The Student Room Group

Medicine Offers Discussion Thread 2012 Entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Braddd
Thanks :smile: I'm the opposite as I'd prefer to live in Glasgow over Aberdeen.

Yeah, the fact that everything was all on one campus really appealed to me. There's so many aspects of the course that I like.

This really is gonna be a difficult decision. I'd rather study in Aberdeen but I'd rather live in Glasgow...

Edit: 'Please rate some other members before rating this member again.' Oh...

I think my mind is pretty much made up...think I'll firm Aberdeen some point this weekend.

Where do you think you'll choose then?

And haha, I always get that message, I blatantly rep too much :frown:
Reply 221
Fear of sounding slightly thick here but do you really need to buy a stethoscope for your first year?
Original post by laurenl93
Lmao I'm a fellow "perv on all doctors stethoscopes at work to get an idea of its colour in real life and narrow my choices down". Its become almost an automatic reaction now when a new doctor comes on the ward...
Why would you need an Easter egg mould? Are you making your own?
An god has cutlery and different mugs always been this exciting?!?

Hmm... Do you reckon that's med school speak for 'pbl but not fully committing to call it that'?
Hmm well one of the F1's at work has a one which I suspect to be 'Caribbean blue' and another one had a maroony one that I liked... So I'm not sure. You?
When do you think is the right time to start buying all that stuff? I'm too excited now :frown:

i dont think aberdeen are pbl-y anyway, shall find out in september anyway :tongue:
carribean blue sounds nice. i'm not sure, probably some sort of blue or green one. No idea, summer maybe? and yeah same, far too keen :tongue:
Reply 223
Original post by laurenl93
Lmao I'm a fellow "perv on all doctors stethoscopes at work to get an idea of its colour in real life and narrow my choices down". Its become almost an automatic reaction now when a new doctor comes on the ward...
Why would you need an Easter egg mould? Are you making your own?
An god has cutlery and different mugs always been this exciting?!?

Haha, its true. And looking at what they wear... even on placements I'll have such a dilemma about clothes choices!

I am making my own, its soo much fun :biggrin: And I get to finish off any melted chocolate I may happen to have left over after I've finished... Haha, I'm sure it hasn't, but it really is now. And looking at my own sets of towels and a bath mat and toothbrush holder and stuff woooo :biggrin:

Original post by Jamal B
Fear of sounding slightly thick here but do you really need to buy a stethoscope for your first year?

Haha, no, but its too much fun choosing it...

Maybe we're all just more keen than you are :P
Reply 224
Haha, no, but its too much fun choosing it...

Maybe we're all just more keen than you are :P

Going for a Welch Allyn obviously :P I jest, I'm not a complete idiot... I'm feeling Black, Navy, Burgundy or Hunter Green myself.
Original post by Jamal B
I'm feeling Black, Navy, Burgundy or Hunter Green myself.

Awesome colours!! :zomg: :gah:
Reply 226
Original post by ViceVersa
Awesome colours!! :zomg: :gah:

You have good taste, I wonder if you can mix and match colours on the same 'scope...
Reply 227
Original post by Jamal B
Going for a Welch Allyn obviously :P I jest, I'm not a complete idiot... I'm feeling Black, Navy, Burgundy or Hunter Green myself.

Not flourescent orange?

Nahh, I want something nice, but subtle. I just keep thinking of that junior doctors one who everyone made fun of because of her pink stethoscope.
Reply 228
Original post by twelve
Not flourescent orange?

Nah, with my complexion, it just doesn't work at. all.
I've spent ages trying to pick a good stethoscope colour... But it's so hard!! :tongue:
I'm thinking a dark purple type colour, I'd like to be a bit girly but 'professional' :wink:
Reply 230
People are picking stethoscope colours already? :eek:
Original post by modini
People are picking stethoscope colours already? :eek:

People have to do something to pass the time before med school starts eh :wink:
Reply 232
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

Yeah I guess so.

I'll go for camo then :y:
Original post by Penguinsaysquack

pretty much :colone:

honestly don't know how i'm gonna spend the time from now til september, especially when i don't even have the constant refreshing of emails to pass the time, gah my life is so boring!
Reply 234
Looking at raspberry, ceil blue or red for my steth. Would really like a raspberry but don't want to be the medical student that gets picked on because of her "unprofessional" coloured steth :colondollar:

I really need something to do between now till Sept too, I hope that time can fast-forward itself! Should get a part-time job soon.

To pass time for now, what sports/clubs you guys thinking of joining? :colone: *Rushes off to medsoc websites*
Original post by Ergo
Looking at raspberry, ceil blue or red for my steth. Would really like a raspberry but don't want to be the medical student that gets picked on because of her "unprofessional" coloured steth :colondollar:

I really need something to do between now till Sept too, I hope that time can fast-forward itself! Should get a part-time job soon.

To pass time for now, what sports/clubs you guys thinking of joining? :colone: *Rushes off to medsoc websites*

All this talk of stethoscopes is getting me excited!

I'm definitely going to join the ski/snowboard society. I'd also like to try out surfing- Aberdeen has the best of both worlds. :colone:
Reply 236
Original post by Ergo

Considering one or two sports ones, assuming the skill and fitness level goes down to "toddler" May even try to break into chess...
Original post by CocaineSquirrel

I'm definitely going to join the ski/snowboard society. I'd also like to try out surfing- Aberdeen has the best of both worlds. :colone:

aberdeen has surfing? haha awesome

imagine how cold it will be though :zomg:
Reply 238
Original post by CocaineSquirrel

Ooh Aberdeen. Still deciding on whether to firm them or not! Agree with atomos, the waters must be coooolllllddd.

Original post by Jamal B
Considering one or two sports ones, assuming the skill and fitness level goes down to "toddler" May even try to break into chess...

I'm considering doing a sport too. Probably badminton/basketball/hockey. Last time I did sports in school was when I was 11 :tongue:. So probably will belong to the unfit bunch as well.

Also planning to do some volunteering and drama :smile:
Reply 239
Original post by Ergo

I'm considering doing a sport too. Probably badminton/basketball/hockey. Last time I did sports in school was when I was 11 :tongue:. So probably will belong to the unfit bunch as well.

Good choices :L Last time I did hockey was in Year 8, hoping to get back into it. Fencing looks kinda fun I have to say.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending