The Student Room Group
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool

University of Liverpool Accommodation Thread

Scroll to see replies

I noticed that so many of the halls near the university are booked! :frown: I want en-suite under 100 pounds, those book fast. I want to go to Marybone Student Village now though, does anyone know about it? I heard United wasn't good. MSV is about a 30 min walk to campus 20 mins via bus, which doesn't bother me considering when I was living in NYC it took me a good 2 hours to get to school! Prospect Point has "limited availability", but not sure how lucky I’ll get with that. =)
Students in Lecture Theatre, University of Liverpool
University of Liverpool
Liverpool
Reply 421
I can suggest Opal Court, it's 10 minutes walk away from the campus and the rooms are really big, ensuite and nice, it's very close to the city centre and it has lidl, b&m bargains, branded bargains and tesco near it. I think it's £98-102, at least I'm paying £95 this year and I will recommend it. :smile:
Reply 422
Have they started giving out invites to apply yet? x
Reply 423
Original post by AngelaAysin
I noticed that so many of the halls near the university are booked! :frown: I want en-suite under 100 pounds, those book fast. I want to go to Marybone Student Village now though, does anyone know about it? I heard United wasn't good. MSV is about a 30 min walk to campus 20 mins via bus, which doesn't bother me considering when I was living in NYC it took me a good 2 hours to get to school! Prospect Point has "limited availability", but not sure how lucky I’ll get with that. =)

Marybone gives priority to John Moores University students, so you'd be lucky to get in there as a University of Liverpool student.

Unite (not United) is very expensive and a lot of the halls aren't in a particularly nice location, but they are en-suite and not too far from the University.

Prospect point has very few rooms for Uni of Liverpool students, as some of the rooms are assigned to staff at the hospital.

Have you tried the University halls up at Greenbank/Carnatic, as there are some en-suite rooms there, in addition some of the halls on the university campus have one bathroom to two rooms, so practically en suite
Reply 424
Original post by Kay44
Have they started giving out invites to apply yet? x

Ahh i'm waiting on this too.. so annoying! i hope its sooner in april rather than later x
Reply 425
I got my invite to apply for accommodation today,
Clicked the link to fill in the online application..
..."The SPIDER Web system is currently unavailable as the system is being updated."

Typical.
Original post by scouser_
I can suggest Opal Court, it's 10 minutes walk away from the campus and the rooms are really big, ensuite and nice, it's very close to the city centre and it has lidl, b&m bargains, branded bargains and tesco near it. I think it's £98-102, at least I'm paying £95 this year and I will recommend it. :smile:

Liberty park as well. That's fairly good too. Although Opal court is nearer.
Reply 427
Original post by bogus
I got my invite to apply for accommodation today,
Clicked the link to fill in the online application..
..."The SPIDER Web system is currently unavailable as the system is being updated."

Typical.

Totally. Mine said "an error occured. blaa blaa blaa" Maybe later, or tomorrow... Not like we're in a huge hurry :rolleyes:
Reply 428
Does anyone know whats going on with the accomodation? Getting the same

' The SPIDER Web system is currently unavailable as the system is being updated.

twbkwbis.P_FirstMenu'

I have emailed the spider web system people but I've heard no response yet
but i'm applying for the self catered ensuites and at the open day the woman said I have to apply as soon as possible if I wanted to get one so bit worried!

If any one has any news that would be great!
Reply 429
same thing is happening to me too!! so annoying i just want to apply! which halls are you applying for?
Reply 430
Well I'm applying for prospect point, vine court and Opal court but I'm abit worried as I've heard there quieter and what not but the other ones are too far out and I really want self catered ensuite, how about you?
Which is better Greenbank or Carnatic?? Im so stuck! What are the chances of getting en-suite?
Don't worry about applying for Halls too soon guys, they won't assign you a hall until you get your results in August and your offer has been confirmed anywya.
Got the email as well, I replied saying there's an issue and they said they are trying to fix it. Calm down guys it's happening to everyone!
Reply 434
im applying to vine court and then i think derby and rathbone
Reply 435
is opal court only suitable for post grads??
Reply 436
Yeah only post grads can apply for opal court
Reply 437
has anyone managed to get through yet?
Reply 438
I've got past the spider error page and onto adding details but not actually applying and they emaiLed me saying keep trying there fixing it now
Reply 439
Does everyone keep getting this message?

An Error Has Occurred
Aplogies, an error has occurred and has been logged. Please close your browser (including all tabs) and try again.

very annoying!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending