The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

QMUL Chat Mk II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4240
Original post by fleur_de_haine
Lol, you should so learn how to cook Indian food! Elsewise when people ask you you'll give explanations like Little Miss Green Dessert.

Hmm, I don't earn enough to be saving, that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.:ninja:

I won't, I'll say just say go google it and leave me alone! :tongue:

Lol, I'm going to try and put away at least £100 a month, thinking of opening one of those e-savings accounts and an ISA. My money is just sitting there doing **** all at the moment.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by Nitzy
I won't, I'll say just say go google it and leave me alone! :tongue:

Lol, I'm going to try and put away at least £100 a month, thinking of opening one of those e-savings accounts and an ISA. My money is just sitting there doing **** all at the moment.

Heh I suppose that's the a more direct approach to it! Pretty much what my mum does to me when I ask her about indian food, thankfully my aunts are slightly better at it.:tongue:

My money jsut seems to disappear and I have nothing to show for it. I haven't even had a decent holiday in ages. I need to go 'home' for a couple of weeks and just soak up some energy.
Reply 4242
Heh I suppose that's the a more direct approach to it! Pretty much what my mum does to me when I ask her about indian food, thankfully my aunts are slightly better at it.:tongue:

My money jsut seems to disappear and I have nothing to show for it. I haven't even had a decent holiday in ages. I need to go 'home' for a couple of weeks and just soak up some energy.

What do you class as a decent holiday? I know I wouldn't call spending 4 weeks in India a decent holiday :tongue:

Bah, I'm working till 10pm on a Sunday Kill me now.
On TSR at work, or you've not headed in yet? A decent holiday is just any holiday that I can relax and recharge on. Any holiday that my other half doesn't feel has to be filled with endless activities. Sometimes it'd be nice to wake up late, stroll around town, have something to eat and go back to the hotel room. Visiting this that and the other, whilst enriching, isn't necessarily relaxing ifthere's such a rigid timetable that I can't even stop to tie my laces.:no:

So in summary, a proper holiday is jsut anything that involves me being lazy abroad for at least thirty per cent of the time!

We're planning a trip to india, that should be fun and games!
Reply 4244
On TSR at work, or you've not headed in yet? A decent holiday is just any holiday that I can relax and recharge on. Any holiday that my other half doesn't feel has to be filled with endless activities. Sometimes it'd be nice to wake up late, stroll around town, have something to eat and go back to the hotel room. Visiting this that and the other, whilst enriching, isn't necessarily relaxing ifthere's such a rigid timetable that I can't even stop to tie my laces.:no:

So in summary, a proper holiday is jsut anything that involves me being lazy abroad for at least thirty per cent of the time!

We're planning a trip to india, that should be fun and games!

Not headed in yet when I wrote that. Heh, even worse tomorrow 7pm-11pm :nothing:

You should come on holiday with meeeeeeeeeee then it'll be all fun and laziness :wink:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Nitzy
Not headed in yet when I wrote that. Heh, even worse tomorrow 7pm-11pm :nothing:

You should come on holiday with meeeeeeeeeee then it'll be all fun and laziness :wink:

Sounds a treat!

Hmm, I'm sure I'm supposed to be working tomorrow, but they haven't send me a reminder message. I think I'll go in anyway and just insist they pay me.:yes: Working tomorrow?
Reply 4246
Sounds a treat!

Hmm, I'm sure I'm supposed to be working tomorrow, but they haven't send me a reminder message. I think I'll go in anyway and just insist they pay me.:yes: Working tomorrow?

Yup, another late one... What hours were you meant to do today then?

I know right? :tongue: I'm planning on going somewhere in June, I don't care where or with who... I just need a mini break!
Original post by Nitzy
Yup, another late one... What hours were you meant to do today then?

I know right? :tongue: I'm planning on going somewhere in June, I don't care where or with who... I just need a mini break!

Heh, I did 08:00-20:30, I wont miss those long days at all!

Why June in particular eh?
Reply 4248
Heh, I did 08:00-20:30, I wont miss those long days at all!

Why June in particular eh?

I booked time of work for then :tongue:

Yikes I hated those shifts, you have my sympathies. :console:
Project choices for 3rd year were due yesterday via Fogg postbox. I'm resitting 2nd year out of attendance, and only by chance decided to check today on the website when these were due. And realised **** I'M A DAY LATE. Do you think they'll still consider me instead of automatically submitting me for the rubbishy investigative project of only 15 credits? I've emailed my tutor, the guy in charge and the admin lady

PANICCCCC! :'(
Reply 4250
Hey, can anyone tell me if uni is open tomorrow because of Easter Monday or am I being stupid??
Original post by icapturethecastle
Project choices for 3rd year were due yesterday via Fogg postbox. I'm resitting 2nd year out of attendance, and only by chance decided to check today on the website when these were due. And realised **** I'M A DAY LATE. Do you think they'll still consider me instead of automatically submitting me for the rubbishy investigative project of only 15 credits? I've emailed my tutor, the guy in charge and the admin lady

PANICCCCC! :'(

Good luck but Pickersgill seemed quite strict on it :/
Original post by Future Doc
Good luck but Pickersgill seemed quite strict on it :/

I did email him, his reply was:

I imagine we shall be able to accommodate your request, but it will
depend ultimately on demand for Project Skills in the Life Sciences.
We will be in touch when the allocations have been made.

Doesn't sound too bad, right?

(I explained my circumstances to him etc. in the previous email)
Does anyone know when we find out whether or not our selections were successful?
Original post by hollywoodbudgie
Does anyone know when we find out whether or not our selections were successful?

Not sure. Looks like they post the list on the SBCS website.
sup guys, thought i'd just ask how's revision going? any first years posting especially, please introduce yourselves!
democracy

*Grab*

Our last general council meeting:

"GCM 'Should BLSA Continue to be Areligious and Non-political?"

Apparently certain groups are trying to pass a motion to allow political and religious societies to be made at BLSA and push the university to take a stance on certain issues.

Thoughts? This is going to be one of the only GCMs that I'll be quite vocal I think.
Original post by RollerBall
Our last general council meeting:

"GCM 'Should BLSA Continue to be Areligious and Non-political?"

Apparently certain groups are trying to pass a motion to allow political and religious societies to be made at BLSA and push the university to take a stance on certain issues.

Thoughts? This is going to be one of the only GCMs that I'll be quite vocal I think.

Wow, who are these groups? I would say try your best to avoid this at all costs, unless you want stuff like this to happen at BL.

It was really only a matter of time...I assume the loonies over at Mile End seem are increasing their influence in Whitechapel?

When is the meeting?
Original post by Democracy
Wow, who are these groups? I would say try your best to avoid this at all costs, unless you want stuff like this to happen at BL.

It was really only a matter of time...I assume the loonies over at Mile End seem are increasing their influence in Whitechapel?

When is the meeting?

If I believe what is going around on the facebook invite thing then yes, it is something to do with the increasing influence QM has had over here as of late. I'm strongly against it and will certainly be going. I can see no benefit to these groups. If they want to breed fundamentalists and have lunatics run amok then keep it over in QM, I do not want it over here.

It's on Thursday the 26th at 7.30 in Whitechapel, exact venue is currently undecided.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by RollerBall
If I believe what is going around on the facebook invite thing then yes, it is something to do with the increasing influence QM has over here as of late.

It's on Thursday the 26th at 7.30 in Whitechapel, exact venue is currently undecided.

If nothing else, do mention the above incident which happened at QMUL.

It would be a real shame if some impressionable first year came under the influence of some weirdos, acted inappropriately and got *******ed by FtP. It's a real shame anywhere, but I think I'm right in saying that the consequences would be more severe for a SMD student.

I know some of the staff are also supportive of the secular nature of the association, perhaps get them to weigh in?

Quick Reply