The Student Room Group

2012 Medicine Re-Applicants Mark I

Scroll to see replies

Original post by laurenl93
So yeah yesterday I was just minding my own business at work, doing worky things, and a patient put poo on my face. Poo.

HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN I WORK ON ORTHOPAEDICS I SHOULDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT KIND OF THING HAPPENING

OH and it was diarrhoea. Haha

I must admit that I did laugh at this.
Original post by -Taz-
OK i'm itching to put Newcastle (for biomed) as my firm choice

Is there anything i should check or make sure before i do so?

CHeck if Newcastle is awesome: it is :sexface:
Be sure that you could handle not gettin into medicine in the first year and the fact the course isn't actually accredited with the biomedical... People council thing

And after that, PARTY HARD IN GEORDIE LAND
Reply 5142
So yeah yesterday I was just minding my own business at work, doing worky things, and a patient put poo on my face. Poo.

HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN I WORK ON ORTHOPAEDICS I SHOULDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT KIND OF THING HAPPENING!

Well... **** happens!
Reply 5143
CHeck if Newcastle is awesome: it is :sexface:
Be sure that you could handle not gettin into medicine in the first year and the fact the course isn't actually accredited with the biomedical... People council thing

And after that, PARTY HARD IN GEORDIE LAND

Do you think the course not being accredited could hurt my chances if i were to apply for graduate-entry medicine?
(edited 11 years ago)

HOW CAN THAT HAPPEN I WORK ON ORTHOPAEDICS I SHOULDNT HAVE TO WORRY ABOUT THAT KIND OF THING HAPPENING!

how was the taste? :colone:
Original post by -Taz-
OK i'm itching to put Newcastle (for biomed) as my firm choice

Is there anything i should check or make sure before i do so?

Original post by -Taz-
Do you think the course not being accredited could hurt my chances if i were to apply for graduate-entry medicine?

it is accredited...download the link for courses accredited and newcastle is listed.

http://www.ibms.org/go/education-development/ibms-courses
Reply 5146
Original post by sweetchilli
it is accredited...download the link for courses accredited and newcastle is listed.

http://www.ibms.org/go/education-development/ibms-courses

Just checked, it says Newcastle in the city column but its referring to Northumbria university
Original post by -Taz-
Just checked, it says Newcastle in the city column but its referring to Northumbria university

oops never noticed that sorry. Strange that Newcastle wouldn't be accredited.
Reply 5148
Original post by -Taz-
Hi everyone :biggrin:

Not sure if anyone remembers me, but i'm a reapplicant. I sort of fell off the radar a few months ago and stopped posting here, but i followed this thread to about the end of 2011 :colondollar:

Just had a look through the past few pages and it's really good to see some of the people i remember now have offers and will be medical students in September. Congrats to you guys :cool:

Unfortunately i'm not going to be one of them though, i've got all medicine rejections now, but hey at least i have 2 Biomed offers (UEA offered me biomed after rejecting me for medicine).

So the question now is, which to accept... Newcastle or UEA for biomed? Which one would you guys go for?

I'm still really keen to medicine at some point though. Does anyone know much about postgraduate finance for a medicine degree?

I'd go for Newcastle, UEA seems a bit dull in honesty and Newcastle probably has a higher rating
Reply 5149
Original post by twelve
Love the new signature :wink:

judging from your status i'm guessing you got in? CONGRATZ!
Reply 5150
Original post by sweetchilli
oops never noticed that sorry. Strange that Newcastle wouldn't be accredited.

It is a bit i suppose :smile: I noticed Manchester isn't either

Accepted Newcastle now :biggrin: Cannot wait, even if it isn't my first preference of course
Reply 5151
Original post by dmz
I'd go for Newcastle, UEA seems a bit dull in honesty and Newcastle probably has a higher rating

Have done :banana:
Those of you that didn't get in, try starting a course and applying in the first year.
Original post by -Taz-
Have done :banana:

Good stuff! Hope you enjoy it!
Reply 5154
Original post by dmz
judging from your status i'm guessing you got in? CONGRATZ!

Yessss demi, long time no see!

And yes I did :biggrin::biggrin: I actually jumped up and down when I looked at track. Followed by checking it over and over to make sure I hadn't misread it.
Original post by twelve

And yes I did :biggrin::biggrin: I actually jumped up and down when I looked at track. Followed by checking it over and over to make sure I hadn't misread it.

I did that aswell! When I checked it at work and saw unconditional, I didn't tell any family until I got home and could double check cause the words unconditional and unsuccessful are too similar for my liking :erm: :laugh:
Reply 5156
Original post by twelve

haha still remember me then :tongue:, i know, how's your gap year going?

Haha sounds awesome, WELL DONE! Dr D :wink:
Reply 5157
Original post by dmz
haha still remember me then :tongue:, i know, how's your gap year going?

Haha sounds awesome, WELL DONE! Dr D :wink:

Its alrightttt, pretty boring tbh.

Filling my time with working, visiting friends at their unis (just warming up for freshers :P) and trying to plan good stuff to do in the summer. Unfortunately I'm the only one with any money to do anything :frown: Although I'm going Leeds festivalllllll :biggrin:

How is Leeds treating you? By your statuses on facebook, I'm guessing alright?
Original post by Quackers93
I did that aswell! When I checked it at work and saw unconditional, I didn't tell any family until I got home and could double check cause the words unconditional and unsuccessful are too similar for my liking :erm: :laugh:

This! Especially when it's sandwiched in-between two unsuccessfuls. :sigh:

Now UCAS and King's have sent the confirmation letters I can finally relax a bit more. It's so awesome knowing that for the rest of the summer I don't have to worry about any exams and can enjoy myself.
Reply 5159
Original post by twelve
Its alrightttt, pretty boring tbh.

Filling my time with working, visiting friends at their unis (just warming up for freshers :P) and trying to plan good stuff to do in the summer. Unfortunately I'm the only one with any money to do anything :frown: Although I'm going Leeds festivalllllll :biggrin:

How is Leeds treating you? By your statuses on facebook, I'm guessing alright?

It's nearly over :h:

That was exactly the same with me, the money will come in handy for booze filled weeks though! Sounds good, I'm hoping to go around europe a bit if i get the money

Yea, it's been pretty sweet tbh, exams in a few weeks so need to get serious now but it's definitely been the best time of my life :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest