The Student Room Group

Food and Drink: You're the WORST Example!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 480
Sweet and sour springs to mind.

Worst McCain product?
just... their chips? the thick ones? nah.

worst icecream on a stick?
Reply 482
Feast. Not a fan of the dark chocolate.

Worst bit of salad to have in a hamburger?
Reply 483
Original post by Fusion
Feast. Not a fan of the dark chocolate.

Worst bit of salad to have in a hamburger?

Onions. They repeat. :sad:

Worst pizza topping that you've seen or heard of?
Reply 484
Mussels

mussel-pizza.jpg

Eurgh.

Worst pizza side dish?
Reply 485
Original post by Fusion
Mussels

mussel-pizza.jpg

Eurgh.

Worst pizza side dish?

An accompaniment?

If I'm having pizza and just one other thing, then I'd say garlic bread. "Would you like some baked bread topped with butter and garlic with your baked bread topped with pizza toppings, madam?" I do like it, I just have to have some salad to balance out the carb overload!

Most disappointing chocolate bar?
Hersheys. Been slated to death on this forum already, but I was so excited expecting some delicious American candy. The fact I had to brush my teeth profusely afterwards says it all. For a bit of a different answer, Twix. Who gets excited about a twix? Someone nips to the shop, want anything? Oh grab me a chocolate bar..surprise me!

If they came back with a twix, admit it..you'd be like oh. A twix.

worst example of italian food?
Original post by MelissaJayne
Hersheys. Been slated to death on this forum already, but I was so excited expecting some delicious American candy. The fact I had to brush my teeth profusely afterwards says it all. For a bit of a different answer, Twix. Who gets excited about a twix? Someone nips to the shop, want anything? Oh grab me a chocolate bar..surprise me!

Especially since they used it as the Galaxy Truffle replacement. :frown:

Ciabatta. Consistency, taste, dryness - just, ugh.

Worst example of fried foods?
Reply 488
I've never been a fan of Fried Chicken (I know, food crime blah blah). For me, I just remember the ways I've had chicken where it tastes so clean and fresh and light, and then you eat this monstrosity and its like; AH whatchado to ma poultry!

Also, Fried Bread is SO inferior to Eggy Bread in my opinion, and just tastes like oil. I don't get why you'd choose that over fluffy eggy bread :smile:

Corndogs, though I've never been brave enough to try, also seem a food abomination. Its like 'why have a plain old hot dog when you can deep fry and batter it?!'... because a plain hotdog is nice, and not EVERYTHING in the world needs to be deep fried and battered.

WORST:

Food on a stick?
Reply 489
Original post by dani_1991
I've never been a fan of Fried Chicken (I know, food crime blah blah). For me, I just remember the ways I've had chicken where it tastes so clean and fresh and light, and then you eat this monstrosity and its like; AH whatchado to ma poultry!

Also, Fried Bread is SO inferior to Eggy Bread in my opinion, and just tastes like oil. I don't get why you'd choose that over fluffy eggy bread :smile:

Corndogs, though I've never been brave enough to try, also seem a food abomination. Its like 'why have a plain old hot dog when you can deep fry and batter it?!'... because a plain hotdog is nice, and not EVERYTHING in the world needs to be deep fried and battered.

WORST:

Food on a stick?

Corndogs are tasty!

I'm not a massive fan of candy floss. It's just, well, sugar.

Worst dish involving cheese?
Probably a horribly weak pasta bake, with the cheese just being all pale and liquidly and tasting of nada.

Worst fruit based dessert?
Reply 491
Rum baked pineapple.
It's like a poor man's fruit salad that Jack Sparrow attacked...

Worst Ben and Jerry's variety?
not a big fan of fairly coconutty.

worst roast meat?
Pork probably. The crackling or belly is the kinda pork i'm into, not usually the roasted joint. Bit dry and, meh!

Worst in a celebrations tin?
It used to be Topic without a doubt, now I'd say Twix or Snickers.

Worst exotic fruit & dish?
Reply 495
Worst ever has to be Durian Fritters.

IT SMELLED LIKE TURPENTINE.

WORST EXAMPLE OF WHITE FISH?
Original post by TotoMimo
Worst ever has to be Durian Fritters.

IT SMELLED LIKE TURPENTINE.

WORST EXAMPLE OF WHITE FISH?

For me, sole.

It just died/disintegrated practically upon cooking. And had hardly any flavour!!!

Worst chutney?
Reply 497
Indian Lime Pickle.

To counteract the intense sourness, they just shovel in the salt. What ensues is quite frankly, the most foul struggles for taste supremacy on the palate.

What's the worst example of: A supermarket attempt at a restaurant-esque meal classic?
Reply 498
I'd probably say any form of 'Microwavable/Oven-Cook Sunday Roast'. It's a sad SAD sight indeed.
be-gbm.jpg
071.jpg

It basically cries on the plate at you.

Worst example of a wannabe 'gourmet' supermarket dessert?
Original post by MelissaJayne

I actually LOVE twix. I buy it everytime i get a chocolate bar from the shop. Maybe its just me haha.

Quick Reply

Latest