps :smile:

That's what I'm doing & I'm still getting it wrong :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest