The Student Room Group

I am so UNfit

Scroll to see replies

You need to start somewhere. Stick at it and within a month you'll notice an improvement. :smile:

EDIT:
Original post by Dragonfly07
I used to have the same problem. Most people have the same problem but for different reasons - they're too fat rather than too skinny. I can tell you now that the responses that tell you to "keep at it" and you'll do better are plain false. The reason you can't keep up is to do with lack of energy, not lack of physical training - I know because I was in the same shoes as you. I pushed myself so hard I literally fainted at exercise classes and I still saw no improvements.

Put lots of effort into eating well and gaining weight - otherwise getting fit will be incredibly difficult.

Actually when I read this thread, what you said immediately sprung to mind that she wasn't getting enough energy. But I didn't want to presume and just thought she was eating normal. OP take this advice, however i would still suggest to stick at it. If you are not used to exercising then no matter how much energy you have your body will still not be as fit as it could be.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by HFerguson
whats your diet like? maybe you're anaemic

there is no typical day, so I don't have a particular diet. On some days I empty the fridge, on others I eat a bowl of something.
What's an anaemic person?
Original post by itzme
there is no typical day, so I don't have a particular diet. On some days I empty the fridge, on others I eat a bowl of something.
What's an anaemic person?

Anaemia is when you're iron deficient. It will mean that your blood isn't as efficient as it should be at carrying oxygen, meaning you'll feel tired and sluggish all the time and could even faint or feel faint, suffer from shortness of breath on exertion or during exercise. It will also mean that exercise is very difficult and fatiguing. It can often be caused by a dietary deficiency and/or heavy periods in girls, but there are also other less common causes.
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest