The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by wizard710
Guys, all I am saying is my hero, when rooted felt like it never fully worked for whatever reason be that due to the ROM or titanium not restoring market links properly or whatever and at the current moment, with my phone fully working and in warranty and eventually going to receive ICS I'm not quite ready to dive into rooting it

I'd bet it was that tbh. There's an app to fix that these days, don't think it was around in the Hero days.

Ahhh.... the Hero.... :moon:
My Hero's still doing great. On its own I love it, it's only when I compare it to other phones that I realising how... aged it is
Original post by + polarity -
My Hero's still doing great. On its own I love it, it's only when I compare it to other phones that I realising how... aged it is

TBF, so is mine, though it's with a friend these days. It keeps her happy though. I know what you mean - put it next to my Desire S and it's just.... not good.
:yep:
Subscribing to this thread.

I have an SG2...only had it for a month (free upgrade from Samsung as my previous S1 died) but am struggling to improve the ease of use.

I can't seem to find a decent calendar/organiser that looks okay on a widget, I've love some nicer looking widgets, but I've got no clue where to look.

Plus any tips on keeping performance would be good - at the moment its amazing.

I warn you now, I have no clue about phones.
Original post by ninegrandstudent
I can't seem to find a decent calendar/organiser that looks okay on a widget, I've love some nicer looking widgets, but I've got no clue where to look.

Android Pro Widgets.
Reply 7226
Original post by mikeyd85
Porting from DHD > DS is pretty straight forward. Don't need to change too much at all.

It'll be the 2.x kernel at fault.

Yeah, I believe the kernel is the problem. Nexx said that the phone will reboot under intense load because of the kernel 'oop' or something.

The DHD guys have a Lord ClocklaN kernel, and he is a master at that. He probably built the kernel so it is more stable...
Original post by mikeyd85
Android Pro Widgets.

Will have a look.

Is is worth getting Go Launcher Ex to improve the interface, or is the standard Samsung one better?

Also, does anyone who has this phone find it lags when charging?
Will have a look.

Is is worth getting Go Launcher Ex to improve the interface, or is the standard Samsung one better?

Go Launcher EX and GO SMS are much better than the default launcher (homescreen) and texting application, respectively. I would also recommend Beautiful Widgets for weather purposes.

It doesn't lag for me. :dontknow:
Will have a look.

Go Launcher EX is one of the best launchers, in my opinion, as it is EXTREMELY customizable. I have used it extensively in the past.

I would definitely recommend it over the standard Samsung touch-wiz launcher. Also, Go Launcher EX has a few add-ons, including a calendar widget which I found pretty decent.
Yeah I use go launcher as it means I have a 5x4 grid which is more more efficient on my S2
Original post by whyumadtho
Go Launcher EX and GO SMS are much better than the default launcher (homescreen) and texting application, respectively. I would also recommend Beautiful Widgets for weather purposes.

It doesn't lag for me. :dontknow:

Original post by Sgt.Incontro
Go Launcher EX is one of the best launchers, in my opinion, as it is EXTREMELY customizable. I have used it extensively in the past.

I would definitely recommend it over the standard Samsung touch-wiz launcher. Also, Go Launcher EX has a few add-ons, including a calendar widget which I found pretty decent.

Original post by wizard710
Yeah I use go launcher as it means I have a 5x4 grid which is more more efficient on my S2

Thanks - just having a play with it now. Looks a lot better anyway...and it should stop the snotty looks from the boyfriend (he just got a new HTC) :tongue:

Not too sure about getting the GO SMS yet - will I lose messages I already have?
Reply 7232
too sure about getting the GO SMS yet - will I lose messages I already have?

No.
You're better off using GO calender if you are getting GO launcher. Stick a decent skin on it and they'll be no need for Android Pro Widgets.

It's a very good launcher.
Original post by G8D
I use Launcher Pro Plus and Handcent SMS :pierre:

:ditto:
Does anyone know any working way to block/track my htc desire??
It got stolen today.
Original post by cazzy-joe
It got stolen today.

Unless you set it up before hand then only the network can block it.

You could try http://www.htcsense.com but not sure it's on the original desire, and again it needs setting up before hand.
http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/introducing-cid

Interesting development from CyanogenMod, what do you make of the new mascot?
Original post by mahjongmagic
http://www.cyanogenmod.com/blog/introducing-cid

Interesting development from CyanogenMod, what do you make of the new mascot?

Will get a custom boot animation, that looks like one of the scary child ghosts in films, young but at least a 113% chance of killing me in my sleep.
Original post by cazzy-joe
It got stolen today.

Install Plan-B from the market on a computer...