The Student Room Group

Can I still get into University without a Maths grade C?

Basically, I'm in college studying a Level 3 national diploma in business.
I'm expected to get a triple Distinction*
Although I have a Grade D In Maths.

However, I have a Level 2 functional skills in Maths, Adult Literacy and Numeracy tests at a pass and I have the option of taking a skills for life in college if it will aid my application more.

I want to apply for Brighton, Plymouth, Edinburgh and possibly Bournemouth...
Can someone help me?!

Is there anyway I could boost my application more and make it more desirable to the universities so my Maths won't be as noticeable?

I would retake if I could but the nearest place to retake near me is so hard to get to, especially in the evenings considering I don't drive either :frown:
Thank you!
Reply 1
I'd email the unis you want to apply for and ask if they'll accept adult numeracy as a replacement. I would consider resitting though.
Reply 2
I'm not 100% but it appears on most of the uni's i have looked at myself; maths at grade C is needed, i think you should check it out on UCAS.com to have a look and see if any of the universities you have listed either say it isn't needed or don't specify and then as the person above said, email the college/uni's directly. I also think the course you are planning on taking at university would alter weather or not the C really necessary.

the only other thing i would say is that it might be worth toughing it out and getting GCSE maths done, even if you can get into the uni without it, you may have difficulty finding a job as most (especialy jobs in business) ask for it.

hope this helps, and good luck!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending