The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dalek1099
I thought the 11th doctor and supreme dalek relationship was intense and VOTD was very good and i agree i would like the adventure to be better than that because it will then be more enjoyable but VOTD was great so it will be quite hard to beat(my 8th favourite Matt Smith story).

By intense, I meant how 10 always seemed to get more determined to defeat the daleks where as at the end of "victory to the daleks", 11 let them get away which is more of a script error than anytime.

I hope the daleks will be more well dalek and the doctor will be more time lord this time. Last time, the daleks acted very oddly (using a robot with "feelings", retreating, falling for the doctors tricks) and although I know that was all scriptual for the plot to work, it seemed silly. Their plan also seemed flimsy and quite easily undone by amy. Supposing to be one of the smartest and dangerous aliens in the universe, this didn't fit. I suppose a longer or faster paced story may help this time though.

And maybe this can make the doctor more serious. I though that 11's finest hour was "day of the moon" as he had a plan that at the end you could see was not only clever but well organised. In "victory of the daleks", he seemed much more erratic and just the weaker opponent. Using a jammie dodger on the most powerful creatures in exsistence? Falling for their plan to use him to regenerate them? Letting them get away? I know the majority of these are script errors but it was so out of character.

Plus last time the companions were sidelined. I wasn't that bothered but I feel they could play to this. How will each of them react differently to the daleks? Although if they are in the opener, I wonder if they will have more than one apperence in series 7.
Original post by elitepower
By intense, I meant how 10 always seemed to get more determined to defeat the daleks where as at the end of "victory to the daleks", 11 let them get away which is more of a script error than anytime.

I hope the daleks will be more well dalek and the doctor will be more time lord this time. Last time, the daleks acted very oddly (using a robot with "feelings", retreating, falling for the doctors tricks) and although I know that was all scriptual for the plot to work, it seemed silly. Their plan also seemed flimsy and quite easily undone by amy. Supposing to be one of the smartest and dangerous aliens in the universe, this didn't fit. I suppose a longer or faster paced story may help this time though.

And maybe this can make the doctor more serious. I though that 11's finest hour was "day of the moon" as he had a plan that at the end you could see was not only clever but well organised. In "victory of the daleks", he seemed much more erratic and just the weaker opponent. Using a jammie dodger on the most powerful creatures in exsistence? Falling for their plan to use him to regenerate them? Letting them get away? I know the majority of these are script errors but it was so out of character.

Plus last time the companions were sidelined. I wasn't that bothered but I feel they could play to this. How will each of them react differently to the daleks? Although if they are in the opener, I wonder if they will have more than one apperence in series 7.

11 seemed more determined to defeat the daleks-you obviously didn't understand why he couldn't stop them escaping.The bomb was only used by the daleks to escape,they weren't too bothered about earth's fate.10 was angered by the other 10 committing genocide in Journey's End-so not to determined to rid the universe of them.11 was more like 9,who absolutely hated them.
has everyone heard the news that several different versions of Dalek are going to appear in the new Series 7 story?,as revealed by on set pictures and to link with this exciting announcement i want to inform you, if you didn't already know,that there is a special fan-made game called Dalektron,that features different versions of daleks from different eras and the game is very exciting and worth a play and the game will really get you geared up for the new series,in Autumn,if you want to play the game just type Dalektron into Google.

I am so pleased that the Daleks are coming back because they are so great-especially there voices,who couldn't love the supreme dalek and doctor speech in Victory of the Daleks and how the supreme dalek says Doctor?and they should have been in Series 6 because they already had a two year gap between Series 4 and Series 5 and the daleks could have really helped boost Series 6 because it was a lot worse than Series 5 and i hope Moffat corrects himself and produces a seri8es more like series 5 than series 6 and i am upset that Moffat has decided to cut two parters because although they can be extremely slow-they often help increase the tension and make the adventure more epic and action packed.

I agree, it will be a shame if there are no two-parters. Has Moffat actually confirmed there are no two-parters this series?
Original post by Invisible Man
I agree, it will be a shame if there are no two-parters. Has Moffat actually confirmed there are no two-parters this series?

he said there are currently no plans for a two parter-i hope he changes his mind.
Awesome promo picture from Series 33,Episode 1,which features the daleks's return and hopefully they will win again!!!
classicdalek.jpg
Awesome promo picture from Series 33,Episode 1,which features the daleks's return and hopefully they will win again!!!
classicdalek.jpg

Even better, its the 60's daleks! So looking forward to watching them. Maybe they can destroy the abominations that are Moffat's daleks. :wink:
Original post by mahjongmagic
Even better, its the 60's daleks! So looking forward to watching them. Maybe they can destroy the abominations that are Moffat's daleks. :wink:

Moffat's daleks are exciting and colourful.What is wrong with colour on daleks?I love the new daleks they looked so powerful,dangerous and god like.
The coloured daleks looked ridiculous and I prefer to pretend that episode doesn't exist. :colonhash:
Moffat's daleks are exciting and colourful.What is wrong with colour on daleks?I love the new daleks they looked so powerful,dangerous and god like.

Nothing wrong with colour, but the Moffat Daleks in my opinion, weren't as threatening as other Daleks. Maybe more screen time would have improved my opinion but I'm just not convinced.
Well, all the Daleks, good and bad designs, will be in the new series. So, yno, you'll see the bad ones but not for very long.

Though the Skittle Daleks will probably be the main antogonists.
The first thing I thought when Moffat's Daleks came on was:

(edited 12 years ago)
Fail. I'm guessing you meant the colourful rats in Brazil though?
I would say Moffat's colored Daleks are his biggest blunder so far in his time in charge. I hope they permanently get wrote out of the series in the upcoming Dalek Story.
We haven't seen the coloured Daleks do anything. They look a bit silly, but give them an episode ffs.

I mean, they have sort of beaten the Doctor once already.
Original post by Invisible Man
I would say Moffat's colored Daleks are his biggest blunder so far in his time in charge. I hope they permanently get wrote out of the series in the upcoming Dalek Story.

Oh they'll always be back. Always, it's like an annoying, fly, no matter how many times you hit it, it just comes back. To be honest I still like the Daleks and will give the new ones a chance. Who knows maybe they can beat the Doctor again and then it would be interesting.
Am I the only one that thinks the Daleks are just totally outdated now? The teletubby redesign really did nothing to convince me that they could possibly be scary. I fully support the idea of the new series referring to and drawing heavily on the old series, but some things have to be let go...
Getting rid of the Doctor's greatest nemesis? Yeah, that'll work.
There's a difference between getting rid of them and not wheeling them out once per series - it's become a hackneyed cliche now, which it shouldn't be, because they weren't a cliche in the old series. It would be more faithful to the originals to have them appear only occasionally, so that at least it wouldn't be quite so predictable.
Reply 7498
Pretty terrible greatest nemesis when he beats them every time without breaking stride :dontknow:

I really don't see how they were meant to defeat the time lords in the time war ad they come across as a moronic race with absolutely no 'powers' beyond an invulnerable-ish shell.
Reply 7499
anyone know when the next series is starting?

Latest