The Student Room Group

Dentistry Interviews 2012 entry

Scroll to see replies

Liverpool Rejection too :frown:
For those of you looking for accomodation in Newcastle, do we only get 3 choices to put down on the form?
Reply 3942
Liverpool rejection. Bring on the Gap year! I am determined as ever :P
Original post by conjepense
liverpool rejection. after 2 years of trying im out.

Today, is obviously Liverpool rejection day :/ Haven't heard of one offer being given out today. It's disgracefull they make you wait till last to be told. You wait all that time, just to get a slap in the face. It's bad form in my opinion.

To Conjepense. I'm so sorry, I really haven't got any words of comfort that will actually help you feel any better. All i can say is, my mother has a saying. That "everything happens for a reason" it helped me alot when i had my rejections last year. Obviously this time is worse and you must feel terrible. But a bit of faith in fate and destiny can sometimes be very helpfull i think :smile:

But remember, this isn't a reflection on you. As much as it might feel like it is. All this does is show that you're obviously amazing, committed and an extremely intelligent and strong willed person. If the universities can't see that. It their problem. I Hate hate hate the saying "it's their loss" makes me cringe whenever i hear it. But i will say that, perhaps thinking like that might help :smile:

As other people have mentioned. This isn't the end. There are graduate entry programmes and foreign universities. Whatever happens, i wish you all the luck in the world. I know talking about it is probably the last thing you want to do but... If you fancy a chat about anything. There are plenty of us here and i know i'd be willing to lend a sympathetic ear. Keep your chin up, and head high! No one mediocre even attempts dentistry so you're destined for great things somewhere. That much i'm sure of :smile: <3
Liverpool rejection :frown: kept me waiting since the middle of November for that! :/ but well done to all of those with offers! And to those without, it will get better, you just have to keep trying and stay positive. If you have exams, just smash them and practice the ukcat stuff and I know you'll all be fine! None of you are alone!

I was told by the old admissions tutor from Bristol that I met on work exp that most of the time, it's not even down to the wrong grades or work exp etc. because if you're even seriously applying for dentistry, you are already amazing anyway. He said to me that it has to come down to stupid things in the end because everyone is good enough really :smile: so keep your heads held high and good luck! X
Reply 3945
Original post by Kartace
Today, is obviously Liverpool rejection day :/ Haven't heard of one offer being given out today. It's disgracefull they make you wait till last to be told. You wait all that time, just to get a slap in the face. It's bad form in my opinion.

Its sad to see so many people getting Liverpool rejections, but rather than being negative and saying its 'disgraceful', surely suggests the competition was so fierce that they required so much time to decide who to take because of the caliber of applicants :smile:
Reply 3946
Original post by D4rth
Congratulations on getting in! I'm in year 12 right now and I'm going to be applying for dentistry, do you know why you were rejected? I know that sometimes they won't say but was it due to grades, work experience, or the fact that its really competitive?

I think last year although i had 2 interviews, i was still lacking quite a bit in voluntary work. This year i had 4 interviews (probably due to the voluntary work i added to my PS) and got 3 rejections post iv. I dont know why/how i didnt perform so well at interviews, or maybe i did but it was just so competitive.

Hope that helps x :smile:
Original post by Hamzah_lion
yeah definately lad dont worry! whatever happens happens for a reason , try dentistry in valencia or prague , theyre both internationally renowned uni;s! ull deffo get into that! but dont be upset mate , keep smiling! your obviously very smart , ull succeed in whatever u plan to do , optometry is tops too !

Valencia want £16K per year just for fees.
Original post by aqua05
omg :frown:
So sorry to hear that ! Did you apply to another country for dentistry? If not, you can apply somewhere else where there is dentistry.. if you are really passionate about it, you should just do it somewhere else. I pray that you get somewhere. Dont lose hope & be strong.

If you are deciding on to choosing another course, then i think you should go for optometry.. My mates loving it!.. try it out in clearing.. or waiit..what did you put as your 5th option ?

Don't worry, everything will get okay.. i really hope & pray that you succeed in whatever you do.

Thank u, that really means a lot. I have realised that this was simply not meant to be and has happened for a reason... But thankfully i can walk way saying that i tried absolutely everything. Now that I know there is nothing else i could have done and hand on my heart i say that, i know that it was simply not meant to be for me. All i want is success, and if dentistry is not the way and there is another way then so be it...

thanks again for being concerned, and i am truly happy u have got an offer/offers for dentistry! guaranteed u and every one else who has applied deserves it because it is bloody well tough to get into! :tongue:
Original post by Kartace

To Conjepense. I'm so sorry, I really haven't got any words of comfort that will actually help you feel any better. All i can say is, my mother has a saying. That "everything happens for a reason" it helped me alot when i had my rejections last year. Obviously this time is worse and you must feel terrible. But a bit of faith in fate and destiny can sometimes be very helpfull i think :smile:

But remember, this isn't a reflection on you. As much as it might feel like it is. All this does is show that you're obviously amazing, committed and an extremely intelligent and strong willed person. If the universities can't see that. It their problem. I Hate hate hate the saying "it's their loss" makes me cringe whenever i hear it. But i will say that, perhaps thinking like that might help :smile:

As other people have mentioned. This isn't the end. There are graduate entry programmes and foreign universities. Whatever happens, i wish you all the luck in the world. I know talking about it is probably the last thing you want to do but... If you fancy a chat about anything. There are plenty of us here and i know i'd be willing to lend a sympathetic ear. Keep your chin up, and head high! No one mediocre even attempts dentistry so you're destined for great things somewhere. That much i'm sure of :smile: <3

thank u for ur kind advice and concern, it really does mean a lot to me and i know u r a gap year student so exactly how long this whole process has been! yeah like ur mother said everything does happen for a reason its just important to try everything in your power to achieve something and if u still dont get it then as much as i have had the habit of doing this in the past i realise i cannot blame myself. i have had rejection after rejection improving and trying another strategy each time... so i know i did all i could!
like i said in another post, all i want is success sure i believed dentistry was the profession that well suited me but its not the end of the world... hopefully il get success elsewhere... providing there are no interviews lol jk :P
really well done for getting an offer this year, its the best reward after a long gap year!!!! :smile:
Hey!!!

http://www.facebook.com/groups/2012....group_activity

I'm currently a 1st year at Manchester, my friends and I have made a group for you lot on facebook!! If you have any questions about the course, exams, accommodation, city and obviously the night life then join this group and fire away! It will also be a good chance to meet your future course mates. We had a similar group and it proved successful so we thought we would carry on the tradition!

P.S BSc Oral Health Sciences can also join this group! We <3 BSc

Amo Landa (1st year BDS)
i reckon someone should make on of those groups for all barts applicants, so we know who to hopefully expect there next year
Original post by afshan93
i reckon someone should make on of those groups for all barts applicants, so we know who to hopefully expect there next year

Kartace has
hey there,
just wondering if someone can help me find out if I can ensure if Dentistry is for me :smile: I enjoyed my work experience, but often I prefer to have an insight into the theory stuff too, as at the end of the day I'll be studying it at Uni. Some of my friends have watched lectures in Maths, Chemistry etc on youtube, but there aren't any for dentistry, just wondering if any dental student or if anyone else has any resources I could see.
thanks in advance
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3955
Original post by afshan93

Here you go:
http://www.facebook.com/groups/327790830610743/
Any pooled Newcastle applicants heard yet? Good or Bad? On my email they said we would here mid March to the end of March. They seem to be taking forever! :confused:
Reply 3958
Original post by SpeedyDrill
Denistry group?

Oh, sorry I didn't make that clear. Yeah it's a group for people holding offers at Barts for dentistry :smile:
Original post by Q.T
Oh, sorry I didn't make that clear. Yeah it's a group for people holding offers at Barts for dentistry :smile:

I know it's a Dentistry group, I just anally pointed out the typo error [it says Denistry, not Dentistry]. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest