The Student Room Group
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne

accommodation for northumbria 2012!

got my conditional offer for northumbria for next year and looking to apply to halls within the next week! where is worth going to which is pretty central and not too quiet? help appreciated! :smile::smile:
Reply 1
I was looking at Camden Court/Victoria hall, Basically just going to apply to one which is near the campus and that will leave me with a little bit of money, both looked really nice when I went up to look!
Our Student Central, Northumbria University
Northumbria University, Newcastle
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
I thinking of applying to Camden Court , Victoria Halls and Manor Bank , Stephenson Building maybe Glennamara not too sure though.
Although I only saw Victoria Halls on the open day I think Camden was near it can't remember. I'm not sure where the best halls to apply to are.
Reply 3
yeah i'm thinking on Camden Court aswell but I probably wont even see them until I arrive in Newcastle in september so just going by what people are saying on this and stuff! I'm actually based in coach lane campus but hear they are for nursing students and alot choose to live in the city
Reply 4
Remember that you can't pick which building specifically for ensuite choices, only city ensuite (all but Camden Court) or classic ensuite (Camden Court/Knoll Court) or both as two choices.

Also you have to pick 4 (choices not buildings), so you have to pick at least 2 non-ensuite.
Reply 5
could you tell me please an accommodation near to city canpus east? how far is claude gibb from city campus east?
Reply 6
Original post by greekguy
could you tell me please an accommodation near to city canpus east? how far is claude gibb from city campus east?

City Campus West (where Claude Gibb is) is literally next to City Campus East, the two are connected by a bridge going across a road. It'll take you about 5 minutes at the most to walk.
Reply 7
Original post by StacFace
City Campus West (where Claude Gibb is) is literally next to City Campus East, the two are connected by a bridge going across a road. It'll take you about 5 minutes at the most to walk.

thank you, and could you tell me please if all bills are included in en-suite rooms?:smile:
Reply 8
thank you, and could you tell me please if all bills are included in en-suite rooms?:smile:

Yes, all halls at the uni have bills included (whether ensuite or non-ensuite).
Reply 9
Yes, all halls at the uni have bills included (whether ensuite or non-ensuite).

and is everything included, i mean heat, light,water,fuel costs? And i would really appreciate it if you could tell me which is the best ensuite.
are there really rail tracks near to glenamara and camden court? isnt it disturbing?
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 10
and is everything included, i mean heat, light,water,fuel costs? And i would really appreciate it if you could tell me which is the best ensuite.
are there really rail tracks near to glenamara and camden court? isnt it disturbing?

Yes, they are all included. Even internet is included (with the exception of Rothbury Hall on Coach Lane Campus and Marleen Court in Heaton).

As for which ensuite is the best it depends what you want. Manor Bank is probably the most stylish, New Bridge Street is the most recently built and is right next to City Campus East whilst Camden Court and Victoria Hall are right next to both City Campus East and City Campus West. Knoll Court, Quay Point and Victoria Hall all have the option of applying for a larger room size, and Quay Point has a TV with the TV licence included. All of the ensuites are within a 15-minute walk.

There is an underground railway that runs behind Camden Court and goes underneath Glenamara House and Victoria Hall, however I think you should be more worried about the A-road on the other side of these three halls. It's also worth noting if you're looking for a quiet hall that Glenamara house is known as 'the party hall' and Camden Court also has a bit of a reputation for parties too. Lovaine Flats is the designated quiet hall but it's not ensuite and is one of the oldest halls.
Reply 11
Yes, they are all included. Even internet is included (with the exception of Rothbury Hall on Coach Lane Campus and Marleen Court in Heaton).

As for which ensuite is the best it depends what you want. Manor Bank is probably the most stylish, New Bridge Street is the most recently built and is right next to City Campus East whilst Camden Court and Victoria Hall are right next to both City Campus East and City Campus West. Knoll Court, Quay Point and Victoria Hall all have the option of applying for a larger room size, and Quay Point has a TV with the TV licence included. All of the ensuites are within a 15-minute walk.

There is an underground railway that runs behind Camden Court and goes underneath Glenamara House and Victoria Hall, however I think you should be more worried about the A-road on the other side of these three halls. It's also worth noting if you're looking for a quiet hall that Glenamara house is known as 'the party hall' and Camden Court also has a bit of a reputation for parties too. Lovaine Flats is the designated quiet hall but it's not ensuite and is one of the oldest halls.

StacFace thank you very much!
Reply 12
camden court or manor bank is better?
Reply 13

stacface, do you know whether victoria hall is no smoking residence?and what does it mean when it says fuel costs are included up to 200 pounds?
Reply 14
stacface, do you know whether victoria hall is no smoking residence?and what does it mean when it says fuel costs are included up to 200 pounds?

All of the halls are no smoking, and 'fuel costs up to £200' means that if you use the heaters so much that it costs the university over £200 just for your room then you will have to pay the extra. Basically it means you'll have to pay if you have the heating on all the time even when you're out/in the summer. Most if not all the halls will probably have something in the terms of the contract saying if you leave heating/lights/etc on constantly that you'll have to pay towards the bills, but if you just use them normally then you'll be fine.
Reply 15
All of the halls are no smoking, and 'fuel costs up to £200' means that if you use the heaters so much that it costs the university over £200 just for your room then you will have to pay the extra. Basically it means you'll have to pay if you have the heating on all the time even when you're out/in the summer. Most if not all the halls will probably have something in the terms of the contract saying if you leave heating/lights/etc on constantly that you'll have to pay towards the bills, but if you just use them normally then you'll be fine.

thanks!:smile:
Reply 16
hi , ive recently been offered a place in m marleen court halls . could anyone give me an insight into what its like and if it is seen as a good halls to be in ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending