Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Which American Football team should I support? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to get into American Football more and I thought the best way to start would be by supporting a team, however I don't know which one to follow. I don't live in the US and so can't "support my local team" and I don't have many close relatives so I could possible support theirs. Can you guys help me pick the right team to support please.

Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Best thing to do is just to start watching and let a favourite team emerge organically. Normally picking a half decent team with a reasonable passing game makes for an enjoyable time as a fan, but pre-selecting that is kinda cheating.

ReputationRep:
    I chose mine based on playing an old Madden game on my GameBoy - ended up rooting for the Buccaneers who went on to win a Superbowl.

They've faded away again recently though. :sad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by py0alb)
    Best thing to do is just to start watching and let a favourite team emerge organically. Normally picking a half decent team with a reasonable passing game makes for an enjoyable time as a fan, but pre-selecting that is kinda cheating.
    What do you mean? Just watch a load of different games and see which team like watching?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claret_n_blue)
    What do you mean? Just watch a load of different games and see which team like watching?
    Yep, or like marcusmerehay said play some Madden and decide on that.

Or just support the Atlanta Falcons.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, quite often if you pick a team right at the start for no good reason, you will end up changing your mind later on anyway when you find a team you prefer.

ReputationRep:
    First place I went to in America was Minnesota, I therefore automatically favour the Vikings. They're not a good team though but there is a fantastic vibe around the team and the literally everyone in the state supports their team.

ReputationRep:
    I watched a documentry on the NY Giants on Sky Sports one random night and instantly decided they were the team I was going to support. I don't follow NFL much, but when I do I always cheer on the Giants. Not a great way of choosing a NFL team to support, but Eli Manning is an amazing quarterback!

ReputationRep:
    Supporting a team is overrated. If you only watch the games on Sky you could end up barely seeing your chosen team all season. If anything support a college team because if you want to watch them you probably have to stream it anyway so you can choose. I don't watch college much though.

ReputationRep:
    Pick up a copy of madden. Try doing a franchise with a few different teams and see which team feels right.

Worked for me. Four years on and I'm still I diehard Denver Bronco.

ReputationRep:
    la raiders because theyre gangsta and ice cube and dr dre used to wear raider hats.

ReputationRep:
    Supported the Patriots but i also love the Bengals. I choose them because the Patriots were the first team i ever saw live. Going to go see them again this year i cant wait! You could choose a team by putting them all in a hat and pulling it out :P

ReputationRep:
    I like Chicago...... I like bears...... And they have a pretty uniform! That's how I chose them a couple of years ago. As luck had it they came to wembley last year so I got to go and see them win. It was awesome.

ReputationRep:
    That's how I decided on the Cowboys. And then watched them descend into awfulness.

Poll
Is GoT overrated?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.