The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by youngzwavey
nope it's fine, if only i knew i could root back up then flash i'd have tried again sooner, out of interest what rom are you using, now i'm trying to find the best one for me

This one: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1502508&page=1

AOSP ICS loveliness. Go for Endymion if you want Sense with Android 2.3.5.
Original post by mikeyd85

thanks

for some reason i cant use titanium backup :s-smilie: it downloads but disappears so i cant open it, did u have the same problem?
for some reason i cant use titanium backup :s-smilie: it downloads but disappears so i cant open it, did u have the same problem?

:lolwut:

Can't say I have.

If you go in to Settings > Apps, is it listed in there at all?

Can't say I have.

yeah but for some reason there's no option to open it, just to uninstall :/ im stumped
yeah but for some reason there's no option to open it, just to uninstall :/ im stumped

Clear data, uninstall, reboot, reinstall. At least, that's what I'd do.

Can't say I have.

i think i know what it is, i just installed the premium one straight, i probably have to install the free version as well as thats the actual app *fingers crossed*

*edit* got it working *phhewww*
i think i know what it is, i just installed the premium one straight, i probably have to install the free version as well as thats the actual app *fingers crossed*

*edit* got it working *phhewww*

Haha! Ooops. I only ever use the free one. Premium is nice for when you're reinstalling apps. Much less ball ache.
Haha! Ooops. I only ever use the free one. Premium is nice for when you're reinstalling apps. Much less ball ache.

definitely, it broke my heart paying them £4.50 for a lil 80kb app but pressing install for 150+ each time i tried a new rom (5today) gave me nightmares lol, thanks for all the help, i love this ics rom
definitely, it broke my heart paying them £4.50 for a lil 80kb app but pressing install for 150+ each time i tried a new rom (5today) gave me nightmares lol, thanks for all the help, i love this ics rom

No worries.

If you've not got it - Beautiful Widgets is on GetJar (getjar.com - dl app from there) for free at the mo. Android Pro Widgets has widgets galore, though it's not free anywhere...legally...
Woop woop! Just got the ICS update on my HTC Sensation, downloading now :biggrin:
instagrams out for android, what a day
Reply 7172

I highly recommend Endymion as your main beginner ROM. Get used to it first, then experiment with ICS.

You can always do Nand restores.

@mikeyd85 I gave IceCold 7 a run today :smile:

Very nice, I love AOKP and the added tweaks. However,I don't think its stable enough for me yet... I had 4 random reboots/freezing. throughout my testing .
Original post by lohoj
Very nice, I love AOKP and the added tweaks. However,I don't think its stable enough for me yet... I had 4 random reboots/freezing. throughout my testing .

Fair enough. I've had a few apps freeze it, but they're normally games I've already played to death...
So root and install a custom ROM without the Voda bloat.

Wouldn't know where to start with that
Original post by TheCasual
Wouldn't know where to start with that

Would you like some guidance?
Anyone know any android coding here? Trying to do something in a relative layout and its doing my head in.
Original post by biffyclyro27
Woop woop! Just got the ICS update on my HTC Sensation, downloading now :biggrin:

I updated to ICS yesterday (HTC sensation), and its wiped my SD card. Did you find the same?
Thank God I have unlimited data: my phone has used around 200MB of data acting as a wireless hotspot for my laptop. Add that on to the 500 or so used when tethering, that's over 700MB.

Oops? :erm:
htc desire hd. does anyone have an official source that confirms when ice cream sandwich will be available for desire hd

Latest

Trending

Trending