The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Eve 58
Good morning all - Really enjoyed meeting everyone yesterday (despite TSR curse of bad back and very painful leg). I really would like to meet up again to catch up with those I only briefly spoke to.
Maid Marian, Adelie, Commonliner and Galactica - really enjoyed our long chat.
Now have my elderly, frail Mother staying for a week and we are supposed to be going to Brighton today to watch my brother in a Vintage car rally. Will stoke up on the neurofen!

If any of you would like to see the pictures, a very kind chap took with my camera, please send me your private email and I will send them to you.

Have a good day and look forward to catching up on some good news here next week. :smile:

It was a great pleasure of having an interesting chat with you. How is your foot and back. Hope it goes well. Take as much rest as possible.
Original post by fyrecracker
You can park in the side roads near Bromley-by-Bow tube station on a Sunday for free .... the opposite side of the road (A12) to Three Mills, then just walk under the underpass. Dont park in the Tesco next door ... theyve got CCTV and you get fined if youre there for more than a couple of hours. Alternatively, you can park for free in the side streets around West Ham station on a saturday or sunday too ... and after 6pm weekdays, then its just one stop on the jubilee line? xx

Thanks Fyrecracker. It really is quite easy for me to drive there but it was always a parking issue. Seems like it will be possible now for evenings and weekends. Hope the foot isn't so bad today and I'm really praying for good news this week for all of you still waiting.
Original post by commonliner
Just catching up with all new messages...you've been busy today!

I told a friend about our nice little meeting, and I must have come across as rather excited. She replied: "What will you do when it's all over? It'll be a shock!"
Valid question, I must say. In September, we'll probably need a self-help group, for example the 'Olympics Anonymous Performers' = OAP. Ah no, hold on...

OAP .... I like it! But we may all be feeling like OAPs once the rehearsals really kick in! I think we'll be feeling really down after all the excitement is over because it'll be almost one year of the most exciting roller-coaster ride any of us could have imagined, coming to a grinding halt. Therapy, self-help group could well be on the cards!!! But for now let's all enjoy this amazing ride - the best is yet to come!
Reply 5363
Original post by Mum of Students
OAP .... I like it! But we may all be feeling like OAPs once the rehearsals really kick in! I think we'll be feeling really down after all the excitement is over because it'll be almost one year of the most exciting roller-coaster ride any of us could have imagined, coming to a grinding halt. Therapy, self-help group could well be on the cards!!! But for now let's all enjoy this amazing ride - the best is yet to come!

Couldn't agree more! I think therapy will definitely be on the cards!
However, not one for rides as such, am enjoying this one immensely :smile:
Original post by galactica2009
Likewise Adelie. I were touched and overwhelmed of getting moral support from each individuals of wishing me while being on reserve. We are a family with true fighting spirits of eternal flame that is burning inside us to perform at the olympics:smile:

Well said Galactica.
It was a delight to meet you on Saturday. I am completely non-plussed as to why you haven't been cast (yet) Fingers crossed for all who are waiting. This is the week I'm sure......................
Morning everyone
I need help
I still can't except my offer
Iv tried the number on here goes to answer phone , Iv tried to email the cast coordinated comes back returned and my accept link still won't work

Any idea what to do next. Xx
Hi All
just an update from the cycling section - still absolutely nothing heard and still desperately hoping that every e-mail alert on my phone will bring good news !!!

congratulations to all those who have heard they are in - Ive never met you and have no idea who you are but just thinking about your happiness brings tears to my eyes !!

last week before easter now so surely (hopefully!) everything must get sorted this week.
Original post by Martelldance
Morning everyone
I need help
Iv tried the number on here goes to answer phone , Iv tried to email the cast coordinated comes back returned and my accept link still won't work

Keep 'phoning - I remember getting answerphone but kept trying and got through to a person. 02012 402040 seems to be the number however there is a 02012 402128 that you could try, also a switchboard number that might be helpful 02032 012000. Are you sure that the 'accept' button did not work, because I seem to recall that nothing appeared to happen when I clicked it, but when I hit it again a message did pop up to say I had already accepted? Good luck - if they are having tech problems then it won't just be you so I wouldn't worry.
:call2::call::call2::call::call2::call::call2::call::call2::call::call2::call::call2::call::call2::call:
Morning everyone
I need help

They do get back to you, usually quite promptly, if you leave your number on the answerphone, because I've called them a few times. If you've not heard anything by the end of the day I'd ring them again making sure you leave your contact details and a clear message.
Original post by davelobley
Hi All
just an update from the cycling section - still absolutely nothing heard and still desperately hoping that every e-mail alert on my phone will bring good news !!!

congratulations to all those who have heard they are in - Ive never met you and have no idea who you are but just thinking about your happiness brings tears to my eyes !!

last week before easter now so surely (hopefully!) everything must get sorted this week.

Thank you for such kind words. You are in good company here. We are all desperately hoping and praying that this week will be the week that all the 'not heards' and 'reserves' will hear good news. Come to our next meet-up - I'm sure they'll be one!
Morning everyone
I need help

Hi Martelldance. we've had similar problems. Have sent the hard copy off today recorded delivery. The occ80 email is the one that we used previously successfully to contact the previous co ordinator Helen. Try typing it in yourself rather than using the link (the link seems to convert the email to occ72 which gets returned). I've sent two emails to occ80 that have not come back, but I am still waiting to hear from them. :s-smilie:
Martelldance,

You are not alone!!! mine did the same the link has some sort of problem, when I scanned my forms and emailed them to the address on my offer, I put in 24point
"I ACCEPT THE OFFER" and explained that my link had not worked,

I eventually got through on the normal casting number and the person I spoke said that I should be ok because I stated on my email what had happened.

But I am still a bit twitchy and wont be happy until someone can look me up on the system and tell me that I am accepted pending security stuff.

so I shall keep calling

:badger:
Reply 5372
Morning everyone
I need help

A lot on here sent their acceptances by registered or recorded mail. Better chance of phone being answered in the morning, I found. :crossedf:
Original post by MsIs
A lot on here sent their acceptances by registered or recorded mail.:crossedf:

Just to cover yourself I'd recommend posting your acceptance to them marked for the attention of your Cast Co-Ordinator(s) with a follow-up email informing them that you've posted it (include the scanned pdf version of your forms to your email as well). Send the forms registered or recorded delivery but not by ordinary post. Give it a week and if you've still not heard in relation to the confirmation of your acceptance, follow it up with a phone call.

I know all this is probably extreme but it's best to cover all bases - even if it means them receiving your paperwork twice!
Reply 5374
I wonder if Jack thinks he's playing solo at the Opening Ceremony?
It was nice meeting you all who came to stratford for our meeting up. I had a lovely time even though i left early.

Hope to see you all again.

hope will be able to see our photo -JL
Reply 5376
Original post by Concord

Without wishing to come over all curmudgeonly, this is symptomatic of the dilution of journalistic quality which has been ushered in with the arrival of the internet.

In their haste to get a story into the public eye, previously revered institutions like the BBC have surrendered the process of fact checking, veracity of source and contextualisation (not to mention spelling, grammar and syntax).

Hence we end up with this sort of nonsense as 'breaking news'
Hi guys,

Do you think I should stop hoping to get a cast offer email or are they late on the offers? I am starting to giving up on my hopes... Too bad really it would have been an amazing experience... x
Original post by Concord

I don't get it :confused: WHERE does it say that he'll be playing solo? Or is "Jack" (or the reporter) assuming that he'll be playing solo?

A drumming friend of mine recently announced that he received a Cast Offer to drum in both the opening and closing ceremonies of the Olympics. Took many of us who know him pleasantly by surprise because he kept absolutely quiet about attending the auditions in the first place.
Original post by Petitsyeuxbleus
Hi guys,

Do you think I should stop hoping to get a cast offer email or are they late on the offers? I am starting to giving up on my hopes... Too bad really it would have been an amazing experience... x

When was your audition?

Latest