The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7240
Carphone warehouse deals on the htc one x are pretty good, £36 a month 600 minutes ultimated texts and 1gb of net. Not bad for there flagship phone.
Reply 7241
Original post by johnnn
Carphone warehouse deals on the htc one x are pretty good, £36 a month 600 minutes ultimated texts and 1gb of net. Not bad for there flagship phone.

I found a even better deal at HUKD
Reply 7242
Can't download any new apps or update any old ones due to errors 921 and 941 :colonhash:
Sorry if this has been answered, but when is the ICS out for Samsung Galaxy S2? Thanks :smile:
Reply 7244
Original post by Koscielny
Sorry if this has been answered, but when is the ICS out for Samsung Galaxy S2? Thanks :smile:

It depends which carrier you are on, it is already out for people on 3, and maybe other networks I'm not sure. If you have SIM free, Samsung have announced that you will only get it after it has been released by each network (which is ridiculous IMO). You could look into installing a custom ROM with ICS, I don't know much about that but the other people in this thread might be able to help you :smile:
This site details the expected release dates.
Original post by tface
It is already out for people on 3

I'm on three but when I look for an update it says there isn't one avaliable? :s-smilie:

Thanks for that link. I'm on three but my phone says there is no update avaliable? :s-smilie: Any ideas?
Thanks for that link. I'm on three but my phone says there is no update avaliable? :s-smilie: Any ideas?
Are you trying to update via Kies or Over-The-Air?
Original post by whyumadtho
Are you trying to update via Kies or Over-The-Air?

I go;
Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Update

It connects to the server and responds by saying there is no update avaliable.
I go;
Settings > About Phone > Software Update > Update

It connects to the server and responds by saying there is no update avaliable.
Connect your cable and update via Kies; it isn't available OTA yet. Ensure you backup everything prior to updating.

Better to check here:
https://sites.google.com/site/rizandroid/ics
and
https://twitter.com/#!/SGS2Update

Tis a script that checks for updates every 6 mins and tweets as soon as it hits the KIES server.
First link is a list of all ICS releases out so far (UK At bottom). Both links by the same person.
Connect your cable and update via Kies; it isn't available OTA yet. Ensure you backup everything prior to updating.

I connected my phone to Kies but how do I update it? Kies keeps asking me to install the latest Kies update, 2.3.0.12035, over and over again and that's the only thing that happens.
(edited 12 years ago)
FFS. Spent all day on Eclipse messing about with Android and I'm getting nowhere, Just deleted all my projects and I'm starting from scratch. Need a break as well.
I connected my phone to Kies but how do I update it? Kies keeps asking me to install the latest Kies update, 2.3.0.12035, over and over again and that's the only thing that happens.
It should inform you that there is new firmware available in the 'Firmware information' box. :erm:
It should inform you that there is new firmware available in the 'Firmware information' box. :erm:

Firmware information:

Please update Samsung Kies to the latest version and then upgrade firmware.

I click upgrade and it wants to update to 2.3.0.12035_16, which it has done about 5 times now.
Firmware information:

Please update Samsung Kies to the latest version and then upgrade firmware.

I click upgrade and it wants to update to 2.3.0.12035_16, which it has done about 5 times now.
Hmm... try uninstalling Kies and re-downloading it from the Samsung website.
Hmm... try uninstalling Kies and re-downloading it from the Samsung website.

Tried that today and the same thing keeps happening... :s-smilie: Any idea when the OTA update is going to be out?
Tried that today and the same thing keeps happening... :s-smilie: Any idea when the OTA update is going to be out?
A long time afterwards... Is your phone rooted? You can use Mobile ODIN to flash the upgrade on your phone without losing data if it is.
Or you can just flash it with Odin and don't need to root it at all...

Latest

Trending

Trending