Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello to all, this is my first post!

I would really appreciate some guidance on which MSc to choose.
    I have been accepted both in Durham and Bath University for an MSc in Accounting and Finance and I am in a dilemma.

From what I have gathered, I understand that Durham is considered, in general, a great university ranking highly every year. Ok, but is it that strong in its finance department? Or is it just another department from a generally good uni?

On the other hand there is Bath that of course as a whole cannot compete Durham, but its MSc in Accounting and Finance is highly ranked, has awarded exemptions from the ACCA exams and as far as I hear has a business department that attracts many businesses’ HR departments in career events.

Which one is better? What are your feedback and/or opinions on the above?
    If I have any misconceptions please point them out, I would really appreciate any info.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmys12)
    Hello to all, this is my first post!

I would really appreciate some guidance on which MSc to choose.
    I have been accepted both in Durham and Bath University for an MSc in Accounting and Finance and I am in a dilemma.

From what I have gathered, I understand that Durham is considered, in general, a great university ranking highly every year. Ok, but is it that strong in its finance department? Or is it just another department from a generally good uni?

On the other hand there is Bath that of course as a whole cannot compete Durham, but its MSc in Accounting and Finance is highly ranked, has awarded exemptions from the ACCA exams and as far as I hear has a business department that attracts many businesses’ HR departments in career events.

Which one is better? What are your feedback and/or opinions on the above?
    If I have any misconceptions please point them out, I would really appreciate any info.

just out of curiosity, which one did you eventually choose?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.