The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Scroll to see replies

Reply 120
Original post by Tremmel Smith
Cool , could you send me a link for this please?

www.yougo.co.uk <- Thats the link but you can login through UCAS Track which has the yougo link and signs you in automatically I think.
I'm guessing you've both been to atleast the department day at sheffield. I went but didn't get the chance to see any of the accomodation since the student guides got lost in the student union building which meant that we missed the coaches to the villages :angry:
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 121
Original post by Kwamzy94
www.yougo.co.uk <- Thats the link but you can login through UCAS Track which has the yougo link and signs you in automatically I think.
I'm guessing you've both been to atleast the department day at sheffield. I went but didn't get the chance to see any of the accomodation since the student guides got lost in the student union building which meant that we missed the coaches to the villages :angry:

Hah doesn't that defeat the point of them being guides?! The accomodation was goood,ranmoor and endcliffe are the exact same pretty much just endcliffe is and looked alot bigger,ranmoor had a nice atomosphere but i was worried it would be too quiet so picked endcliffe
Reply 122
Original post by RMW1994
Ooh I just went on it and found people but half of them are already there,how do i know who's going to be there in september? haha this bad cause i find myself prejudging whether i'm gonna like people or not! Eeek,bad habit of mine,need to snap out of it! And you can't pick on people!

Haha same here, I do that sometimes and its really bad. Of course I can Rachel, I'm from London, home of the 2011 Riots :colone: I Joke!
Reply 123
Haha same here, I do that sometimes and its really bad. Of course I can Rachel, I'm from London, home of the 2011 Riots :colone: I Joke!

LOL,nahh i highly doubt people will fear you cause of that! Did you even go looting?!

Which day did you go on ? I went on the 29th of February and I loved the department and the uni .
Original post by RMW1994
LOL,nahh i highly doubt people will fear you cause of that! Did you even go looting?!

I'm curious as to how many black and ethnic minorities there are , i don't wanna be part of a handful lol
Reply 126
I'm curious as to how many black and ethnic minorities there are , i don't wanna be part of a handful lol

Hey never fear, I'm sure there a black & ethnic society there you know,plus there's loads of black people in sheffield,well not loads but its not like every day you're gonna be like 'OMG OMG A BLACK PERSON'.. i was like that when i went blackpool haha.
Tbh Im not sure if I'm gonna join the acs or anything like that because i don't wanna isolate myself from other people . But I do like a multicultural city , having lived in London most of my life . When I went on the open day I think I saw like 10 black people , so I hope that's not a bad omen .
Reply 128
Original post by RMW1994

Lool nope, I stayed indoors and witnessed the atrocious behaviour of several babarians tut tut :mob::ashamed:
Reply 129
Which day did you go on ? I went on the 29th of February and I loved the department and the uni .

Ohhh I went on the 15th of February and to my surprise I was the only black person amongst the offer holders present. I have friends of all races but that was slightly daunting.
Reply 130
Tbh Im not sure if I'm gonna join the acs or anything like that because i don't wanna isolate myself from other people . But I do like a multicultural city , having lived in London most of my life . When I went on the open day I think I saw like 10 black people , so I hope that's not a bad omen .

Nah I wouldn't join it but apparently like you dont have to be afro-caribbean to join it but you know like sheffield is a big city,well medium sized but just like london otherwise,prob not as diverse but you be like one from a handful,there will be plenty of people from loadsa backgrounds! And about the omen- not everyone went to your open day haha,dont panic :smile:

Lool nope, I stayed indoors and witnessed the atrocious behaviour of several babarians tut tut :mob::ashamed:

Haha i bet you only stayed indoors cause your parents wouldn't let you out :wink:
Original post by RMW1994
Nah I wouldn't join it but apparently like you dont have to be afro-caribbean to join it but you know like sheffield is a big city,well medium sized but just like london otherwise,prob not as diverse but you be like one from a handful,there will be plenty of people from loadsa backgrounds! And about the omen- not everyone went to your open day haha,dont panic :smile:

Haha i bet you only stayed indoors cause your parents wouldn't let you out :wink:

You guys got any idea of what societies you're going to join ?
Reply 132

Hmm well i like to sing/songwrite so maybe something along those lines..and maybe zumba society! And then prob the sociology society cause they go on like good nights out and stuff haha. what about you?
Reply 133
Original post by RMW1994

Haha nahh I actually stayed indoors because I thought everyone who actually participated in the looting was just scavenging :/
Reply 134

I actually haven't thought of that yet, although I do know I'm signing up for gym membership as soon as I land :biggrin:
Reply 135
Hey thought I should join in since I'm a firm Int.Relations and Politics xD Just like the guy above i'm hoping to join a gym as soon as I get there. :P I'm Sri Lankan and am from Italy :wink:
Reply 136
Original post by millo92
Hey thought I should join in since I'm a firm Int.Relations and Politics xD Just like the guy above i'm hoping to join a gym as soon as I get there. :P I'm Sri Lankan and am from Italy :wink:

Great minds think alike :wink:
Reply 137
I actually haven't thought of that yet, although I do know I'm signing up for gym membership as soon as I land :biggrin:

As soon as you land? lol,you planning on flying there are you :tongue:
Original post by RMW1994
Hmm well i like to sing/songwrite so maybe something along those lines..and maybe zumba society! And then prob the sociology society cause they go on like good nights out and stuff haha. what about you?

The econ society , the gentlemans society , American football and the labour youth one and anyone else that catches my eye .
Reply 139
The econ society , the gentlemans society , American football and the labour youth one and anyone else that catches my eye .

Oooh amazing, american football,you a big fan?

Latest

Trending

Trending