The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Ran for 2.5km without stopping for the first time ever! So happy with myself :smile: It was only on 8km/hr but going to keep at it :smile: also did 5k on the bike and 1km on the crosstrainer :woo:

Still haven't had the chance to weigh myself, going to do it ASAP
Original post by Yellow-nutshell
Happy Birthday!

What samples did you get?

[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];36988172']Happy birthday :biggrin:

---

Back from work and all I want to do is EAT. Had carrot sticks with reduced fat hummus, and a ryvita with salsa so far. Dinner won't be until at least 7.30 :s-smilie:

Original post by xoxAngel_Kxox
Happy birthday IndieBooHoo!

No calories left for a snack this evening. Would normally say sod it and eat a few more, but with Easter next week and the anticipation of LOTS of chocolate, I just can't afford to eat more than I should be doing this week. So I'm going to behave myself and be good!

Awwww :cute: thanks everyone

Yellow Nutshell I got all different types of flavours so if I like it I will get it again.

Blackcurrant Impact Whey Isolate
Banana Impact Whey Isolate
MP max true whey Velvet vanilla
Velvet Vanilla Impact Blend Deluxe
Strawberry Cream Impact Whey Protein
I don't like chocolate in a liquid form (I know I'm strange :P)
High Pro Vanilla and honeycomb bar (tried a bit tasted a bit :yuck:smile:
Virtue Bar fruit burst :sogood:
(edited 11 years ago)
Got rejected from Nottingham vet school toodaayy, could do with a ****load of cake right now :tongue:
Original post by Indieboohoo
Awwww :cute: thanks everyone

Yellow Nutshell I got all different types of flavours so if I like it I will get it again.

Blackcurrant Impact Whey Isolate
Banana Impact Whey Isolate
MP max true whey Velvet vanilla
Velvet Vanilla Impact Blend Deluxe
Strawberry Cream Impact Whey Protein
I don't like chocolate in a liquid form (I know I'm strange :P)
High Pro Vanilla and honeycomb bar (tried a bit tasted a bit :yuck:smile:
Virtue Bar fruit burst :sogood:

That's lots of samples! Sound good. I'm a chocolate person myself, but I can see why people don't like it in terms of whey.

__

I ran 8.2 miles today. I'm ever so excited for myself haha. This is the furthest I've run to date :biggrin:
Just about to log it on MFP and see how many calories I can now eat :colone:

Edit: I'm now -389 calories. Dinner is gonna be gooooooooooood!
(edited 11 years ago)
That's lots of samples! Sound good. I'm a chocolate person myself, but I can see why people don't like it in terms of whey.

__

I ran 8.2 miles today. I'm ever so excited for myself haha. This is the furthest I've run to date :biggrin:
Just about to log it on MFP and see how many calories I can now eat :colone:

Edit: I'm now -389 calories. Dinner is gonna be gooooooooooood!

What's chocolate whey like? Like, does it taste much like a normal chocolate milkshake, or a slimfast shake, or is it incomparable to anything, etc? Contemplating ordering some samples, but myprotein don't have most of the chocolate ones in stock at the moment.

E: Also, what on earth are you gonna have for dinner to fill that deficit? I ran 5 miles and did an hour of weights on monday and had a 600 cal deficit below my MFP target, and there was no way on earth I could eat another 600 calories. Think this is where the protein shakes are gonna have to come in, with full fat milk.
(edited 11 years ago)
Family are out tonight, which means I have control over my dinner. Yay :biggrin:

I'm planning on garlic and coriander crusted cod, with mustardy new potatoes and peas. Possibly some other veg too, depending on what's in the fridge.
Original post by Becca-Sarah
What's chocolate whey like? Like, does it taste much like a normal chocolate milkshake, or a slimfast shake, or is it incomparable to anything, etc? Contemplating ordering some samples, but myprotein don't have most of the chocolate ones in stock at the moment.

I'm using the Myprotein Max Elle True Diet. I don't have it a lot, generally after the gym I've been using weights and like today if I've done a long run. It tastes...ok. It's not quite like a normal milkshake and it's definitely not as appetizing in water. I think the best way to describe it is like a very powdery milkshake, if that makes sense. As in when you're drinking it it's got bit of a powdery texture. I find it fine though, it's not unpleasant! I find sometimes I just add a bit of nesquik to it if I want it a bit more chocolatey :colondollar:

E: About the dinner thing..yes, I was wondering this too. It's because I didn't eat a lot earlier. I haven't had much of an appetite lately. I might have another shake! Also I was making my own dinner as my parents were making some pastry thing, but maybe now I can just steal theirs...
(edited 11 years ago)
OMG GUYS IVE LOST 2 MORE POUNDS EEEEEEEEEE

I am now 10 stone and so so so close to a healthy BMI (im 5 foot 2 and over the mmmooonnn!!) :biggrin: :biggrin:
Original post by marmalady
This is potentially concerning... what's your goal? I take it you use MFP - which is designed for you to MEET the goal it gives you, otherwise you're creating too large of a deficit to have efficient weight loss.

Don't feel bad for giving into temptations once in a while - it's natural and there's no point in depriving yourself of the things you like as that won't be sustainable for life :smile: Plus hazelnut wafers sound omnomnomnomm....

Also don't worry about the belly fat - it WILL fall off as long as you stick with it and keep exercising and eating healthily. It can be disconcerting but they say the place you put on fat first is the last place the fat goes from. Patience is key! :biggrin:

Ive been waiting for ages to +rep you :frown: and now i finally could my fat fingers accidentally pressed neg on my touch screen FFUUUUUU :angry:
Original post by Stir fried Giblets

I am now 10 stone and so so so close to a healthy BMI (im 5 foot 2 and over the mmmooonnn!!) :biggrin: :biggrin:

:woo: Congrats :smile:

---

I was doing pretty well today, but now I'm in the house at home and having to try really hard to fend off a snack attack :s-smilie:

Trying to distract myself with fruit tea...
Is it really a big issue to be under your calorie goal on MFP? I didn't eat a lot earlier, ran my socks off and then had a massive deficit to make up. I still have 500 left but I am STUFFED! I don't want to end up not losing anything this week from not eating enough!
Is it really a big issue to be under your calorie goal on MFP? I didn't eat a lot earlier, ran my socks off and then had a massive deficit to make up. I still have 500 left but I am STUFFED! I don't want to end up not losing anything this week from not eating enough!

How much have you had to eat so far? I think the general rule is that once a week or so doens't matter too much, as long as it doesn't become a regular habit :smile:

----

Snack attack defeated :biggrin: I'm watching Supersize vs. Superskinny, and the supersize guy was talking about eating out of boredom. which was exactly what my desire for food was stemming from. Just needed a reminder of it :smile:

Weather looks like it'll be ok tomorrow *touch wood* so will hopefully head out for a run. I'll be dragging my mum with me again - she walks round the park rather than runs, but I'm trying to get her to exercise more. She's not overweight (far from it, she weighs a stone plus less than I do), but she doesn't do any exercise, and wants to get back into it (she used to come with me over the summer, but stopped as soon as I went back to uni)
Original post by Stir fried Giblets

Aw well done. Couldn't rep you though
[QUOTE='Flo[ProActiv];37006216']How much have you had to eat so far? I think the general rule is that once a week or so doens't matter too much, as long as it doesn't become a regular habit :smile:

Well I had weetabix for breakfast, but then ran over lunch time so didn't have much then, had a protein shake when I got in and have had a big dinner. Chicken kiev with jacket potato and broccoli :drool:

So dinner was quite calorific, butter and cheese isn't normally in my diet lately!

I figured I might just have a hot chocolate before bed and call it a day :s-smilie:
Well I had weetabix for breakfast, but then ran over lunch time so didn't have much then, had a protein shake when I got in and have had a big dinner. Chicken kiev with jacket potato and broccoli :drool:

So dinner was quite calorific, butter and cheese isn't normally in my diet lately!

I figured I might just have a hot chocolate before bed and call it a day :s-smilie:

I recall you saying you do weights as well as running - how do you log it on MFP? Like there is no way my hour of lifting is only 186 calories.
I recall you saying you do weights as well as running - how do you log it on MFP? Like there is no way my hour of lifting is only 186 calories.

I'm not entirely sure if I'm honest. When I log weights it doesn't even contribute to my calorie expenditure :s-smilie: I only tend to do half an hour at a time so I wasn't too concerned.
Do you wear a HRM or anything? Then you could just see what that tells you and create your own to track each time? Sorry I'm not much use!
I'm not entirely sure if I'm honest. When I log weights it doesn't even contribute to my calorie expenditure :s-smilie: I only tend to do half an hour at a time so I wasn't too concerned.
Do you wear a HRM or anything? Then you could just see what that tells you and create your own to track each time? Sorry I'm not much use!

There's an option for "strength training (weight lifting)" under the cardiovascular heading :wink: No, I don't have a HRM. Not sure I particularly see a need to get one at this stage.
There's an option for "strength training (weight lifting)" under the cardiovascular heading :wink: No, I don't have a HRM. Not sure I particularly see a need to get one at this stage.

Well, you learn something new everyday! But I agree, especially as weights is completely dependent on what you're lifting, how vigorously etc. Until I'm doing more serious lifting I'm not going to worry too much about the calories. But if you figure something out let me know! :biggrin:
Well, you learn something new everyday! But I agree, especially as weights is completely dependent on what you're lifting, how vigorously etc. Until I'm doing more serious lifting I'm not going to worry too much about the calories. But if you figure something out let me know! :biggrin:

Found a calorie calculator that reckons 'general weightlifting' is 213/hr, and 'vigorous weightlifting' is 384. I'll go with the average... I realise that there's clearly a difference between, say, sitting down curling a 2kg dumbbell, and squatting 100kg, but if I can feel my heartrate going up to 'exercise' levels and am sore afterwards, to me that counts as exercise just as much as if I cycle to the shops.
Reply 1879
Did 30DS Level 1 again today - Reckon I'm going to try do it 3/4 times a week plus running rather than everyday.

Breakfast: porridge with apple, cinnamon and raisins (so good!)
Lunch: 2 slices of toast with pepper, tomato and cheese. Carrot sticks and hummus. Mini almond biscuits
Afternoon: hot cross bun
Dinner: honey and mustard chicken with onions, broccoli, carrots, green beans and potatoes. Shortbread biscuit with a little bit of ice cream and fruit

Latest