Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Best staff discounts Watch

ReputationRep:
    If you work for Sk y you get free SkyTV (everything apart from line rental on phone, and any multirooms) after 13 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    I know someone that works at Royal Mail and while they don't get discounts, they do get the occasional lot of free stamps.

ReputationRep:
    anyone know about Tesco or McDonald's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bobbycrisp)
    anyone know about Tesco or McDonald's?
    McDonald's you get a discount card letting you have an extra value meal for £2.29 and breakfast for £1.99. They also have an online employee discount website and you get cashback from lots of places. Amazon, Topshop, New Look, Sainburys, Iceland and a lot more. I've saved £75 in the last year or so using it, and I'm not making the best use of it that I could be.

ReputationRep:
    Virgin Atlantic, can get on flights for about 80-90% off, that's huuuuuge savings!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooster523)
    NHS staff get 50% off of dominos and 20% off of Nandos

GETSUMMM
    haha the irony...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TattyBoJangles)
    My dad gets 40% off everything on ASOS. I'd say that's pretty damn good - for me, anyway :P

For part time work I think John Lewis / Waitrose offer among the best, although I can't remember what it is currently.
    You lucky lucky girl .

Republic do upto 50%, this was for my friend who was a part timer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GodAtum)
    Met Police (free travel anywhere within 70 miles of London). So a year season from brigton - london saves £4,644.00 .
    That's not the half of it. I imagine it's very similar to merseyside police which means you also get 50% off at dominos, 30% off krispy kreme, money off most cinemas and food chains, even money off retail outlets like next and argos.

I don't know whether they're staff discounts as such, but the benefits of a warrant card are huge. I doubt anything comes close.

ReputationRep:
    20% off in mothercare! ahaha, so useful considering i don't have a baby.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, a possible winner:
    several banks offer base rate mortgages to their employees. A few percentage points, sure, but on a huge sum of money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pride)
    haha the irony...
    It's brilliant haha! Almost as bad as McDonalds being the sponsors of the Olympic games

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rooster523)
    It's brilliant haha! Almost as bad as McDonalds being the sponsors of the Olympic games
    hehe ikr!

ReputationRep:
    WHSmith gives 15% discount on books and stationary, and 12.5% discount on entertainment and DVD's and things. Both only apply after 3 months of work there

Poll
How are you feeling about Results Day?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.