Missed Job Centre Interview (sign on) Need Excuse!

Announcements Posted on

ReputationRep:
    to jelkin - i get ur reference - i believe it a play ??

ReputationRep:
    They would have expected you to call and say you couldn't come, either way so probably best NOT to lie!

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone,
    I need some serious help?
    What has happened is that when I went to the job centre I was waiting for over half an hour and I approached them and they said you was meant to come in last week I was confused and said I mixed up my dates and I actually did. They have therefore stopped my money for 4 weeks and I can fill ina form for reconsidderation but I have to expand on what I said so I cant say I was ill I would I have said there and then I havr to give a reason to why I mixed up my dates.

Thanks plz get back asap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabah18)
    Hi everyone,
    I need some serious help?
    What has happened is that when I went to the job centre I was waiting for over half an hour and I approached them and they said you was meant to come in last week I was confused and said I mixed up my dates and I actually did. They have therefore stopped my money for 4 weeks and I can fill ina form for reconsidderation but I have to expand on what I said so I cant say I was ill I would I have said there and then I havr to give a reason to why I mixed up my dates.

Thanks plz get back asap
    Really, how can you mix up dates? Don't you have a sheet or that green card with your appointment date?

ReputationRep:
    Just say you had diarrhoea, you can't provide proof and they can't check

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was the following wednesday. no I have to say a reason why I mixed up my dates a good reason!

ReputationRep:
    Let me guess, you work in the job centre yes???. Well no one actually asked for your opinion. Your a gob****e who spouts the crap your corrupt company tells you to, after all you wouldnt want to be on the receiving end. Its not so cut and shut on the other side of the desk, you useless ****tard. Wake the **** up and stop being a corporate puppet! Get a life!

ReputationRep:
    You're a f***nugget

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabah18)
    I thought it was the following wednesday. no I have to say a reason why I mixed up my dates a good reason!
    That happened to me. Except I forgot about a group session because I had so many interviews the week I was supposed to attend it. I was honest and told them that, I was still sanctioned. I mark everything I'm supposed to attend in my calender on my phone from now on.

ReputationRep:
    Prick!

ReputationRep:
    4 weeks for the first offence then 13 weeks if you do anything else wrong!

ReputationRep:
    Get a job ya bloody dolly

Poll
How are you feeling about doing A-levels?
Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.