The Student Room Group

Rochdale Child Sex Trial- The Race Card is pulled out

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by marcusfox
He said: "You have only got my kind here. You are looking for scapegoats. Where are the white people?

"They have trained them in sex. They have trained them in drinking. By the time they are fully trained, they start their own business," he said.

Judge Gerald Clifton interjected to ask the defendant to "think about whether he was doing himself any good".

From the BBC - for those objecting to an article in the Daily Mail purely because it's the Daily Mail. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-17615673

But it's a common theme we see in TSR threads by apologists for these people.

"White people commit these crimes too."

"What's a girl like this doing out drinking at this time of night?"

"The girls were to blame for leading them on."

etc.

Yeah, they use the exact same apologies, only worded different, to this guy. The race card, its white peoples fault for being immoral, he even used a line one of the rapists fathers on the Channel 4 documentary used which was on a similar issue, that it is social services fault.

The extent ofwhich he has victim blamed and been racist himself, repeating 'white' people, having the audacity to say we 'train' young girls into sex and drinking, is absoloutely astonishing.

Its almost like this guy has no idea whatsoever and thinks hes still in some backward foreign country.
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 21
Original post by Chloe xxx
I imagine their defence lawyers have told them the best card to play in PC Britain when accused of a horrific crime like this, is the race one.

Pretty low of them to be honest, I cannot see this article doing the Pakistani community any good at all. The guy basically says the 'white people' are responsible for what he and his friends did to the girls for 'training' girls in sex and drinking.

Basically, blaming our culture for their perverted deeds.

You saw the comment by the judge right?

Believe me when I say no lawyer in their right mind would advice their client to come out with this kind of an outburst, I wouldn't be surprised if his poor lawyer was desperately trying to signal him to stop.
Reply 22
Exactly. This guy is landing the community in it, big time. He's basically acknowledging what we have been saying all along, that this problem is widespread and many people of this community see no problems with this sort of behaviour.

why would they, it's the girls fault/white peoples fault. :colone:
Reply 23
Original post by Bonged.
why would they, it's the girls fault/white peoples fault. :colone:

Yeah, its fairly obvious even from TSR threads that this is the opinion. Many have come here blaming white people and white girls for drinking and acting/dressing 'immorally'.
Reply 24
Original post by Carecup
You saw the comment by the judge right?

Believe me when I say no lawyer in their right mind would advice their client to come out with this kind of an outburst, I wouldn't be surprised if his poor lawyer was desperately trying to signal him to stop.

I hope he carries on. Infact, I hope he refers to all the girls as little dirty white whores and says other disgusting things so he gets maximum sentence.

Well...we can only hope :cool:
Reply 25
Yeah, its fairly obvious even from TSR threads that this is the opinion. Many have come here blaming white people and white girls for drinking and acting/dressing 'immorally'.

Because we are afraid to stand up for our own culture, our own people, it's easier to play along and continue with the self loathing/guilt complex.

Oh noes! soz about colonialism, rape some english girls to help you get over it. :rolleyes:
Original post by Ray Bradbury
He said: 'There's 20,000 Pakistanis in Nelson, she is probably serving half of them.

From the horses mouth.

If this is the evidence they are going to give I think it will make it very hard for the Pakistani community to carry on saying it was a few perverted individuals.

You've got to be incredibly gullible to believe that she's had sex with at least 10,000 people, at such a young age :rolleyes: Many people before had said that he's a bit of a nutter, and it's obvious he wants to use some sort of an argument to make it look like he did nothing wrong

Exactly. This guy is landing the community in it, big time. He's basically acknowledging what we have been saying all along, that this problem is widespread and many people of this community see no problems with this sort of behaviour.

Except he's not. The community don't want him back, as mentioned in your own source

Daily Mail
Sir, it doesn't bother me anymore. I have got no one else to go back to. My name has been blackened in the community. I can't go back to my family. You may as well put me away

You're just trying to put forward your own prejudices that somehow all Pakistani's don't give a damn. Of course, we give a damn. It increases tensions amongst other groups, at the very least

Saying that however, they do deserve to be locked up, and their behaviour isn't excusable
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 27
Original post by de_monies
You've got to be incredibly gullible to believe that she's had sex with at least 10,000 people, at such a young age :rolleyes: Many people before had said that he's a bit of a nutter, and it's obvious he wants to use some sort of an argument to make it look like he did nothing

Except he's not. The community don't want him back, as mentioned in your own source

You're just trying to put forward your own prejudices that somehow all Pakistani's don't give a damn. Of course, we give a damn. It increases tensions amongst other groups, at the very least

Saying that however, they do deserve to be locked up, and their behaviour isn't excusable

If they got away with it and the cases weren't reported, would we see pakistanis coming out of the woodwork condemning this? lol, no. it's when there is a chance of retribution/community tensions that the community gets interested. suddenly everyone is really concerned that the pakistani community is ok. parody.
Original post by Bonged.
If they got away with it and the cases weren't reported, would we see pakistanis coming out of the woodwork condemning this? lol, no. it's when there is a chance of retribution/community tensions that the community gets interested. suddenly everyone is really concerned that the pakistani community is ok. parody.

Yes you would, but it's never mentioned in the press. I happen to unfortunately know that there are some Pakistani people that have committed crimes (not on as serious a scale as this), and it's not been mentioned in the media, yet every one effectively disowns them.

That's what you get when you live in a tight knit community
Reply 29
You've got to be incredibly gullible to believe that she's had sex with at least 10,000 people, at such a young age :rolleyes: Many people before had said that he's a bit of a nutter, and it's obvious he wants to use some sort of an argument to make it look like he did nothing

Quite amusing you say this is him saying it to look like he did nothing yet...

You think he is telling the truth when he says his community doesnt want him back, he has no family and the judge should just put him away. How do you know he isnt just saying this also for the sympathy vote?

..........................Above in bold
Quite amusing you say this is him saying it to look like he did nothing yet...

Well, do you really think that the girl has had sex with 10,000 men. I'd imagine that would be hard in a whole lifetime, let alone for a young girl!

You think he is telling the truth when he says his community doesnt want him back, he has no family and the judge should just put him away. How do you know he isnt just saying this also for the sympathy vote?

If you're going to play this card, then find me a source that says the Pakistani community doesn't care. On TSR, the majority of Pakistani's here have said that he is a bit of a ****, and that we don't really like him, and that alone is proof that we don't want him, yet according to you, we don't care :rolleyes:

Also, see my post above yours about people that I happen to unfortunately know, where the entire community have effectively disowned them
Reply 31
Yes you would, but it's never mentioned in the press. I happen to unfortunately know that there are some Pakistani people that have committed crimes (not on as serious a scale as this), and it's not been mentioned in the media, yet every one effectively disowns them.

That's what you get when you live in a tight knit community

would be interested in seeing any form of local press or press targeted at pakistani muslims showing the local attitude towards these creatures and the girls they raped.

after reporting them to the police I hope?!

along with race attacks on outsiders etc.
Reply 32
Well, do you really think that the girl has had sex with 10,000 men. I'd imagine that would be hard in a whole lifetime, let alone for a young girl!

If you're going to play this card, then find me a source that says the Pakistani community doesn't care. On TSR, the majority of Pakistani's here have said that he is a bit of a ****, and that we don't really like him, and that alone is proof that we don't want him, yet according to you, we don't care :rolleyes:

Also, see my post above yours about people that I happen to unfortunately know, where the entire community have effectively disowned them

I imagine that a large majority of pakistanis, such as yourself, strongly oppose this behaviour and rightly do not 'want' the guy.

However, the issue is complex because often the circles these guys move in with fellow pakistanis, doesnt involve pakistani women just men, and they tend to think its ok.
Original post by Bonged.
would be interested in seeing any form of local press or press targeted at pakistani muslims showing the local attitude towards these creatures and the girls they raped.

after reporting them to the police I hope?!

along with race attacks on outsiders etc.

Well, if you want to say that, then show me proof that the Pakistani community doesn't care. You only have to look at TSR, to realise that the Pakistani community does care when people are raped, regardless of who they are and where they've came from

Also, with the people I know, no one really knew about their crimes, until they were raided (mainly drugs)
Reply 34
Well, if you want to say that, then show me proof that the Pakistani community doesn't care. You only have to look at TSR, to realise that the Pakistani community does care when people are raped, regardless of who they are and where they've came from

Also, with the people I know, no one really knew about their crimes, until they were raided (mainly drugs)

Say what? I asked you for proof that they do?

hmm... it's a bit more iffy than that. just looking at tsr and not considering personal interactions I've had with pakistanis, there are alot of apologists that blame this on the girls, our culture (english people) etc etc. deflecting any blame or responsibility. it's like they view these men as retards that aren't responsible for their own actions.

I do accept however that these cases were probably kept under wraps by police that were terrified of having to deal with deteriorating "community relations". rather than the silence being wholly due to community indifference. gotta love identity politics and race relations industry eh? they would rather have girls being turned into kebabs (it's literally like a parody, isnt it!) than deal with these crimes because of the identity of the aggressors and the identity of the victims.
Reply 35

Yeah, its fairly obvious even from TSR threads that this is the opinion

What world do YOU live in? I haven't seen one person on this thread suggest or hint that this man and the people who did these crimes are anything but the lowest of scum. It irritates me when people ascribe false viewpoints to OTHERS in order to propagate a biased opinion. This guy is scum, and everybody agrees with that. Stop making up stuff to "prove" your opinions right.
Hang on a minute. Does it really count as them playing the race card if the media has already made a big deal about them being Asian? Their race has been brought up countless times in the discussion surrounding this case. I don't think you can accuse them of playing the race card when it's already been made a race issue.
Original post by dgeorge
What world do YOU live in? I haven't seen one person on this thread suggest or hint that this man and the people who did these crimes are anything but the lowest of scum. It irritates me when people ascribe false viewpoints to OTHERS in order to propagate a biased opinion. This guy is scum, and everybody agrees with that. Stop making up stuff to "prove" your opinions right.

I have.

Just look at some of the negs on the first page.

I first noticed it on my post when I said that it was common for the apologists of their crimes to blame the victim (and play the race card), but its on others with a similar point of view. If there were no apologists, there would be no neg for saying that.

You know full well they exist, and so its convenient for you to say that you haven't seen anyone on this thread do it (even though it has happened on many others) because they are to cowardly to say so, they just neg and run, so to speak.
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Captain Haddock
Hang on a minute. Does it really count as them playing the race card if the media has already made a big deal about them being Asian? Their race has been brought up countless times in the discussion surrounding this case. I don't think you can accuse them of playing the race card when it's already been made a race issue.

It's the 'race card' when one of them says "Where are the white people? You only have 'my kind' here".

Do we get white paedophiles on trial saying "Where are the pakistanis?"

I think not.
Reply 39
Original post by marcusfox
I have.

Just look at some of the negs on the first page.

I first noticed it on my post when I said that it was common for the apologists of their crimes to blame the victim (and play the race card), but its on others with a similar point of view. If there were no apologists, there would be no neg for saying that.

You know full well they exist, and so its convenient for you to say that you haven't seen anyone on this thread do it because they are to cowardly to say so, they just neg and run, so to speak.

Strange how despite the fact that I, and other people are saying that these persons are scum that nobody has negged anyone except for you and Chloe, who has a clear anti-islamic bias as displayed through several of his/her posts.

I never said that NO ONE who holds stupid/retarded racist views exists. They do. However, the vast majority of TSR posters don't, and its disengenious to complain saying that people are blaming these girls when NO ONE HAS

FYI - just because someone has negged you doesn't mean that they disagreed that these guys are evil scum and that the girls are victims. It could also be that they disagree with other points that you have raised.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending