The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Facticity
I loved Nichibros, and that frankfurter sketch had me in stitches, seriously. You can't go wrong with Gintama kind of humour for me :yep: Got 8/10 from me. One of the best of the season I'd say.

I really need to catch Chihayafuru, I have seem nothing but continual praise for it. Which is odd, because it looks like a sports anime coated as a shoujo anime - one would think something like that would get quite polarized reception. But it is high on my to watch list.

I didn't think it would be, but the Amagami finale was quite amusing :giggle: Whilst it was just an excuse for full case fan service, there were some laughs to be found.

Right now I'm looking forward to the Inu x Boku and Persona 4 conclusions.

While I did find the frankfurter sketch amusing, it's similarity to the sketch in Nichijou only made me realize how much better the latter was, in my opinion. :dontknow: I gave it 3.5/5 (or 7/10 for easy comparison to the scale you're using :p:) - it'll probably end up competing with Rinne no Lagrange for a middle of the table ranking in my end of season post. :yes:

You probably do need to watch Chihayafuru. It is a sport anime, but is just as successful in the shoujo/romance side of things in my opinion. It just works. Now that's a series that could potentially snatch 1st place from Mirai Nikki when it comes to my end of season rankings.

Still have Amagami and Papa Kiki to watch; waiting on 'better' releases for Inu x Boku and Last Exile.
Original post by AngryJellyfish
While I did find the frankfurter sketch amusing, it's similarity to the sketch in Nichijou only made me realize how much better the latter was, in my opinion. :dontknow: I gave it 3.5/5 (or 7/10 for easy comparison to the scale you're using :p:) - it'll probably end up competing with Rinne no Lagrange for a middle of the table ranking in my end of season post. :yes:

You probably do need to watch Chihayafuru. It is a sport anime, but is just as successful in the shoujo/romance side of things in my opinion. It just works. Now that's a series that could potentially snatch 1st place from Mirai Nikki when it comes to my end of season rankings.

Still have Amagami and Papa Kiki to watch; waiting on 'better' releases for Inu x Boku and Last Exile.

I haven't seen Nichijou so I can't make the comparison :nah: Rinne no Lagrange was decent but Nichijou was better :plz2:

I will in due time :yep:

Amagami was okay and PapaKiki was endearing as usual. Nice ending for PapaKiki, gets a 7.5/10 from me. Inu x Boku ending was good, I really liked that sure. I'm sure a S2 is right around the corner.

Loved the Persona 4 ending, a great series overall - 8/10 from me :cute:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3022
Sorry to intrude. :s-smilie:

As a complete newbie to anime, what would be ones that you would recommend? I've started watching Inu X Boku SS on recommendation and I really like it! Not sure if it's that rated though...

Any good ones that you know that aren't like 500 episodes long? (I really don't have the perseverance, or fast enough internet!)

Thanks for any contributions. :smile:
Noo! nearly finished watching with FMA:brotherhood. Don't want it to end:mad:
Original post by Paramore<3

As a complete newbie to anime, what would be ones that you would recommend? I've started watching Inu X Boku SS on recommendation and I really like it! Not sure if it's that rated though...

Any good ones that you know that aren't like 500 episodes long? (I really don't have the perseverance, or fast enough internet!)

Welcome to the society. :smile:

I pretty much only watch anime that are under 100 episodes long, so that's easy! Series that spring to mind as being similar to Inu x Boku are Kuroshitsuji, Zero no Tsukaima and Mayo Chiki!, mostly because all three have similar master - servant relationships. The first two also share the magic/fantasy theme, while both the latter are romantic comedies. :smile:
Reply 3025
Original post by Paramore<3

To AngryJellyfish's suggestions I'd add Otome Youkai Zakuro and perhaps Kaichou wa Maid-sama. At least, that is assuming you're looking for things which are in some way similar to IxB.
Reply 3026
Saint Seiya Omega is finally upon us! Yay hooray!
Reply 3027
Original post by eugenius 8
narutooooo yeahhhhhh ****ing jizzzzz

god hope that aint start of ****ing filler man

damn it is filler :mad: because there just arnt enough flashbacks to their bratty past :huff:
My first time here and I really want to cryTTATT
I've watched most of the amines however in China names of the characters and amines are translated in Chinese and now I just can't understand which one you guys are talking about 0.0
Alright I just remain watching and try to see whether I can guess :smile:
Original post by sensingdevice
My first time here and I really want to cryTTATT
I've watched most of the amines however in China names of the characters and amines are translated in Chinese and now I just can't understand which one you guys are talking about 0.0
Alright I just remain watching and try to see whether I can guess :smile:

Welcome to the society. :smile: You say you've watched most of them? :p: Roughly how many series, out of interest?
Welcome to the society. :smile: You say you've watched most of them? :p: Roughly how many series, out of interest?

At least I didnt miss out those classical ones hah I know your head sculpture is the girl in Another(Thanks for this name being English)..Its really hard to say how many since I started watch them 7 years ago but I still want to say that my favourate one is CODE GEASS:smile:

I have to admit that for some of animes I only watched starters and nowadays I watch them less frequently. Yeah I love Mirai Nikki(in Chinese its called 'the diary from future) but its about to end and now I'm waiting for FateZero to continue.
Original post by sensingdevice
At least I didnt miss out those classical ones hah I know your head sculpture is the girl in Another(Thanks for this name being English)..Its really hard to say how many since I started watch them 7 years ago but I still want to say that my favourate one is CODE GEASS:smile:

I have to admit that for some of animes I only watched starters and nowadays I watch them less frequently. Yeah I love Mirai Nikki(in Chinese its called 'the diary from future) but its about to end and now I'm waiting for FateZero to continue.

Yeah, it's been about 7 years since I started too. I can only keep track of how many series I have watched because I use the website Anime-Planet to list them. :p:

Fate/Zero is also top of my list of new series that I'm looking forward to, as well as the new series of Eureka 7. :smile:
Yeah, it's been about 7 years since I started too. I can only keep track of how many series I have watched because I use the website Anime-Planet to list them. :p:

Fate/Zero is also top of my list of new series that I'm looking forward to, as well as the new series of Eureka 7. :smile:

Yeah I see the Anime Planet. Great idea to record things:smile:
I like Eureka and I LOVE BONES!!! I love it's high quality animes:biggrin:
Reply 3033
And now I remember why I hate crunchyroll.

Advert before video. Intro bit+ op. Two ****ing adverts (50 seconds altogether) and then the next part, and then another adbreak scheduled in the middle.

I've said it before with their crappy streaming but these ***** will never get money from me
Reply 3034
I never got the point in streaming when you get better quality from a properly encoded download and if you use something like XDCC via IRC, you can watch as you're downloading. At much higher quality than you could ever hope for in a stream.

Plus there's the whole inability to watch offline, so if the Internet goes down and you have the hankering to watch something, you're screwed.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3035
:teeth:Really liked space bros :cry2:

Ozuma has some interesting faces for some of the minor characters :mmm: It's like their noses are too long and their eyes are too high up.:lolwut:

hmmm this horriblesubs version of the new hxh does a few things differently from the old series.. the character kanaria called canary.. yorkshin city called york new :lolwut: and the spider called "the phantom troupe" now who use a spider as their symbol. Phantom troupe makes them sound like a group of magicians.:giggle:
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by vin
damn it is filler :mad: because there just arnt enough flashbacks to their bratty past :huff:

:argh: hope its just a one off ep, it only just felt like recently the last filler arc ended :unimpressed: :frown:
Reply 3037
Original post by Tabris
I never got the point in streaming when you get better quality from a properly encoded download and if you use something like XDCC via IRC, you can watch as you're downloading. At much higher quality than you could ever hope for in a stream.

Plus there's the whole inability to watch offline, so if the Internet goes down and you have the hankering to watch something, you're screwed.

I don't usually use streaming all that much, but with my anime viewing having dropped, and worries about dls etc I've decided to stick to streaming and DVDs for now.

Like with that Funimation lawsuit last year...even though they could only target US users right? :awesome:

I just worry too much at the moment :mmm:
woop woop gona be a 2nd season of ore no imouto :woo: thought it was an april fools joke but its for real :woo:
Reply 3039
Another makes Final Destination look subtle.

The later final destination films

:awesome:

Latest