Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Guys: When did you start sleeping alone? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I was just thinking about this recently.

I started sleeping on my own very late (for various reasons). By "sleeping alone", I mean, sleeping on your own room. Ie, not with your parents or whoever who brought you up.

This is a bit of a weird thread

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hood_Man)
    Cool

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, i think i was 9 as well actually.

ReputationRep:
    How old were you tobe?

ReputationRep:
    Well, I had to share a room with a brother until I was 12 so it took a long time.

ReputationRep:
    I can't remember the exact age, but it was early. I remember other people breathing next to me made me want to strangle them. It still annoys me. They may secretly be awake and plotting against me, so I sleep with one eye open.

My brother though still sleeps in our mum's bed, partly because at first there weren't enough beds in the house. He's 18 in a few days. If he doesn't start regularly using his own bed he's gonna go MJ and never be master of his own fate.

ReputationRep:
    When do you start primary school? I think it was a year or two before that. Really can't remember though

ReputationRep:
    Must be different for girls because I'm sure I've been sleeping alone since birth

ReputationRep:
    We had limited rooms in my old house, so i had to share with my Brother.

But when we moved house when i was 9, i got my own room.

ReputationRep:
    I was about 8 because I had to share a room with my brother, but my parents converted the attic into a bedroom for my brother. Problem was, the entrance to the attic was in my room.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    In my own room when I was about 3, I think :erm:

Until then I used to sleep in a cot in my parents' room

ReputationRep:
    I shared with my sister until my brother could sleep in a proper bed, then I shared with him until I went to uni at 19. Fun times.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    When I was six my little brother came along so he moved into the bedroom with my middle brother and I got pushed out into the study.

ReputationRep:
    always slept on my own assumed this was normal guess not
    unless We visited family or friends and they didn't have spare rooms for each of us

of course I know some share with brothers and sisters but the OP doesn't ask that so sleeping with your parents until 9 or something is a little strange.

ReputationRep:
    I was 16. Looking at some people's answers, I realize it wasn't a great deal

I had my very own bunk bed, so I started sleeping on my own in my big-girl bed at a very young age :teeth:

ReputationRep:
    I thought OP meant parents/guardians and not siblings. I've slept without my parents from 6months

ReputationRep:
    I have a really small house with quite a lot of people.. I shared with my sister till I was 17? 18?

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources
Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.