The Student Room Group

Men of all ages ! What girly music do you listen to?

We've all had that moment when we hear a piece of music on TV or at a party and really enjoy it.

Then we realise who it's by... and we secretly download it to our iPods with the hope that no one will ever know.

The likes of Britney Spears and Beyonce.. I must admit, litter my iPod.

I can't help it.. I'm not proud of it, so I thought I'd admit it anonymously (kinda)

I have the occasional Shakira song.. Lana Del Ray (I have no shame associated with her), Cat Power (I'm proud about this one.. seriously check her out) and god.. Christina Perri.. *hangs head in shame*

Of course if you listen to Justin Bieber, One Direction and you are a straight male.. then 'come out' and say it

:P

A new question that has arisen : What constitutes as a girly song?
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I listen to Avril Lavigne.
Reply 2
Ok, I'll go first. I rather enjoy Marina and the Diamonds and Katie Melua, there I said it.
Reply 3
Original post by Jon25
I listen to Avril Lavigne.

Yeah.. I forgot about that one too.

I mean they're stupid songs.. with little meaning.. but they're also ridiculously catchy..
Reply 4
I'm a barbie giiiiiirl, in a barbie woooooorld!!!!!!
Reply 5
Am I the only male who knows who that's by? ^

It's Aqua btw :frown:
Katy Perry, Beyonce and Taylor Swift :biggrin:
Reply 7
Original post by sunexotic
Am I the only male who knows who that's by? ^

It's Aqua btw :frown:

I know it is by Aqua, it's just more fun to sing it out! It would have felt so much more boring to write "I like one song by Aqua"...
Reply 8
Fair enough

But tbf it's basically as if Aqua only ever made one song anyway.
Reply 9
I like No Doubt (especially their really early stuff).

Don't half mind cascada either.
I love Katy Perry. Teenage Dream is a great album.

I wanna see you peacock-cock-cock, your peacock-cock. :biggrin:

Oh, and I kinda like Lenka and Ingrid Michaelson.
(edited 11 years ago)
I'm not really sure what makes music 'girly' but I do enjoy the older Avril Lavagne albums, Norah Jones is brilliant and Amy MacDonald is good also.
Reply 12
Avril Lavigne, and i'm unsure if they count but S Club 7 and The Vengaboys? In short, i'm very camp.
Reply 13
Original post by sunexotic
Of course if you listen to Justin Bieber, One Direction and you are a straight male.. then 'come out' and say it

I see what you did there :rolleyes:
For me its Lana del rey and Marina & the diamonds :smile:
I'm a fan of hip-hop, but a song that always gets me is Hello - Martin Solveig
I once quite liked Miley Cyrus- 7 things :facepalm:
Reply 16
I'm surprised with the number of Avril Lavigne fans here..

In all honesty I've only heard the 'girlfriend' song by her.. and that's only because it's like the perfect pop song.

And is Lana Del Rey even girly?
I like a few Lady Gaga songs, and then stuff like Evanescence, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, within temptation. Girly by metal standards lol.
La Roux, Uffie, Gwen Steffani and some other random snippets of cheesy femininity.
Reply 19
Talking about 'cheesy femininity'

No one's mentioned Adele yet...

Quick Reply

Latest